Wiki Posts
Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by RCyyz
The Starwood lurkers maintain a respectful presence and engage customers while gently reminding them of the various rules and procedures of Starwood. The online AC attitude however is quite different.
You can not compare Starwood to AC or any airline. Airlines own there properties/assets, were Starwood does not. Because of this, Starwood has a different rules they have to follow, if not the hotels owner may drop them.

Originally Posted by Allvest
You are dead wrong. I see no unreasonably entitled customers on this board. Only passionately engaged fans, some of whom have strayed a bit out of frustration but are still engaged.

AC may believe your false impressions at their own peril.

AC is ignoring some very high powered social media advice here and insulting the absolute creme de la creme of their fan club. All of us, AC "advocates" and AC "haters" are here because we have an emotional attachment to the AC brand. This is something money just can't buy and as pointed out far more eloquently than I could by other posters, it is a huge and stupid waste of an opportunity for AC to act in such a childish and unprofessional way on this board. The sad thing is that the two biggest culprits are the two Bens while other AC employees here are far more engaging, friendly, patient and non combative than their top bosses.

Heck, I have been with AC longer than most executives there.

It confirms to me that AC is broken and rotten from the head and that the executives in charge of filling their own and the pockets of their shareholders above all are those whose heads eventually must roll. They are financial heroes now but we all know that executives will bail at the slightest uncomfortable opportunity or when their bonuses just don't seem to match their expectations anymore. I have no moral duty to respect people like that, especially when I am spending a great deal of money and time on AC while being insulted by their online presenters. I place 90 percent of the blame on Ben S whom I respect 0.0000001 percent as much as he gives importance to this forum. The whole VP suite at AC seems to be bloaded and inefficient, incapable and unworthy. That and the fact there are way too many of them.
This board has many members with entitlement issues. It also seems that low level AC staff also has entitlement issues too.

Originally Posted by Allvest
I don't know to be honest. But I do believe that AC would be lucky to be considered 10th percentile of well managed and ethical companies
Most business people in the know, believe AC upper management are some of the best in the airline world. I don't understand were you get your info from. Sound like you have issues of employment.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 4, 2015 at 1:04 pm Reason: merge separate posts
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Most business people in the know, believe AC upper management are some of the best in the airline world. I don't understand were you get your info from. Sound like you have issues of employment.
Best and ethical are more or less orthogonal.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We definitely have differences of opinion in how messages are sent and received. Why would anyone listen to this divided group? We are too caught up in berating/praising those that can effect change. We need to get our eye back on the ball and collectively work towards common goals that help us in our travels.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:15 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Am I the only one who reads threads like this and the voice in my head is this?:

Its seems to be getting worse than C-Span around here. I yearn for something fresh and insightful.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:21 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by acysb87
We definitely have differences of opinion in how messages are sent and received. Why would anyone listen to this divided group? We are too caught up in berating/praising those that can effect change. We need to get our eye back on the ball and collectively work towards common goals that help us in our travels.
Here is an interesting litmus test that seems to demonstrate that its probably impossible:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...er-tasted.html

73 posts and people are divided on the brand of water to be served on a flight. Everyone here has their own agenda and mostly refuse to conceded anyone else's. Why on earth would a company use this pool of thought to make improvements to their company?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Hello again
AC did not slash "benefits". They were/are privileges that were used to keep market share. The more successful they became the less they need to give things away.
Must say that it was much nicer when they called them "benefits" instead of "privileges"...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-benefits.html

The negative comments are based on the fact people lost what was free or easily obtained. Nothing more nothing less.
Nothing was "free" - you earned status by paying to fly.

Are you surprised that people complain when "privileges" they used to enjoy are systematically taken away?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:12 pm

+1
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Indeed.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:58 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by J. Leslie
I voted for Ben...
Like the poll, I think you missed the mark.

I fully expected that the vast majority of forum participants would prefer (and appreciate) direct "unfettered" information. I know I do. The real problem seems to be the "two way street" issue.

It seems that many of the discussions take a form similar to:

Airline: We are cancelling the upgrade program.
FlyerTalk: That sucks!
Airline: Well fine, if you don't like what I'm saying I won't say anymore.

Had I seen such an exchange I would have been very grateful for the information. But I would be very unhappy about the contents of that "information." And would likely express my thoughts about it, in a direct and "unfettered" fashion.

As I noted previously the problem doesn't seem so much to be the direct unedited information from the airline, but rather the direct unedited responses to that information.

----------------

As far as effecting or even forcing an airline to make changes, clearly it is possible for a single person to "force" an airline to make changes as Gabor Lukacs has using the courts.

But it is also possible for a single person to "effect" major changes by an airline simply by strongly motivating them to, as I have done on occasion. A single post made almost 15 years ago eventually caused 3 major North American airlines, including Air Canada, to make wholesale changes to their fare rules. A few years later another post I made caused Aeroplan to make a significant change in their IT. (I don't recall if Air Canada and Aeroplan had bifurcated at that point.)

So for the fun of it, let's see if that can happen again. Look for a post about a Most Helpful Device, coming soon to a FlyerTalk forum near you.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Like the poll, I think you missed the mark.

It seems that many of the discussions take a form similar to:

Airline: We are cancelling the upgrade program.
FlyerTalk: That sucks!
Airline: Well fine, if you don't like what I'm saying I won't say anymore.
Had the sort of discourse (in bold) actually taken place I think there would still be some level of active participation by AC representatives here.

The "That sucks!" comment seems have been more along the line of:
  • Flyertalk: You (person & AC) suck, you don't know how to run a business, you're just a complete and utter failure and flat out liar.

When there's that sort of twattle being spewn towards someone, I don't blame them for taking the stance of "Well fine, if you don't like what I'm saying I won't say anymore.

I sure as hell would leave here, well, I kind of already have, this place feels more and more like a bad dream version of "Ground Hog Day" *sigh*

As far as effecting or even forcing an airline to make changes, clearly it is possible for a single person to "force" an airline to make changes as Gabor Lukacs has using the courts.
The people here who feel the need to spew crap at AC personnel are more than free to go through the court system. I suspect effecting change is not their real motivation here, they just like the ability to anonymously thrash and borderline harass certain AC personnel.

But it is also possible for a single person to "effect" major changes by an airline simply by strongly motivating them to, as I have done on occasion. A single post made almost 15 years ago eventually caused 3 major North American airlines, including Air Canada, to make wholesale changes to their fare rules. A few years later another post I made caused Aeroplan to make a significant change in their IT. (I don't recall if Air Canada and Aeroplan had bifurcated at that point.)
The aviation business landscape of today is nowhere near what the business landscape was 15 years ago. What worked 15 years ago will not work today.

----------------

I'm still completely flummoxed as to why individuals that claim to be so dissatisfied with the way AC conducts its business yet they still show their support for that very same business model by flying on AC.

So for the fun of it, let's see if that can happen again. Look for a post about a Most Helpful Device, coming soon to a FlyerTalk forum near you.
One can only hope - but I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Personally, I don't think AC is doing enough to fire some of their worst customers.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by PLeblond
73 posts and people are divided on the brand of water to be served on a flight. Everyone here has their own agenda and mostly refuse to conceded anyone else's. Why on earth would a company use this pool of thought to make improvements to their company?
Hey, that was my thread!

I will say that Naya water is at Dollarama. I rest my case
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Why on earth would a company use this pool of thought to make improvements to their company?
Is AC actually interested in improvements? Looks like they just want a bonus cheque/check.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:15 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
This board was good when the AC goodies were free. After that it went downhill in a hand basket.
AC did not slash "benefits". They were/are privileges that were used to keep market share. The more successful they became the less they need to give things away.
The pods are great personal space seats.
I have flown over 160K miles this year so far and the J cabin has always been as advertised to me.
The negative comments are based on the fact people lost what was free or easily obtained. Nothing more nothing less.

I too was used to the freebies but life changes and it now costs me a lot more to fly in the comfort I want. That has happened to almost every airline out there.
Must be comforting to live a life where you think your opinion is the only one that matters and is the correct one. Unfortunately, your opinion of AC (and most other opinions you have) are diametrically opposed to mine. I am consistently underwhelmed by AC service when I have no other choice to fly them. Compared to the LO J crew (just my most recent flight and an airline that AC should be able to beat given their delusions of grandeur) I experienced just last week, they come up completely short in most areas (service, attitude, seat, catering,etc.) However, I don't have the ego to think that my opinion is the only one that matters. It would be great if you would respect that as well instead of judging people because they don't agree with you. Just like when you were explaining high availability enterprise IT architecture to us a few weeks ago. Get over yourself.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G
Originally Posted by why fly
Is AC actually interested in improvements? Looks like they just want a bonus cheque/check.
Of course they do. That's how they can increase the size of their bonus. Wasn't that obvious?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by jaysona
I'm still completely flummoxed as to why individuals that claim to be so dissatisfied with the way AC conducts its business yet they still show their support for that very same business model by flying on AC.
Simple. 1 of 2 reasons.

1) Too much time on hands
2) Sausage size inadequacy

I don't recall ever participating on any online forum where some people who sincerely dislike a company continues to post on the online forum that is talking about that company. It perplexes me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.