Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by PLeblond
So: I think we need a list of everyone who was harmed by this, on a personal level. I will then get Ben S. himself to meet you all and give you a BIIIIGGG Hug. Stroke your hair, and wisper: "There, there... we love you as a customer." I'll even supply the tissues.

Shall someone create a wiki for the list? And times and dates in major airports (YVR, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YHZ) for Ben S. to greet you there? I feel the healing already!!!!!
Now THAT'S the kind of New AC Presence on FT that we all want!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: E50K
... And times and dates in major airports (YVR, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YHZ) for Ben S. to greet you there?
What? Not YYJ? This proves that AC hates YYJ!! No, wait, this proves that AC hates all people who use YYJ!! I am offended!!!! (I feel a new thread coming on.)
Old Dec 11, 2015, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

While 'tis the season to give let's please not be so freely giving of rhetoric on this topic and politely agree to disagree.

tcook052
AC forum moderator
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: SE, tdaero, amexaero
What would be the new rules of the game to make ac participation (and fters) be win-win? Maybe its impossible and there is no zone of agreement. But if there were and we had them, that would be an achievement.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jessee Paa
What would be the new rules of the game to make ac participation (and fters) be win-win? Maybe its impossible and there is no zone of agreement. But if there were and we had them, that would be an achievement.
Here's my proposal:

1) If a FTer has nothing nice to say, then just like in real life, don't say it.
2) If one doesn't want to engage with the Bens, don't.
3) Treat others like one would treat others in real life.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Here's my proposal:

1) If a FTer has nothing nice to say, then just like in real life, don't say it.
Unfortunately SAP, point 3 is excellent in principle but often maligned in practice.

As long as AC makes clear the requirements, which is not often the case, then no beef and point 1 or 2 applies. But some cannot help themselves but be difficult when AC is fallible like all of us, and then apply 3 with malignancy.

We all have our share of beefs, and hopefully this Forum can share some wisdom on how best to proceed.

And my thanks to many who posted this August that helped deal with an IDB, which resulted in a settlement that AC and spouse and I agreed to - so beef resolved and we move on.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Here's my proposal:

I'm ok with those rules ... but I'd propose something even simpler:

1) Avoid Getting Personal

You could agree or disagree with AC's policies to your hearts content ... but keep the discussion on the policies, not the posters.

If {someone} announces that AC has changed it's boarding process to run from shortest to tallest passengers ... then you could say you agree with the change, or say you disagree with the change, or observe that AC doesn't enforce boarding rules anyway ... but you can't accuse {someone} of lying, or being stupid, or misleading people, or hiding information, etc.

Talk about the policies, not the posters.

You know, like the FT rules say we should do anyway.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
If we are asking these things of others (note the others) why can't we ask that AC not come here to engage in marketing. If all they want is to spout platitudes and spin, they can set up their own forum. Thanks very much. If they want to be treated with respect (which is what all of SAP's rules amount to) then they need to treat us with respect. And spouting bull--it and call it a rose is not that. Somebody somewhere up thread said something about having to run your own business to not tolerate this. Actually, all you need to be is an adult. Don't lie to me. Don't say "certain routes on certain dates" when you know darn well that for some routes it is all dates that are excluded (from IKK). So if they don't want to have a minimum level of respect, to engage us as intelligent adults, then don't show up and they won't be missed. If I want to read press releases, I can go to aircanada.com and do that all day long. This ain't that.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ridefar
If we are asking these things of others (note the others) why can't we ask that AC not come here to engage in marketing. If all they want is to spout platitudes and spin.
So perhaps then here is my question. I believe it is safe to say that there are two groups of AC FlyerTalkers. Ones who believe that AC was here to spin stuff (and to be fair, I completely respect that opinion). There are also those that really got value from certain things they said (yes I agree the IKK thing was a bit over the top).

But can we really not have a forum where if one wants to engage/learn from the Bens that they click on one or two threads and if one believes that all the Bens do is spin/market/lie then to simply ignore the thread?

Win win for everyone right?

For example, the Mini RTW thread doesn't excite me at all to read, so I don't read it.

Now when Ben was going around responding to different threads - well perhaps then he should not have done that, but if he sticks to one or two threads, is that an OK compromise?

Sorta like TV. I hate the sports channels, so I don't watch them.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:47 pm

Sorta like TV. I hate the sports channels, so I don't watch them.
If that was as simple as you say, then why do you read posters that think differently from you? If you hate what they say, don't read it, assume its a part of MRTW.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
If that was as simple as you say, then why do you read posters that think differently from you? If you hate what they say, don't read it, assume its a part of MRTW.
Ok, perhaps I should have put that better. If it's a thread that doesn't interest me, I ignore it all together. (So if one thinks the Bens are full of crap, don't read the threads).

If it's a thread that moderately interests me, I'll read it. Because I don't use the ignore function, I'll read every post in that thread, but if I get a reply that causes me to go , I don't reply to that poster.

I don't think it's rocket science, personally.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
AC gets all they need (however minuscule its actual value is) by simply lurking. Lower level people can easy do that and report periodically.

There is near-zero incentive for them to participate. The ROI on their time and energy for participating is almost zero.

If an FT poster believes their interaction with AC officials would actually lead to any concrete changes within AC, please stop humouring yourself and come back to the real world.

AC's participation was only beneficial to us. Or at least to those who wanted to hear it. Unfortunately, those who didn't want to hear the message or did not like the message, or did not like the tone in which the message was delivered chose to act out. Next time, please insert fingers into ears and sing LA LA LA
I disagree with your last paragraph. I direct you to the issue of baggage delivery at YYZ and YUL. Do you really believe that the company officer's response on the poor quality of service was honest and anything but misleading and insincere? Who did he think he was fooling? I know that others were rather irritated. We've all experienced the hour wait at Pearson for Air Canada baggage, and here this fellow comes to tell us that we imagined it, that everything is fine.

Do you want me to be more specific? I never confronted these Air Canada spokespeople because they were nobodies, not worth my time. Oh sure they had fancy titles, but they were essentially service providers who were unable to provide the most basic of services. The more I read this thread, the angrier I become. What we have here is Air Canada selling a product that is mediocre at best and presenting it as some sort of high end product. It is not. The airline offers crap quality and IMO has a pathetic on time arrival performance. Maybe you and others believe it is worth the inflated airfares. That is your right.

There's a reason why some FTers are relatively well off.They don't give a flying F about status and do not pay y$7500+ for a ticket to BKK or Sin or HKG in on an airline that treats them like crap when they can fly on an airline that treats them like a valued customer and offers a decent fare much less bloated.

Some people are easily conned and manipulated. Stroke their egos, offer some praise, perhaps give some cheap gifts and they are convinced.

Last edited by Transpacificflyer; Dec 11, 2015 at 10:53 pm
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:36 pm

I don't think it's rocket science, personally.
It must be to you, as you keep reading and responding to posts considered by you to be meaningless or not interesting. Subjects in this thread are long gone and how many posts you have made? Not only you, others are posting their words of wisdom as well yet blasting non conformists to their ideas on the subject matter.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: SE, tdaero, amexaero
Here are cty of guelph rules of engagement:

As a rule, the City DOES REPLY to online questions and comments if:
• the post is respectful and asks a direct question about a City program or policy
• the post includes factually inaccurate information – the City can provide factually
correct information to the user
As a rule, the City DOES NOT reply to online questions and comments if:
• the post includes respectful statements of opinion – people are welcome to respectfully disagree
• the post is directed at other participants in the conversation
• the post does not comply with the City’s social media guidelines

http://www.redbrick.ca/assets/file/r...versations.pdf
Old Dec 12, 2015, 6:09 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I disagree with your last paragraph. I direct you to the issue of baggage delivery at YYZ and YUL. Do you really believe that the company officer's response on the poor quality of service was honest and anything but misleading and insincere? Who did he think he was fooling? I know that others were rather irritated. We've all experienced the hour wait at Pearson for Air Canada baggage, and here this fellow comes to tell us that we imagined it, that everything is fine.

Do you want me to be more specific? I never confronted these Air Canada spokespeople because they were nobodies, not worth my time. Oh sure they had fancy titles, but they were essentially service providers who were unable to provide the most basic of services. The more I read this thread, the angrier I become. What we have here is Air Canada selling a product that is mediocre at best and presenting it as some sort of high end product. It is not. The airline offers crap quality and IMO has a pathetic on time arrival performance. Maybe you and others believe it is worth the inflated airfares. That is your right.

There's a reason why some FTers are relatively well off.They don't give a flying F about status and do not pay y$7500+ for a ticket to BKK or Sin or HKG in on an airline that treats them like crap when they can fly on an airline that treats them like a valued customer and offers a decent fare much less bloated.

Some people are easily conned and manipulated. Stroke their egos, offer some praise, perhaps give some cheap gifts and they are convinced.
I respect your opinions, but I am not sure that I understand the link between your statements and mine. In essence, my post was: Don't kill the messenger. You did not like the message, that is fine, I respect that.

If you do not believe what a company official posted under their real names, on a public forum then that is your prerogative. I think that is utterly misguided, but you still have the right to not believe it.

If to you they were nobodies who were not worth your time, then by all means, stay away from the thread, just like I stay away from 75% of the threads here.

On my end, I can't afford a $7500 ticket to Asia (or anywhere for that matter) so I can't really comment with anything valuable on that end.

Last edited by PLeblond; Dec 12, 2015 at 6:09 am Reason: typos...again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.