Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:21 am

I read they took out the personal video monitors and will be streaming entertainment to devices for a $5 fee. Don't they realize most people who are flying Rouge are on a budget and most don't have ipads?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swarez
Maybe I will start looking at United and connect through ORD or stick with AC and go though YYC.
Or YVR
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by imverge
I read they took out the personal video monitors and will be streaming entertainment to devices for a $5 fee. Don't they realize most people who are flying Rouge are on a budget and most don't have ipads?
I took the subway today and three quarters of the people were using iPhones or other smart phones. I flew back from Germany last week and because LH had problems with the IFE system, people were watching movies or other entertainment they had downloaded to smartphone size devices. So I suspect that almost everyone under the age of 60 has at least one device on which they can view streamed content.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sebring
under the age of 60 has at least one device on which they can view streamed content.
That's a problem with flights to Greece, Italy, Portugal .... where most people travelling are of a certain age.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:12 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I took the subway today and three quarters of the people were using iPhones or other smart phones. I flew back from Germany last week and because LH had problems with the IFE system, people were watching movies or other entertainment they had downloaded to smartphone size devices. So I suspect that almost everyone under the age of 60 has at least one device on which they can view streamed content.
And what about all those rambunctious four year olds?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
I suspect the TV monitors will remain on the 767-300 (but deactivated) until the aircraft goes in for seat reconfig/modifications after the busy Summer Season. Streaming Wi-Fi is installed and set to go on July 1st.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by sp4294
Are they Rogueing Hawaii?
Logistically I don't see it. 2 767-300's both flying from YYZ (LAS & MBJ) through the Winter. Technically, the 767-300 Rouge fleet cannot grow until the 787's start arriving - technically.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by sp4294
Are they Rogueing Hawaii?
That's the beauty of fin 687. Close your eyes so you can't see the seat fabric colour, and you can pretend you are on Rouge
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Logistically I don't see it. 2 767-300's both flying from YYZ (LAS & MBJ) through the Winter. Technically, the 767-300 Rouge fleet cannot grow until the 787's start arriving - technically.
or the arrival of the first of five 777-300ER's in July
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
If said passengers have Android or BB devices they cannot access the streaming content. This eliminates a large mobile user base.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by OttawaMark
If said passengers have Android or BB devices they cannot access the streaming content.
So they'll just bring their own content on their devices, like I do when I fly US domestic carriers. I'd probably not 'stream' anyway, in order to extend my battery life.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
Originally Posted by gglave
So they'll just bring their own content on their devices, like I do when I fly US domestic carriers. I'd probably not 'stream' anyway, in order to extend my battery life.
They should have somewhere to charge next to you or else people will start getting upset once you leave Newfoundland airspace.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Swarez
They should have somewhere to charge next to you or else people will start getting upset once you leave Newfoundland airspace.
What does Newfoundland airspace have to do with battery life?

Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:48 am

Well that's where batteries will start to run dry.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus

It was a joke, meant distance- leave Toronto for 2-2/12 hours you clear Newfoundland just in time for your Ipad to die if you are streaming.

Without charging no way to make it final destination in Europe with out a charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.