Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Stiff
I have canceled check-in now twice to see if anything can change not getting pre-check. Still not showing up. I have to think it's something to do with the info added. And yes, as noted, it makes a difference. SAN security is a slow process without precheck.
Might I suggest going to the check in counter and asking them to add it. They seem to know which fields to use to get it added.
I tend to always get TSA Pre when I check in on line on AC.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
I tried a number of times as well. The concierge tried. AC simply has a broken connection to CBP. Other airlines work so it is not the CBP.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:14 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
I tried a number of times as well. The concierge tried. AC simply has a broken connection to CBP. Other airlines work so it is not the CBP.
Perhaps you've been flagged for some reason?

(And it's a TSA system, not CBP)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Not flagged for any reason. TSA, Concierge, gate agents all said all passengers affected.

And no one from AC will admit it or apologize.

Hence I am flying DL next week. Can't trust AC's IT.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I usually add passport/nexus (known traveler number) information it on-line.

I have flown maybe half-dozen times to USA this calendar year.
Got SSSS once while going via YYZ to USA (coming back that trip-I got TSA recheck).

Second last time, I went to PHL - came back, no TSA precheck.
Today, came back from MCO - got TSA precheck.

Generally fly AC transborder.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Now that I have linked my Aeroplan account with the AC app, it stores my Nexus info. So all I have do to checkin is click on the reminder on the app home page, enter my US hotel address, change seats if reqd and bingo. Also offered me the option of eupg and LMU.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
No pre-check showing

Hi my brother and I are both flying tmw from LAX-YVR on separate reservations our KTN was inputted but when we both checked in we didnt get the TSA precheck. I called in she said its normal that TSA can reject it but I mean its never happened to me since PreCheck started in 2013 (with other airlines) and for it to not be on my brothers ticket which is on a separate reservation as well leads me to believe that something is wrong with AC side instead of TSA coincidentally rejected both of us. any thoughts on my rant/concern lol
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Cancel your check-in.

Go into the reservation details, and clear all data from APIS.

Check in again, entering your KTN.

This has always worked for me.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
Hi my brother and I are both flying tmw from LAX-YVR on separate reservations our KTN was inputted but when we both checked in we didnt get the TSA precheck. I called in she said its normal that TSA can reject it but I mean its never happened to me since PreCheck started in 2013 (with other airlines) and for it to not be on my brothers ticket which is on a separate reservation as well leads me to believe that something is wrong with AC side instead of TSA coincidentally rejected both of us. any thoughts on my rant/concern lol
There is an issue with AC's systems (and procedures). PreChek is connected with your Nexus card number. Air Canada's systems won't save your NEXUS or passport information for future flights (a big inconvenience), meaning you have to manually enter it each time. If you use your passport, you don't get Pre Check. If you use your Nexus and then hand over your passport at check-in, this seems to override the information and you don't get PreCheck.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drgmobile
There is an issue with AC's systems (and procedures). PreChek is connected with your Nexus card number. Air Canada's systems won't save your NEXUS or passport information for future flights (a big inconvenience), meaning you have to manually enter it each time. If you use your passport, you don't get Pre Check. If you use your Nexus and then hand over your passport at check-in, this seems to override the information and you don't get PreCheck.
That does not seem right. True that AC does not save passport/Nexus information between reservations (it does between flights on same booking).

However, although I have nexus, I never enter it when checking in, but I only provide my passport info, it appears the system knows I qualify for global entry. Likewise TSA Pre does show up on my BP.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
My experience has been quite different. I have always used my passport to check in with AC, I always hand over the passport at the counter/gate for document check. The Nexus card number goes in the KTN field at the time of booking, and I've never missed Pre-Check yet with AC (knock on wood).
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Ya, that isn't true

I usually use my passport for check in and always get PreCheck. I add my Nexus ID number to the advanced passenger info portal on the website. Seems to stick
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by YEGTigger
My experience has been quite different. I have always used my passport to check in with AC, I always hand over the passport at the counter/gate for document check. The Nexus card number goes in the KTN field at the time of booking, and I've never missed Pre-Check yet with AC (knock on wood).
Similar. I've noticed that every time I've specifically put my my Nexus as KTN (not as primary travel document), Pre check works.

Once I didn't get precheck, and I went back in OLCI and specifically added Nexus to KTN and primary travel document, and it spat a new BP with pre check.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
KTN is what makes you eligible for Pre not check-in with NEXUS. You can check-in with passport and enter GE into KTN and will get Pre unless DHS determines otherwise.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:09 am

turns out LGA's TSA PreCheck for AC gates close at 7pm-ish?

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I've always found both BOS and LGA TSA Pre lines interesting. Especially when they used to give out those little Pre 'tickets' that look something printed at Kinkos for the Boy Scouts.

Luckily, I have avoided both of those fine airports for over a year now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.