Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:22 pm

Likewise, the 1st person has been contacted for my referral!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:02 pm

So frustrated with Amex!!!

I posted on this forum last month about how I was owed the remaining 25,000 aeroplan points a month ago and did not receive them. I did not make any transactions that month so I did not generate a statement. I had phoned AMEX and the first agent said the points are only awarded 8-10 weeks after spending the $500. I got off the phone and calculated it had been over 12 weeks already since spending that!!

Phoned again and second agent agreed they were overdue, although she thought I had received 15,000 already - which I told her was NOT true; the 10,000 was from a referral bonus!!

Anyways, she said she was sending a request for head office to look into and promised I would see the points on my next statement in January.

I just received the January statement and ZERO BONUS POINTS. I am so mad!!!!!!!!

I just send a long email to customer service since obviously the phone calls I made last month had no effect.. Can't believe how hard it is to get these damn points that I am owed!!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by kidsomething
So frustrated with Amex!!!

I posted on this forum last month about how I was owed the remaining 25,000 aeroplan points a month ago and did not receive them. I did not make any transactions that month so I did not generate a statement. I had phoned AMEX and the first agent said the points are only awarded 8-10 weeks after spending the $500. I got off the phone and calculated it had been over 12 weeks already since spending that!!

Phoned again and second agent agreed they were overdue, although she thought I had received 15,000 already - which I told her was NOT true; the 10,000 was from a referral bonus!!

Anyways, she said she was sending a request for head office to look into and promised I would see the points on my next statement in January.

I just received the January statement and ZERO BONUS POINTS. I am so mad!!!!!!!!

I just send a long email to customer service since obviously the phone calls I made last month had no effect.. Can't believe how hard it is to get these damn points that I am owed!!
Try to talk to a supervisor.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:40 pm

UPDATE:

I just called AMEX and explained the whole predicament (see my post above).

After being put on hold for a while, agent comes back and says YES I see there was an error in getting the points transferred over - we need to fix that but it will take ANOTHER 8 -10 weeks to get the points!!!!

I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said none were available but I could get a call back.

So this means it will be over 6 months from the time I fulfilled the requirements for the points to the time I actually receive them. Absolutely unacceptable service!!!

I will wait to see the response I get from the email I sent and go from there.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:42 pm

UPDATE:

After being put on hold for a while, agent comes back and says YES I see there was an error in getting the points transferred over - we need to fix that but it will take ANOTHER 8 -10 weeks to get the points!!!!

I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said none were available but I could get a call back.

So this means it will be over 6 months from the time I fulfilled the requirements for the points to the time I actually receive them. Absolutely unacceptable service!!!

It should not take that long if they confirmed the error. Try to call Monday morning and insist to speak to a supervisor.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:35 pm

that but it will take ANOTHER 8 -10 weeks to get the points!!!!
I had a problem with my gold card points- they fixed it in 48 hours.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by simba8
i think the amex gold is different from aeroplangold, cuz with gold they control their own amex mr so they can award as necessary, but not the case with aeroplan.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
UPDATE:

For everyone who doesn't have their statement printed. My wife had her balance of 25k points deposited to her AE account without an Amex Statement print on the third month.

Not saying that this example isn't an oversight, but I'm putting out the idea of checking into your AE account for the last 6 months of activity, and seeing if points have already been deposited.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am

UPDATE:

AH, so I'm not alone. I hate the phone in and getting all the double talk.

This is the first time I had to do it for Amex, (but for 30,000 points you have to) (2 calls, and told to wait for next billing) They seem totally confused as to how many points you have comeing "along with other things including there names" I'm sure I'll be talking with whatsherface again.

I thought Esso and Thriftys, was good with overnight transfer of points.

Now the absolute best is UPS..you go to the store and by the time you get back home the points are in your aeroplan acct.

It's just amazing,
It also brings up the question why this can't be done every time you earn points with anyone.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:41 pm

Just got an email back from customer service:

"I apologize for the delay caused in this matter.

Now upon checking with the concerned department, we have been informed that there is a delay of 8-10 weeks from the back-end to award the Cardmembers with the remaining bonus points. This is an ongoing issue and we are aware of it. All the Cardmembers with similar offers are facing the same delay and we are trying to get the process expedited.

Thus, please be assured that you will be awarded with the remaining bonus points in the above mentioned timeframe. We apologize for this unintended delay."

I guess there's nothing I can do but wait. I find it surprising that many members received the full balance of the points, when they claim this is a widespread error..
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

Now upon checking with the concerned department, we have been informed that there is a delay of 8-10 weeks from the back-end to award the Cardmembers with the remaining bonus points. This is an ongoing issue and we are aware of it. All the Cardmembers with similar offers are facing the same delay and we are trying to get the process expedited.

Thus, please be assured that you will be awarded with the remaining bonus points in the above mentioned timeframe. We apologize for this unintended delay."

I guess there's nothing I can do but wait. I find it surprising that many members received the full balance of the points, when they claim this is a widespread error..
Did the email acknowledge your name, AE #, and how many points you're owed? If some of this information is included, then they've got you on record to receive the points.

But, as evidenced in this thread, squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep calling, and eventually you may find an agent that will manually adjust the points onto your account for you.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:28 pm

You and me, that's what they call wide spread.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:19 pm

8-10 weeks. wow. this messages seems very automated, sadly.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by simba8
They can fix the gold card bonus points during the call, so the points can be added right away.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
8-10 weeks. wow. this messages seems very automated, sadly.
This should be "up to". So the actual time needed to resolve the issue might be much shorter.

Last edited by Cana2013; Jan 12, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.