FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New PE fare classes are out! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1551918-new-pe-fare-classes-out.html)

gabdusch Feb 14, 2014 1:00 pm

New PE fare classes are out!

I just logged in my eUpgrade account and noticed this:

http://i.imgur.com/9JdsMzA.png

So, O fares have the same eUpgrade requirements as Latitude now. E, N become discounted (I assume) PE fares and have the same requirements as Flex.

I was able to confirm all my upgrades on my trip to HKG next week since I booked O class when that was the only one available.

Curious about the accrual rules (and price!) for these...

gabdusch Feb 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Seems only SEs will be able to upgrade E,N fares according to eUp website.

Jasper2009 Feb 14, 2014 1:12 pm

And the reason why FTers have been booking PE fares has mostly been elimintated...

Requiring the same amount of upgrade credits for E and N fares as for Flex fares doesnīt exactly encourage FFers to buy PE fares - itīs not as if PE fares are particularly cheap, though I guess it makes some sense when comparing the discounted PE fares on TPAC routes with the over-inflated Flex fares on TATL routes.

In any case I doubt many pax will buy fully-flexible PE fares (O).

gabdusch Feb 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 22349681)
In any case I doubt many pax will buy fully-flexible PE fares (O).

Agreed...Although it will be interesting to see where O will be positioned relative to Y and B. Not sure what the advantage of O will be over Y/B if O is indeed fully flexible PE?

It seems the fares have not been loaded in the res system yet.

Jasper2009 Feb 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22349710)
Agreed...Although it will be interesting to see where O will be positioned relative to Y and B. Not sure what the advantage of O will be over Y/B if O is indeed fully flexible PE?

It seems the fares have not been loaded in the res system yet.

If I had to guess Iīd say most markets will have at least two different O fares:

- one fully-refundable O fare which requires a return trip (and possibly min. stay / Sat. night) and
- one fully-refundable O fare which can be used for one-way bookings (no restrictions whatsoever)

The former would likely be priced somewhere between B and Y while the latter would be priced above Y.

somedude3210 Feb 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Given that only O is being sold right now, and O is instantly upgradeable, could book some cheap J fares right now and not need a whole lot of eupgrade credits.

aircanada_loyal Feb 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Q: From Mar 1, can E50K and E75K upgrade 'O' and 'B' fares using their e-upgrade credits, without paying $500/$750?

somedude3210 Feb 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal (Post 22349826)
Q: From Mar 1, can E50K and E75K upgrade 'O' and 'B' fares using their e-upgrade credits, without paying $500/$750?

I think PE fares are exempt from the co-pay.

Lllahim Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks OP, just upgraded all my flights for HKG and CDG. Got those single seats everywhere.

Tractor Boy Feb 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22349635)
Seems only SEs will be able to upgrade E,N fares according to eUp website.

I know that AC really doesn't like E75s / E50s but they seem to be taking it to extremes if this is the case.

So an E75 will be able to upgrade a Flex fare (with the crazy $750 co-pay of course) but not a PE fare booked in E or N?

The Lev Feb 14, 2014 2:47 pm

I'm guessing that the current fares will be the "new normal" for E,N and we'll be seeing much higher O fares shortly. Time to book your affordable O fares while you still can!

okazon69 Feb 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22349618)
I was able to confirm all my upgrades on my trip to HKG next week since I booked O class when that was the only one available.

Nice! Thank you gabdusch! I was also able to confirm an upgrade later in the spring. :D

Now let's just wait for AC to change all the rules on us, re-map an O booking to something else, the eUps not to work properly, to have to call in, etc., etc. Noooo, that would never happen. :rolleyes:

Yul_voyager Feb 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tractor Boy (Post 22350115)
I know that AC really doesn't like E75s / E50s but they seem to be taking it to extremes if this is the case.

So an E75 will be able to upgrade a Flex fare (with the crazy $750 co-pay of course) but not a PE fare booked in E or N?

Agree. I was expecting the E75 and E50 to have to pay for the co-pay on the E and N fare, but not be able to upgrade at all is a first one...

rehoult Feb 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Doing a little happy dance here. 3 TATL tickets booked and cleared today, with a bunch more to go!

Jasper2009 Feb 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult (Post 22350504)
Doing a little happy dance here. 3 TATL tickets booked and cleared today, with a bunch more to go!

Are there any good TATL PE fares out there?