Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

"Star Challenge" Promo on again 7Mar-10Apr 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just got a call from Old Navy. They will honor my order from yesterday, but no more gift card with a gift card purchases. Agent was asking why I was doing this? I said my other line was ringing, and I had to go.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just had some Rexall transactions post on Aeroplan for last week (March 25 - 29), but the 4 purchases we made between March 18 - 24 are nowhere to be found. Has this happened to anyone else, and do the older transactions eventually show up?

Unfortunate that not only do the e-mail requests for the Stars always fail now, but the counter has also disappeared.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat

Indigo didn't give me points for a GC purchase I made the 26th, but gave points on a purchase I made since then (book). Quite sure they will apply their new rule "no point for GC" even for purchase made before they changed the rules !
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: AE, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by yvr76
Just had some Rexall transactions post on Aeroplan for last week (March 25 - 29), but the 4 purchases we made between March 18 - 24 are nowhere to be found. Has this happened to anyone else, and do the older transactions eventually show up?

Unfortunate that not only do the e-mail requests for the Stars always fail now, but the counter has also disappeared.
The star counter's still there but updates maybe once a week.

My Rexall purchases between and including Mar 18-26, don't show either. Everything after has posted but those are in limbo. It makes zero sense as I bought from the same store each time. I'll hang tough for a bit though. A similar thing happened with my Sears and Gap buys where more older entries would post after the more recent ones. Go figure.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:24 am

Yes same thing happened to me at Rexall am awaiting for those dates to post.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:31 am

ggggg

Last edited by babine; Aug 14, 2014 at 11:54 pm
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Just got a call from Old Navy. They will honor my order from yesterday, but no more gift card with a gift card purchases. Agent was asking why I was doing this? I said my other line was ringing, and I had to go.
I hope your other line ringing wasn't Gap with the same message
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Indigo didn't give me points for a GC purchase I made the 26th, but gave points on a purchase I made since then (book). Quite sure they will apply their new rule "no point for GC" even for purchase made before they changed the rules !
I have no transaction posted for my 5 GC purchases from 18/3 through 27/3. Hadn't though anything of it as I am used to Apple taking weeks to post but your post is concerning.

No way they can get away with not giving miles or stars. Their own notice of not awarding miles from 28/3 is an acknowledgement that these were owed for transactions previous to that date. Screen shot the page!

I didn't want to get into this at this stage, planned on giving them their 6-8 weeks but if nothing by Wednesday, one week prior to the end of the challenge, then I intend to put them on notice that I am expecting and relying that those transactions post.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Looks like they are phoning everyone. I was called on Thursday of last week. They said they had seen a sudden spike in GC purchases. The put my last order through but said they would cancel any future orders that were the same.

I wonder it it's the same lady calling all the FTers. Wouldn't wanna have that job this week. Probably hearing all sorts of random reasons why all these GCs are being bought. Ha!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by seanman571
Looks like they are phoning everyone. I was called on Thursday of last week. They said they had seen a sudden spike in GC purchases. The put my last order through but said they would cancel any future orders that were the same.

I wonder it it's the same lady calling all the FTers. Wouldn't wanna have that job this week. Probably hearing all sorts of random reasons why all these GCs are being bought. Ha!
Pretty sure it is the same lady Poor her, hehe.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:34 pm

In to deep now

I guess you guys will be switching over to sears now, Thank god I'm just about done so I don't care if sears shuts down too..

Good old Esso and the bathtub.

I told you it's an AP plot, in the end your gonna be stuck with 95 stars and nowhere to go.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by mech11
I guess you guys will be switching over to sears now, Thank god I'm just about done so I don't care if sears shuts down too..

Good old Esso and the bathtub.

I told you it's an AP plot, in the end your gonna be stuck with 95 stars and nowhere to go.
Buying gift cards is still ok, just not with other gift cards. I wonder if this had people realize that they could make real cash/a ton of AE points by doing this though. Cashback websites offer 2.5% cashback to the Gap so if you bought larger denominations you could make a small sum of money doing this (not going to get rich but it is free money) or maybe they ban those people.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by SensFan
Buying gift cards is still ok, just not with other gift cards. I wonder if this had people realize that they could make real cash/a ton of AE points by doing this though.
That depends on the retailer. With indigo, buying gift cards with other gift cards was always against the terms and conditions... the website was just not programmed to stop the transactions, and some people had their orders cancelled. Others got away with it. You could still, however, buy a gift card and get miles. That changed on 3/28, where indigo gift card purchases will not receive miles at all, so you can't double dip.

I used this a few times with some books that I had wanted. Buy a $10 GC one day, buy another $10 GC the next day, on day 3 buy a $20 book using the GCs, getting double miles and stars. That was completely within the rules, but it's no longer possible. Fortunately, I did my shopping early and was already past 100 stars by the end of week 2.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 5:22 pm

Rain City Grill not with Aeroplan?

Just ate at the Rain City Grill on Denman. Handed over my CC & AP card and they said they did nothing with AP? Do they just track it (stars) with CC?

Thanks,
CanuckOnFire
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:52 pm

Did 2x 5000 = 1000 BW=AE conversions in the same day; will this equate to 6 stars?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.