Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ MLL (Domestic) T1 shower

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by jcamp028
Are the showers generally well-kept and clean, or gross?
I used the INTL showers not that long ago, what a god send. I've never really showered in the lounges before but after working all day, then flying YYM-YYC-YYZ and before going BOG-MDE I def needed a shower. The lounge agent was super nice and took my BP guided me over there and unlocked the door for me. Not only was it clean (it was really early so maybe it had been unused so far that day) but it was DRY! That's a big thing for me. I've always hated how shared bathrooms in hostels and such never seem to dry out, they always just have a permanent wetness and that feels unclean to me.

When I finished up and got dressed I felt 100% better. Again the agent was very nice when I came back to request my BP back, so thumbs up all around for me.

A word of warning, which I should've been prepared for was products! The shower has liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner and while a shower feels great, it's a bit wasted if you don't brush your teeth...which I couldn't do as I left my brush/toothpaste in my checked bag. So while most of you probably travel just carryon and won't have this problem, it's something to remember.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I used the INTL showers not that long ago, what a god send. I've never really showered in the lounges before but after working all day, then flying YYM-YYC-YYZ and before going BOG-MDE I def needed a shower. The lounge agent was super nice and took my BP guided me over there and unlocked the door for me. Not only was it clean (it was really early so maybe it had been unused so far that day) but it was DRY! That's a big thing for me. I've always hated how shared bathrooms in hostels and such never seem to dry out, they always just have a permanent wetness and that feels unclean to me.

When I finished up and got dressed I felt 100% better. Again the agent was very nice when I came back to request my BP back, so thumbs up all around for me.

A word of warning, which I should've been prepared for was products! The shower has liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner and while a shower feels great, it's a bit wasted if you don't brush your teeth...which I couldn't do as I left my brush/toothpaste in my checked bag. So while most of you probably travel just carryon and won't have this problem, it's something to remember.
I find they typically wipe down the showers with a towel or something, so it's usually dry. The only time I've had a wet shower was when they forgot to clean it.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE
The showers are easy to access.... but in need of some TLC. They don't seem to have maintenance done very often.

No irons to speak of though.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:03 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
There are 2 showers in the MLL domestic lounge.

Ask for shower when you check in. There may be a long wait, as it is popular on the overnight flights... Give agent boarding pass, and they will call you when shower is ready. Last time I did take shower on an overnight flight from Vancouver it was an hour wait.

Showers are cleaned each time they are used... They are not bad.

No iron.

Last edited by ACfly; Aug 30, 2015 at 11:07 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
In a few weeks i'll be heading to Toronto for the day, taking in a jays game, the heading back to YOW on the 1230am flight. Forgot about the showers but figured they would come in handy.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Last time I used the showers at YYZ Dom MLL, there was quite a bit of mold in the grout. Is this still the case?

There's only one (although an awesome one) shower at the PPL Dom hence the ask. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.