Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New targeted double Q miles promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New targeted double Q miles promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2001, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I guess this means we are also about to lose:

Priority check-in
Priority baggage handling
Extra luggage provision
Access to STAR lounges
Personalized luggage tags
Dedicated phone lines
Award discounts at various times of the year
Preferred seat selection
Priority boarding

Old Oct 16, 2001, 10:17 pm
ALW

Your sarcasm is showing!

andrew
Old Oct 16, 2001, 10:51 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Fisch... all you got to do is fly another 25K Q miles, then you would be SE next year! Just imagine all the benefits...
Old Oct 16, 2001, 11:35 pm

I'm still a bit confused. Is this promotion for QUALIFING miles (ie. counts towards attaining status) or tickets booked on "Q" class?

Then, how does this differ from the other promotion where you must book on "J, C, Y, M, B, T, H, or V" class?

Fisch: How many miles do you have or are away from the next tier? Just wondering who they're sending the promo to. I'm 8k short, but no letter.
Old Oct 16, 2001, 11:41 pm

The general promotion out there for everyone is that you will get double miles on J,C,Y,M,B,H,V fares. These miles does not count as qualifying miles.

Some people in this thread have been getting "targeted" promotion which will count the double miles earned under this promotion as qualifying miles. Those double miles will count as qualifying miles "if and only if" you get that personalized letter from Aeroplan.

Btw, most of the time when we say Q miles in this forum, we mean Qualifying Miles, not Q fares.

I think Fisch has gone past 35K already and no where close to 100K. (?)

Are you 8K from E or SE?

Hope this helps...

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old Oct 16, 2001, 11:42 pm
ALW

Fisch reported being at 46k, which is why I at 37k still hope to get a letter.

andrew
Old Oct 16, 2001, 11:44 pm

Andrew,

I can just see you jumping up and down in the post office if you get this letter as if you've just won the lottery.
Old Oct 16, 2001, 11:58 pm
ALW

Empress, you are absolutely right.

If I get the letter, I will make 103k this year instead of 50k, at the additional cost of probably two V tickets somewhere warm.

andrew
Old Oct 17, 2001, 2:10 am

Thanks, Empress for the clarification.

I'm actually 8k from merely Elite. I don't know how everyone can make SE so easily even receiving the double qualifying miles though. There must be a lot of people living up in the air.

United also has a similar promo offerring double miles (the extra double not qualifying). Just wondering if we would still get this double points credited to our aeroplan account when we purchase a UA tx on a AC co-share flight? Or, just a regular UA ticket?

Does anyone know if we have to register for this promo - both for AC and UA?
Old Oct 17, 2001, 2:19 am

Does anyone know if we have to register for this promo - both for AC and UA?

AC: No need to register
UA: Register here.

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 10-17-2001).]
Old Oct 20, 2001, 10:15 am

Just back from a trip (First Air) Toronto to Little Cornwallis Island. Lots of miles but no "Q" miles. Waiting for me is "the letter from A.C." Double Q miles from Sept 15th - Dec 15th.

If the promo started Sept 15th why the hell did they sent it out so late. Had I known I would have flown A.C. via Yellowknife instead of First Air from Ottawa. More lost business for them. Assho**s.

Biggles.
Old Oct 20, 2001, 12:57 pm
ALW

Biggles, I agree, Fisch got the letter on 16/10 and it actually says "since Sept. 15".

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">If the promo started Sept 15th why the hell did they send it out so late.</font>
I don't think the promo started Sept 15th (there's no way they would have made this kind of offer back in August!). I think they've decided to piggy-back this promo onto the existing Waves promo, if for no other reason that it's easy to implement (all miles posted to one's account are the same, just some are Q-miles, which they might even be doing by hand).

When you figure in advance booking times on restricted fares, they would have had to send it out in August to get everything done, and they probably just thought of it recently.

And apparently I am on the trans-border promo based on flying patterns (10 R/Ts and I get SE). That's not what I want, but even if I were willing to do it, it would have been a lot easier to get in ten weekend trips to ORD, EWR, IAD, and BOS (all places I might actually want to have spent various weekends) if I'd started earlier. As it is, it would take every free weekend from now until mid-December.

andrew

[This message has been edited by Andrew Webber (edited 10-20-2001).]
Old Oct 21, 2001, 4:56 pm

Anyone call AC to ask to be included in this promotion? Just curious if that works.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 8:05 pm

bump.

Sorry, been marooned in Canberra for a few days.

Anyone with an int'l address get this promo? I changed my address from yyz to syd with aeroplan and am assuming that i'll be excluded from most of these promos going forward.

I've carefully crafted the year to end up with about 100,700 Q miles, including a run to WLG this weekend on NZ, but certainly wouldn't say no to the extra points.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 8:08 pm
ALW

I suspect they won't offer either of these promos (10 transborder R/Ts or double Qmiles) to anyone close to SE already, in both cases it seems they're pushing to get more flying from us and dangling SE status to tease us.

andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.