Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments on 777HD HKG-YVR - EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:12 am

BTW is AC blocking those single seats in J for Altitude upper tier members only?

It seems to me that those single seats are always occupied.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Clipper801
BTW is AC blocking those single seats in J for Altitude upper tier members only?

Yes
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

As mentioned previously in this and other threads....
They look occupied on seat maps, but if you are SE and are logged in, you will see those that are open for selection.

However, as there are a limited number of them in the cabin and certain routes may have high demand for that seat, so they may not be available.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
If I recall correctly they are open on full J too.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Spot planes
Then the ovens at the back must be broken often. The 4 single journey I was on, they always bring food from the back to heat in J.

I have not been on a B77P HD for a long time. I have switched to CX for YVR-YVR J to avoid AC HD.
Are you sure they were Y meals? PE meals are served from the front. I have never seen Y meals served from the front.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:13 am
Suspended

You don't want these seats. There is no room for your feet. Great for Trans Con, but bad for over night flights.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
You don't want these seats. There is no room for your feet. Great for Trans Con, but bad for over night flights.
Depends. As someone who's of average height I definitely prefer those single seats. True, the "foot cubicle" isn't very large, but if you don't need to strech your feet to the very end of the "box" it's not bad. And the added privacy / space definitely is a bonus.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Depends. As someone who's of average height I definitely prefer those single seats. True, the "foot cubicle" isn't very large, but if you don't need to strech your feet to the very end of the "box" it's not bad. And the added privacy / space definitely is a bonus.
I would agree. I was thinking about myself, I'm 6'3".
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Yes
Originally Posted by 24left
As mentioned previously in this and other threads....
They look occupied on seat maps, but if you are SE and are logged in, you will see those that are open for selection.

However, as there are a limited number of them in the cabin and certain routes may have high demand for that seat, so they may not be available.
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
If I recall correctly they are open on full J too.
Flying Z, alone and non SE.

Thank you for the confirmation that those single seat would never be available to me. I would be much better off with the pod and that's what I booked.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Spot planes
What is "reasonable"?

In HD J, the distance between the front of the arm rest of your seat and the seat back in front of you is about 8". Worst than mainline Y. If you have the window seat, the aisle seat pax MUST get up to let you out.
"Reasonable" is I've flown it on 13 hour flights twice and 4 hour flights numerous times and I'd do it again. I'll be happy when they put in the new pods, but I have no issues flying the HD.

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Agreed on all counts. If you want to lie flat, they're the worst. If you want to sit up or just recline a bit, they're the best. Tons of workspace. Table on my left, table on my right, and tray table. Laptop, paper, and meal, all in one place.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Agreed on all counts. If you want to lie flat, they're the worst. If you want to sit up or just recline a bit, they're the best. Tons of workspace. Table on my left, table on my right, and tray table. Laptop, paper, and meal, all in one place.
Interesting enough, the box thing for your feet has never bothered me, but as those of you have met me know I'm shorter (5'9 and 3/4). BUT for some reason that I simply cannot explain (honestly) I wake up all the time in these seats, like multiple times an hour. In comparison on the 777 YYZ - YVR I can make it the whole trip without waking once, and YYZ - LHR on the 787 I can make it without waking once.

I don't have any honest theory's as to why, but it's happened so many times it's not a fluke.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:42 am
Suspended

I had the throne seat on Swiss just recently. Two flights around 7 hours. Agree, great for work, had computer and junk on one side and food on the other. Worked so much on that flight never turned on the TV screen.

Flattened out the chair a bit and realized I was in the foot box seat that everyone complains about and yes, I can see why.

The funny thing is that Swiss blocks these seats off for high level FFs in its own program so you can't select them in advance (at least with an Aeroplan ticket). On checkin day it seems like they're free to take.

It was good for me as I was choosing to work there but I'll never take that seat if I have to sleep.

I miss the days when you could get Swiss F to Asia via Aeroplan. Sigh.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I was amazed ANA loaded their 513 seater in <15 minutes this week.
The plane sure was crowded with maybe a handful of seats open. It must be ACs wet dream to break 500

How long does it take AC to board their HD?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I was amazed ANA loaded their 513 seater in <15 minutes this week.
The plane sure was crowded with maybe a handful of seats open. It must be ACs wet dream to break 500

How long does it take AC to board their HD?
At least out of YVR, they've now got it down to a fine art. I recently showed up at the gate 30 min before departure and they were all done. Full aircraft too. I thought I was in the twilight zone.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
At least out of YVR, they've now got it down to a fine art. I recently showed up at the gate 30 min before departure and they were all done. Full aircraft too. I thought I was in the twilight zone.
My last two domestic trips out of YYZ, they started boarding the HD an hour and fifteen freaking minutes before scheduled departure. This, for a three and a half hour flight.

...then again, a good half hour of that time was helping people find places for their oversize carry-ons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.