Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kwflyer
No, it was brought up by extremely angry penguin who asserted (and supported)the paternalistic, parochial,notion that no negative comments should be allowed on flyertalk. Which would amount to censorship and contrary to the liberal democratic values of FT. I just called them out on her/his anti democratic thesis.

I'm not sure how many times I need to say this.

Don't attack the messenger. @:-)

When Altitude 2015 was announced, I was very vocal as we all know about the changes and expressed my sincere anger/displeasure at the changes. However, I chose to not attack Ben.

There's a saying in life. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. If you choose to do otherwise, I have certain words that I have in mind to describe that behavior, but it's certainly not respectful.

I love how at Dos, those that are disrespectful on this board act in a completely different manner than in real life.

(I'm not saying you're one of them as I've never met you in real life), I'm just saying.

It's basic manners to me.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin

There's a saying in life. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. If you choose to do otherwise, I have certain words that I have in mind to describe that behavior, but it's certainly not respectful.
Good thing FT disagrees with your anti democratic view. But what is highly ironic, is such democracy allows you to freely express that view, while you would not want to extend the same freedoms to others.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence

Don't attack the messenger. @:-)

I think you have an incredible difficult time discerning between criticism attacking your ideas (which is the case). Than the person (which you seem to construe when you find your ideas difficult to defend).

Coincidentally, the Bens had a similar problem.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:04 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Never ever talk down to one's customers.
I do know that the Bens really tried to go above and beyond for a FTer who constantly berated them. If it were me, I would have told that customer to go.....themself. While you bring up Virgin, need I remind you, bashing Air Canada is a national sport - from FT to the papers to real life.

In my humble opinion, it was very very rare that they talked down to one's customers. You are, obviously, entitled to your beliefs, but in my opinion, for every post that Ben made, he got attacked by the same 7? or so posters.

What is it they say? Don't shoot the messenger? @:-)

If the goal of some on here was to detract value from fellow FTers by having the Bens leave, congrats, well done.

I don't think the AC staff will ever come back. Too bad for new FTers who didn't have a chance to meet them and to build a professional relationship with them outside of FT.

I remember a post on here where it was referring to FT as a place to learn how to screw the airlines. Well, with that sort of mentality, why are we surprised?
Not just any old screw.

A fun and profitable way to screw the airlines.

I like to think of it as returning the favour.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Good thing FT disagrees with your anti democratic view. But what is highly ironic, is such democracy allows you to freely express that view, while you would not want to extend the same freedoms to others.
Anti-democratic?

If anyone has an issue with something AC rolls out, it is well within their prerogative to share that feeling of discontent. There is no reason to be rude though.

"Hey Ben, that change sucked. You suck, AC sucks, and you should be fired. Oh and please get the hell out of my board with your AC propaganda".

That's rude.

Alternatively, one can simply say "Hey Ben, that change sucked and it pisses me off."

See the difference? This thread has caused me to roll my eyes so many times.

Anyways, agree to disagree?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite

I think you have an incredible difficult time discerning between criticism attacking your ideas (which is the case). Than the person (which you seem to construe when you find your ideas difficult to defend).

Coincidentally, the Bens had a similar problem.
Ben was personally attacked. I believe we all agree that it is okay to argue or debate ideas. That is healthy. There were people attacking Ben's integrity and stating that he should be fired. Those comments don't reasonably appear to qualify as healthy debate.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
No, it was brought up by extremely angry penguin who asserted (and supported)the paternalistic, parochial,notion that no negative comments about anything AC related should be allowed on flyertalk.
here fixed that for you
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
Ben was personally attacked.
There are 11 types of people on FT.

Those who appreciated Ben.
Those who think Ben is a lying corporate shill.
Those who understand binary.

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 13, 2015 at 9:23 pm
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:18 pm

FT is

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Dec 14, 2015 at 10:25 am Reason: censorship
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
That way all the folks flying on AC can have the benefit of issues' resolutions rather than a privileged view that post here.
If one treats them with respect....
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:48 pm

If one treats them with respect....

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Dec 14, 2015 at 10:26 am Reason: censorship
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I love how at Dos, those that are disrespectful on this board act in a completely different manner than in real life.
I love how when there's a slight infraction of the rules, FTers seem thrilled to report each others' infringing content to the mods.

In my case, it's an apparently-unpopular habit of posting TV-friendly words blacked out with asterisks, but several FT regulars have been getting this for several reasons.

Meanwhile, people who have friendly disagreements at DOs, grinning the whole time, once back online, swiftly return to "your ignorance is stunning, and you smell terrible too".

To bring us back on-topic, I guess my point here is, why would AC representatives bother spending time with a group of people who seem to get along great in real life but seem to enjoy tearing each other to shreds online?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:00 am
Formerly known as tireman77

FT is a social media. Don't kid ourselves, their presence here was never to socialize with us but was rather part of the calculated business benefit to the company. And that is fine, but I still believe their contribution should be evident in the company's customer service processes. That way all the folks flying on AC can have the benefit of issues' resolutions rather than a privileged view that post here.
Bolding mine.

I disagree. This is not a form of media. Media is a form of collective broadcasting of information. From dictonary.com: the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely:

This is basically a virtual public meeting place, like a bar or park square, where people collect to discuss.

Their inclusion is not welcomed by a bunch of people who do not want them here. And thus, thus cannot be a part of a customer service process. One cannot choose to apply a method when convient.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:09 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Respect is earned not mandated. If customer service was to par, customers would spread the news on all forums and social media.
Respect is something that must given and one can only hope to have it returned. If everyone just sits around and not respect anybody until they have earned one's respect, it would be strange.

On a related note, contrary to many peoples' beliefs, customers do not have an inherent respect from a company just because they have purchased a product/service. The purchase gives the customer a basic level of service and pleasantness. If the customer does not respect the company, then why would the company reciprocate?

Maybe a bunch of people should consider that when they are not getting service to their liking? Ask yourselves: Am I respecting the person who is providing this service?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PLeblond
Bolding mine.

I disagree. This is not a form of media. Media is a form of collective broadcasting of information. From dictonary.com: the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely:
Some of us are living in Web 2.0. (or higher)

Social media are computer-mediated tools that allow people to create, share, or exchange information, career interests, ideas, and pictures/videos in virtual communities and networks.

Welcome to the world where the customer is Queen. And legacy organizations are no longer in control.

Last edited by kwflyer; Dec 14, 2015 at 9:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.