Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New PE fare classes are out!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by TemboOne
Thanks Clipper801,

I wasn't aware of the Rubella situation. We're 73 and 68 and have both had German measles as kids. Not sure if we were ever vaccinated for it though.

We're still refining our journey but will leave early October, spend a week at Shin-Yokohama followed by five days each in Osaka and Hiroshima, maybe a day in Nagasaki for research, ending with a week in Yokohama's Minato Mirai waterfront (our old stomping grounds ). We'll be visiting friends with kids under 12 and including a newborn and so will have to keep an eye on the Rubella outbreak lest we pick it up and carry it to them.

Thanks again.
Sorry for wandering OT, talk to your GP and you can find out your immunity by way of a blood test. There is safe and effective vaccine for Rubella and Health Canada recommends Rubella immunization regardless of travel destination. Personally, I always go to a travel clinic to review my itinerary and suggested vaccinations before each longer trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.