FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New PE fare classes are out! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1551918-new-pe-fare-classes-out.html)

HometoYYZ Feb 18, 2014 6:52 am

Originally Posted by yqtyyz (Post 22369443)
Folks, make sure you click the "flexible" option under PE as well. In some cases it's still CHEAPER than the "lowest" PE option. :eek:

You'll save upgrade credits AND money.

QFT. Looks like everything hasn't been fully switched over yet, but here's a sign of things to come.

YYZ-YVR-HKG-YVR-YYZ in "lowest" PE -- $2,639
Same flights, same dates in "flexible" PE -- $2,094.

If that's a sign of what's to come with the new "lowest" PE fares, I can't wait to see what O is going to look like once the enhancement is finished.

YYZ7464 Feb 18, 2014 6:57 am

$2,094 for "flexible" PE is a special. Has to be ticketed before Feb. 18, 2014 for travel until May 24, 2014 (departure). Under fare rules. So the "flexible" PE would be more tomorrow.

Argonaut1000 Feb 18, 2014 7:50 am

So it appears that "O" fares are still cheaper than many "E" and "N" fares YVR-HKG. They still have chargeable change fees too in the fare rules.

yqtyyz Feb 18, 2014 8:29 am

Yeah, I found the same fares you noted just by clicking around. Everyone's fares will vary, of course, based on time and dates. Not looking forward to full implementation.

Jump in today, if you can. Booked a couple of TPACs on the beast for which I would have avoided otherwise. Paid $2094 each trip, and used 16*2 credits in total.

Lots of R space on the flights I searched from YVR-HKG. As some have predicted, people are likely avoiding the HDs.

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ (Post 22369604)
QFT. Looks like everything hasn't been fully switched over yet, but here's a sign of things to come.

If that's a sign of what's to come with the new "lowest" PE fares, I can't wait to see what O is going to look like once the enhancement is finished.

canadiancow Feb 18, 2014 10:26 am

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ (Post 22369604)

I can't possibly imagine O not being a fair bit more than Y. It's all the same flexibility and upgradeability, but you're in a better cabin.

Until now, O was often within 10% of cheap Flex, and cheaper than higher Flex fares, which is just insane.

Air Canada Altitude Feb 18, 2014 11:00 am

Just a point of clarification, as we're in the midst of updating our systems:
  • All Altitude members will be eligible to upgrade Premium Economy Lowest fares for travel within North America, including to Sun destinations (where available).
  • Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 50K and Elite 75K members will be eligible to upgrade Premium Economy Lowest fares for longhaul international flights featuring our International Business Class service. As previously mentioned, an eUpgrade Add-on will apply to Elite 75K and Elite 50K members.
Details about how eUpgrade Credits are calculated are available here.

gabdusch Feb 18, 2014 11:07 am

Curious if the co-pay from PE Lowest fares will be different than from Flex?

winnipegrev Feb 18, 2014 11:11 am

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22371125)
Curious if the co-pay from PE Lowest fares will be different than from Flex?

They aren't.

https://www.aircanada.com/en/aeropla...e/add-ons.html

The Lev Feb 18, 2014 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude (Post 22371092)
Just a point of clarification, as we're in the midst of updating our systems:
  • All Altitude members will be eligible to upgrade Premium Economy Lowest fares for travel within North America, including to Sun destinations (where available).
  • Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 50K and Elite 75K members will be eligible to upgrade Premium Economy Lowest fares for longhaul international flights featuring our International Business Class service. As previously mentioned, an eUpgrade Add-on will apply to Elite 75K and Elite 50K members.
Details about how eUpgrade Credits are calculated are available here.

I'm assuming there is no Add-on for E50/75 buying "O" fare class. I booked WifeLev to LHR this summer and got her confirmed upgrades there and back (using her eUpgrades as an E50) and there was no request for co-pay.

edited to add: (confirmed by link supplied by winnipegrev)

Buy your O fares now before they go through the roof.

winnipegrev Feb 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev (Post 22371454)
I'm assuming there is no Add-on for E50/75 buying "O" fare class. I booked WifeLev to LHR this summer and got her confirmed upgrades there and back (using her eUpgrades as an E50) and there was no request for co-pay.

Correct, O will not have any co-pay for E50 E75 S100. The only PE fares getting co-pay are E and N.

yul36 Feb 18, 2014 1:58 pm

What I am not surprised with is the greed factor. So we are asked to pay more than felx for E and N, but have the same co-pays. I have all but given up on AC if I end up as Prestige, that will be a fluke. UA will get the bulk of my spend. I have weighed the programs and for me theirs is way ahead. I always fly W fares on UA, and they are always between tango and Flex on AC. There's always the ability to status match to DL or AA with status in an other U-S program.

FlyerTalker683455 Feb 18, 2014 2:11 pm

PE "mistake fares"?

In April, the prices for PE "lowest" and "flexible" seem to be reversed.

When choosing "flexible", it went up to the O fare, but the price reduced by about $700 (this is on YYZ/HKG segments).

Good luck....

yul36 Feb 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest (Post 22372398)
In April, the prices for PE "lowest" and "flexible" seem to be reversed.

When choosing "flexible", it went up to the O fare, but the price reduced by about $700 (this is on YYZ/HKG segments).

Good luck....

Good luck, because now that you pointed it out it will be corrected.
Rule number one, don't point out their mistakes. This PE topic has already been dealt with in another thread.

kokinos Feb 18, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm getting the exact same price from yyc to hkg in april for Flex vs lowest in premium economy.

Still not to interested in flying the sardine can.

yvr76 Feb 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by yul36 (Post 22372478)
Good luck, because now that you pointed it out it will be corrected.
Rule number one, don't point out their mistakes. This PE topic has already been dealt with in another thread.

Noticed that it's already been fixed on some routes. While I agree with this advice, this was so obvious that AC definitely knew about it, and was actually in place since last Friday where you could immediately upgrade the sole PE (O) fare.

Most of us on the other PE thread did not point it out as overtly as OP.