Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Official AC Representative Q&A Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jasper2009
Dear AC forum members,

We're sure most of you have been following New AC Presence on FT which has received a huge amount of responses.

In order to better manage the discussion and to ensure the AC representatives have a chance to read and reply to all the comments and questions, we've decided to slightly modify the format of the discussion:

(1) The core purpose of this thread is to allow a dialogue between FTers and AC management. As in the previous thread you may ask questions and provide feedback to AC management and the AC representatives will do their best to reply to the feedback/questions posted.
(2) FTers are welcome to reply to any of the AC representatives' posts.
(3) We kindly ask that FTers refrain from replying to other FTers' posts. The goal is to have a more streamlined Q&A thread.
(4) If you have any suggestions regarding this thread, kindly contact any of the moderators via PM or send a message using the RBP button.
(5) Should you not have received a reply to a question raised in the previous AC presence thread, you may re-post it in the new thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

And, by multiple requests from forum members, this thread is now a sticky!

Air Canada forum moderators
Print Wikipost

Official AC Representative Q&A Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Hi Bens - appreciate your being on here very much

I wonder if you could provide the definitive answer on my thread Lower requalification level option for next year as it seems to be speculation at this point and I trust you see the logic of zrh2yvr's response

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC E35, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by airbus320
Is there any merit to adding status miles and status segments to the purchase of LMUs ?

I have often considered the purchase of an LMU and status miles/segments would have been the deal clincher.
Agreed.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:24 am
Suspended

Just hit E50K, no E50K Card yet, can I access AC lounge at CDG?

Simple question:

I hit E50K on my outgoing flight to Paris. I'm now showing up as E50K on the Altitude website. Will I be able to use the CDG AC Maple Leaf Lounge in CDG Terminal 2 on my return Friday? E50K should show up on my ticket.

Do I need to do anything or am I fine?

Regards

Michael
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:28 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by Michael Slavitch
Simple question:

I hit E50K on my outgoing flight to Paris. I'm now showing up as E50K on the Altitude website. Will I be able to use the CDG AC Maple Leaf Lounge in CDG Terminal 2 on my return Friday? E50K should show up on my ticket.

Regards

Michael
If E50k shows up on your BP (and therefore is reflected in our system) you should be okay; the agent should be able to verify your status (note this only applies in our louges, as partner lounges can't verify status).
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
I'm wondering if there is any chance of Rouge ever flying YYZ - BUD. I understand that the route is not interesting for the mainline, but perhaps there would be enough tourist/VFR traffic (typical Rouge customers) at least for summer service.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
I'm batting a thousand with Ben-requests. Thanks for the no change fee between YEG-YYC-YVR; this totally deepened my loyalty.

On to my second request/suggestion: I am a segment SE since 2006 and am slowly...REALLY SLOWLY...climbing the Million Mile ticker. As it has been discussed before, is there any new thought to establishing MM respect for those of us earning status via AQS? Retain the 1 Million AQM threshold and complement with and/or 1 Thousand AQS in the fine print. These (100K AQM or 95 AQS) are equal ways to accrue to SE100K on an annual status year basis so why not as part of the MM program. I'm feeling no love here.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Michael Slavitch
Simple question:

Regards

Michael
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
If E50k shows up on your BP (and therefore is reflected in our system) you should be okay; the agent should be able to verify your status (note this only applies in our louges, as partner lounges can't verify status).
Do newly minted status members still have to get the checkin agent to remove the AE number and then re add same AE number to get status field to change on the PNR?

I learned of this trick eight years ago when I first became AC Elite, the AE number trick got me into the London lounge when I had similar circumstance to the OP. Paying forward advice to new FT community members.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:26 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by WR Cage
Do newly minted status members still have to get the checkin agent to remove the AE number and then re add same AE number to get status field to change on the PNR?
I would say yes, because the status reflected in the PNR is current as of time of booking. Unfortunately it's not set to auto-update, so if your status changes between booking and flying I would suggest asking an agent (be it Reservations or at the airport) to delete your FF number and re-add it to reflect the change.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: AC S100K
I'd like to suggest and request that you take a look at the Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria triangle for earlier flight change fee waivers or free standby. From what I've seen of the traffic patterns on these routes (however anecdotal) it could be a win for AC and travellers alike.

Last edited by BlueMilk; Sep 25, 2014 at 1:07 pm Reason: Clarity.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: AC 100k, BA
I commented in this thread previously about YVR - YYJ and would have thought it would be included in the YVR - YYC - YEG triangle.

To reiterate, to fly back TATL or TPAC requires booking a healthy layover at YVR. Usually the arrival is on time and there will be an earlier flight to YYJ that will go out with empty seats. I will not pay a change fee to take that flight and, it seems to me, everyone loses by charging that fee.

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 25, 2014 at 11:46 am
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Bens:

First - please convey thanks to the delayed baggage agent at YSJ on the night of Sept 23rd. My bag missed the connection between AC 142 and AC 8948. There was critical equipment in the bag and I believe that the agent dropped the bag off at my Hotel at 01:00 rather than wait until the next day's truck. This is above and beyond and saved - what would other wise have been -a wasted trip.

Now the question. Could the registration of a baggage claim be sped up by something like a QR code on the back of the boarding pass that contains all the passengers information? Seems to me that I (and the other 4 passengers in the same situation) spent a lot of time giving information that AC already has somewhere in their system. The only things that they don't have are:

"What did the bag look like"
"Where do you need it delivered" and
"Whats your cell number"

On the plus side, I used the live chat with AC customer support to confirm that AC had all the information. I found this much better than the live voice to voice call because, the wait time was acceptable and there are none of the problems with English/accents (both call centre and mine). While accents may be difficult to negotiate, the written exchange was fine. And.... you can do the live web chat in the Hotel bar on a smartphone.. :-)
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: AC SE
Ben,

2 issues with the iPhone app:
- non-AC flights don't get added to my calendar. The AC flights part of a mixed itinerary work fine, but LO & SN don't show up. If this is on purpose, I'd like to find an option to include any *A flight (obviously there needs to be an AC booking reference)
- when checking in 2 passengers, I cannot change the FF# for the 2nd passenger because I have requested an e-upgrade. The request comes from my account, so I should be able to change a US FF# to an AP one, no?

Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Meal Vouchers

Pre-purchase of meal vouchers.

This needs to be fixed.
I just tried to buy them for myself and my family on vacation to Miami.
My ticket was purchased online through aircanada.com and theirs were acquired via Air Miles. (booked into Flex BTW)
The option to buy the vouchers was greyed out on manage my bookings for their PNR, and so was mine.
I called in and was told this is not an option for Air Miles tickets and they did not know why my ticket couldn't on the website but it could be added manually. I declined.

According to the website, these are the restrictions:
Air Canada Café vouchers:
■ Can be used on most flights of 2 hours or more with Air Canada Café service
■ Can be purchased for groups of 10 or more: contact the Air Canada Group Desk at least 48 hours in advance
■ Are not available for Aeroplan bookings or for flights booked using a Flight Pass credit

It does not say it cant be used on other 'awards' flights.
So my family's tickets should have this option.

Is this an IT issue?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
This doesn't jive with my recent experience ... this past week I was asked to show my card in YYZ transborder, YYZ domestic, YOW twice and YUL once. I asked the agent why every time (status was printed on my boarding pass) and I received the same answer every time "management insists we see the card because your status doesn't show here" (pointing generally at the boarding pass).

Those are all MLL lounges, so the front line management is hearing, or directing, a different message.

I was not asked for it in the ORD UA lounge or the IAD UA lounge - my boarding pass was enough.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Maybe I missed this but I am still getting the impression that I can't upgrade on domestic rouge, e.g. YYC-PHX using eupgrades. Maybe I am misguided (more than normal))

Just miffs me a bit if we still can't upgrade. I bought a southwestern sun pass earlier this year with intentions of upgrading where possible and since that time all routes have been rouged and I still have 6 credits left.

Of course, no offer of compensation has been forthcoming even though the service has been reduced.

I actually don't want compensation and even though I really don't want rouge either, just want capability to upgrade Rouge using eupgrades. Seems only fair that this should be implemented by now so I am hoping it is even if at same levels as former Executive Class-better than a kick in the *ss

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.