FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   New PE fare classes are out! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1551918-new-pe-fare-classes-out.html)

gabdusch Feb 14, 2014 1:00 pm

New PE fare classes are out!

I just logged in my eUpgrade account and noticed this:

http://i.imgur.com/9JdsMzA.png

So, O fares have the same eUpgrade requirements as Latitude now. E, N become discounted (I assume) PE fares and have the same requirements as Flex.

I was able to confirm all my upgrades on my trip to HKG next week since I booked O class when that was the only one available.

Curious about the accrual rules (and price!) for these...

gabdusch Feb 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Seems only SEs will be able to upgrade E,N fares according to eUp website.

Jasper2009 Feb 14, 2014 1:12 pm

And the reason why FTers have been booking PE fares has mostly been elimintated...

Requiring the same amount of upgrade credits for E and N fares as for Flex fares doesnīt exactly encourage FFers to buy PE fares - itīs not as if PE fares are particularly cheap, though I guess it makes some sense when comparing the discounted PE fares on TPAC routes with the over-inflated Flex fares on TATL routes.

In any case I doubt many pax will buy fully-flexible PE fares (O).

gabdusch Feb 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 22349681)
In any case I doubt many pax will buy fully-flexible PE fares (O).

Agreed...Although it will be interesting to see where O will be positioned relative to Y and B. Not sure what the advantage of O will be over Y/B if O is indeed fully flexible PE?

It seems the fares have not been loaded in the res system yet.

Jasper2009 Feb 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22349710)
Agreed...Although it will be interesting to see where O will be positioned relative to Y and B. Not sure what the advantage of O will be over Y/B if O is indeed fully flexible PE?

It seems the fares have not been loaded in the res system yet.

If I had to guess Iīd say most markets will have at least two different O fares:

- one fully-refundable O fare which requires a return trip (and possibly min. stay / Sat. night) and
- one fully-refundable O fare which can be used for one-way bookings (no restrictions whatsoever)

The former would likely be priced somewhere between B and Y while the latter would be priced above Y.

somedude3210 Feb 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Given that only O is being sold right now, and O is instantly upgradeable, could book some cheap J fares right now and not need a whole lot of eupgrade credits.

aircanada_loyal Feb 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Q: From Mar 1, can E50K and E75K upgrade 'O' and 'B' fares using their e-upgrade credits, without paying $500/$750?

somedude3210 Feb 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal (Post 22349826)
Q: From Mar 1, can E50K and E75K upgrade 'O' and 'B' fares using their e-upgrade credits, without paying $500/$750?

I think PE fares are exempt from the co-pay.

Lllahim Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks OP, just upgraded all my flights for HKG and CDG. Got those single seats everywhere.

Tractor Boy Feb 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22349635)
Seems only SEs will be able to upgrade E,N fares according to eUp website.

I know that AC really doesn't like E75s / E50s but they seem to be taking it to extremes if this is the case.

So an E75 will be able to upgrade a Flex fare (with the crazy $750 co-pay of course) but not a PE fare booked in E or N?

The Lev Feb 14, 2014 2:47 pm

I'm guessing that the current fares will be the "new normal" for E,N and we'll be seeing much higher O fares shortly. Time to book your affordable O fares while you still can!

okazon69 Feb 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22349618)
I was able to confirm all my upgrades on my trip to HKG next week since I booked O class when that was the only one available.

Nice! Thank you gabdusch! I was also able to confirm an upgrade later in the spring. :D

Now let's just wait for AC to change all the rules on us, re-map an O booking to something else, the eUps not to work properly, to have to call in, etc., etc. Noooo, that would never happen. :rolleyes:

Yul_voyager Feb 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tractor Boy (Post 22350115)
I know that AC really doesn't like E75s / E50s but they seem to be taking it to extremes if this is the case.

So an E75 will be able to upgrade a Flex fare (with the crazy $750 co-pay of course) but not a PE fare booked in E or N?

Agree. I was expecting the E75 and E50 to have to pay for the co-pay on the E and N fare, but not be able to upgrade at all is a first one...

rehoult Feb 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Doing a little happy dance here. 3 TATL tickets booked and cleared today, with a bunch more to go!

Jasper2009 Feb 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult (Post 22350504)
Doing a little happy dance here. 3 TATL tickets booked and cleared today, with a bunch more to go!

Are there any good TATL PE fares out there?

rehoult Feb 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 22350528)
Are there any good TATL PE fares out there?

YYC-CDG r/t 1550 all in. 125% AQM and instant J. Yeehaw!

Edit: Stopovers allowed.

rehoult Feb 14, 2014 4:54 pm

And another TATL booked. Time for dinner, maybe more later.

canadiancow Feb 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Does this mean O is fully flexible now, like Y?

mikeyyz Feb 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 22351012)
Does this mean O is fully flexible now, like Y?

I doubt they will retroactively grant flexibility when they setup the buckets. Right now O is $300 change/$300 cancel on that YYC-CDG fare.

hydrogen Feb 14, 2014 6:24 pm

So did booking class O go up in price, or are E/N actually cheaper than booking class O?

yqtyyz Feb 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Bleh... my HND-YYZ and YYZ-ZRH-YYZ are both waitlisted, but whatever - upgrade has been requested. Thanks, OP!

Hopefully AC clears some initial upgrade requests beforehand, though.

padregusmao Feb 14, 2014 7:39 pm

So what the booking window is for O fares for E50/E75?

AC.com still says 5/6 days, but also says 7 days for SE100, so obviously not correct based on OPs post.

yvr76 Feb 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Tractor Boy (Post 22350115)

Co-pays will apply to lower PE fares:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22309654-post961.html

I would have thought that the lower PE fares would have had the same # e-credits as Flex (M), but it looks like it's the same as regular Flex fares.

rehoult Feb 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen (Post 22351150)
So did booking class O go up in price, or are E/N actually cheaper than booking class O?

O will go up in price when they start offering E & N, but they aren't offering them yet. Hence the (amazing) current situation, cheap PE tickets are booking into O so you can upgrade them right away, regardless of departure date.

gabdusch Feb 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76 (Post 22351422)
Co-pays will apply to lower PE fares:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22309654-post961.html

I would have thought that the lower PE fares would have had the same # e-credits as Flex (M), but it looks like it's the same as regular Flex fares.

Ummm, according to that post, co-pay will apply to E,N classes. But according to the eUp website, only SEs can even apply to eUp these fares.

Is this a sign of co-pay coming to SE? :confused:

canadiancow Feb 15, 2014 12:09 am

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22351600)
Ummm, according to that post, co-pay will apply to E,N classes. But according to the eUp website, only SEs can even apply to eUp these fares.

Is this a sign of co-pay coming to SE? :confused:

No, it's a sign of them only having half-implemented E and N. Which is fine, since they're not selling them yet.

yvr76 Feb 18, 2014 1:22 am

New fare classes have been introduced as of February 18, 2014:

From the e-upgrade page:

* Effective February 18, 2014, booking classes E and N will be sold under the Premium Economy (lowest) fare option and are eligible for eUpgrades. Also, booking class P is now part of the Business Class fare option.
Fare types:
http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/a...types_int.html

Fare search also shows Premium Lowest and Flexible options.

Lowest PE fares still get 125% AQM.

hydrogen Feb 18, 2014 5:51 am

Originally Posted by yvr76 (Post 22368798)
New fare classes have been introduced as of February 18, 2014:

From the e-upgrade page:

Fare types:
http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/a...types_int.html

Fare search also shows Premium Lowest and Flexible options.

Lowest PE fares still get 125% AQM.

Anyone know of any routes with valid P/E/N fares?

yqtyyz Feb 18, 2014 6:11 am

Play Around With Fares

Folks, make sure you click the "flexible" option under PE as well. In some cases it's still CHEAPER than the "lowest" PE option. :eek:

You'll save upgrade credits AND money.

HometoYYZ Feb 18, 2014 6:48 am

And in a sign of just how clear the options are, the page yvr76 links to still says "Low fares, 5 clear options," despite the fact that there are now 7 options.

HometoYYZ Feb 18, 2014 6:52 am

Originally Posted by yqtyyz (Post 22369443)
Folks, make sure you click the "flexible" option under PE as well. In some cases it's still CHEAPER than the "lowest" PE option. :eek:

You'll save upgrade credits AND money.

QFT. Looks like everything hasn't been fully switched over yet, but here's a sign of things to come.

YYZ-YVR-HKG-YVR-YYZ in "lowest" PE -- $2,639
Same flights, same dates in "flexible" PE -- $2,094.

If that's a sign of what's to come with the new "lowest" PE fares, I can't wait to see what O is going to look like once the enhancement is finished.

YYZ7464 Feb 18, 2014 6:57 am

$2,094 for "flexible" PE is a special. Has to be ticketed before Feb. 18, 2014 for travel until May 24, 2014 (departure). Under fare rules. So the "flexible" PE would be more tomorrow.

Argonaut1000 Feb 18, 2014 7:50 am

So it appears that "O" fares are still cheaper than many "E" and "N" fares YVR-HKG. They still have chargeable change fees too in the fare rules.

yqtyyz Feb 18, 2014 8:29 am

Yeah, I found the same fares you noted just by clicking around. Everyone's fares will vary, of course, based on time and dates. Not looking forward to full implementation.

Jump in today, if you can. Booked a couple of TPACs on the beast for which I would have avoided otherwise. Paid $2094 each trip, and used 16*2 credits in total.

Lots of R space on the flights I searched from YVR-HKG. As some have predicted, people are likely avoiding the HDs.

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ (Post 22369604)
QFT. Looks like everything hasn't been fully switched over yet, but here's a sign of things to come.

If that's a sign of what's to come with the new "lowest" PE fares, I can't wait to see what O is going to look like once the enhancement is finished.

canadiancow Feb 18, 2014 10:26 am

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ (Post 22369604)

I can't possibly imagine O not being a fair bit more than Y. It's all the same flexibility and upgradeability, but you're in a better cabin.

Until now, O was often within 10% of cheap Flex, and cheaper than higher Flex fares, which is just insane.

Air Canada Altitude Feb 18, 2014 11:00 am

Just a point of clarification, as we're in the midst of updating our systems:
  • All Altitude members will be eligible to upgrade Premium Economy Lowest fares for travel within North America, including to Sun destinations (where available).
  • Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 50K and Elite 75K members will be eligible to upgrade Premium Economy Lowest fares for longhaul international flights featuring our International Business Class service. As previously mentioned, an eUpgrade Add-on will apply to Elite 75K and Elite 50K members.
Details about how eUpgrade Credits are calculated are available here.

gabdusch Feb 18, 2014 11:07 am

Curious if the co-pay from PE Lowest fares will be different than from Flex?

winnipegrev Feb 18, 2014 11:11 am

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22371125)
Curious if the co-pay from PE Lowest fares will be different than from Flex?

They aren't.

https://www.aircanada.com/en/aeropla...e/add-ons.html

The Lev Feb 18, 2014 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude (Post 22371092)
Just a point of clarification, as we're in the midst of updating our systems:
  • All Altitude members will be eligible to upgrade Premium Economy Lowest fares for travel within North America, including to Sun destinations (where available).
  • Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 50K and Elite 75K members will be eligible to upgrade Premium Economy Lowest fares for longhaul international flights featuring our International Business Class service. As previously mentioned, an eUpgrade Add-on will apply to Elite 75K and Elite 50K members.
Details about how eUpgrade Credits are calculated are available here.

I'm assuming there is no Add-on for E50/75 buying "O" fare class. I booked WifeLev to LHR this summer and got her confirmed upgrades there and back (using her eUpgrades as an E50) and there was no request for co-pay.

edited to add: (confirmed by link supplied by winnipegrev)

Buy your O fares now before they go through the roof.

winnipegrev Feb 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev (Post 22371454)
I'm assuming there is no Add-on for E50/75 buying "O" fare class. I booked WifeLev to LHR this summer and got her confirmed upgrades there and back (using her eUpgrades as an E50) and there was no request for co-pay.

Correct, O will not have any co-pay for E50 E75 S100. The only PE fares getting co-pay are E and N.