FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New targeted double Q miles promotion
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2001, 12:57 pm
ALW

Biggles, I agree, Fisch got the letter on 16/10 and it actually says "since Sept. 15".

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">If the promo started Sept 15th why the hell did they send it out so late.</font>
I don't think the promo started Sept 15th (there's no way they would have made this kind of offer back in August!). I think they've decided to piggy-back this promo onto the existing Waves promo, if for no other reason that it's easy to implement (all miles posted to one's account are the same, just some are Q-miles, which they might even be doing by hand).

When you figure in advance booking times on restricted fares, they would have had to send it out in August to get everything done, and they probably just thought of it recently.

And apparently I am on the trans-border promo based on flying patterns (10 R/Ts and I get SE). That's not what I want, but even if I were willing to do it, it would have been a lot easier to get in ten weekend trips to ORD, EWR, IAD, and BOS (all places I might actually want to have spent various weekends) if I'd started earlier. As it is, it would take every free weekend from now until mid-December.

andrew

[This message has been edited by Andrew Webber (edited 10-20-2001).]