Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
Postcard from Quebeckistan

Originally Posted by PeteO
As a YUL based SE who spends a fortune to fly each year (with my own $), I find your comment and others thinking like you bordering on racist, at least bigoted, definitely ignorant.

Quebec is not the home base of WestJet. Last I checked it was in oil-rich Calgary. Sunwing is headquartered in... Toronto? Which is where, based on FT profiles, a lot of people making those kind of comments are based.

Most of my AC flights ex-YUL are completely full, including J.

Any province, state, country will have people in different social classes, looking for different things, ranging in the spectrum from lowest cost to best service. I think people with less income in Quebec may fly more than their counterparts in other provinces, especially to Florida, the Dominican Republic and Cuba (winter is hard and those destinations cater well to them) generating volume in the LCC bucket to sun destinations, but this does not mean that in Quebec, only cost matters.

Have a decent weekend in Montreal in one of our many sold out boutique hotels; enjoy fine dining but reserve first; visit the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, which is the museum with the most VIP members in all of Canada, where you may have to wait hours in the summer to visit major exhibitions. Come for the Grand Prix, but reserve quickly, if you can afford it, one of the sold-out VIP packages and party with the international A-Listers, who enjoy it trememndously here. Come ski at Tremblant, which is anything but a) cheap and b) empty.

Over simplifying a regional market and AC's "ghettoizing" of YUL is creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. People like me with the $$$ will find alternatives (hint: i haven't flown to CDG with AC in a year now due to the HD and will never again), and AC will be left with the customers looking for the lowest cost, a volatile segment that has no loyalty whatsoever. And the more they attract that clientele while the more affluent ones find alternatives, the more they'll believe it is what the market is here.

Good grief ...
Generalizations and cliches, as ugly as it may sound to some, are sometimes true because they are based on fact. In this case, I have both empirical and anecdotal evidence that Quebecers are, in fact, the cheapest people in Canada. Proven scientific evidence has demonstrated, time and again, that Quebec is in fact the new Ghetto for the ROC.
We are a province that despite being part of what is arguably a country that is the envy of almost every other country in the world, wants to leave.
We are a province that has one of the lowest university participation rates in the country, and some of the lowest fees. And, despite the low fees, participation continues to decline.
Student activists demanding free university helped elect a separatist government, a government that promptly turned around and raised fees by reducing education credits. Now those same pot-banging miscreants will help re-elect a woman that craves power and wants to break up Canada.
We are a province that sees billingualism as a scourge, and not an advantage.
We are a province that, year in and year out, contributes the least to public charities.
We are a ghetto. Nothing in Quebec makes sense. Our weather is foul, our politics absurd, and don't get me started on the Islamophobes and anti-semites that we have running this asylum.
And you are correct, WESTJET is based in a province where hard work, risk, and employee commitment is rewarded. And it ain't Quebec.
So, yes, Air Canada made a singular correct decision in targeting Quebec as the ideal launch pad for Rouge. Don't be ashamed to say it, WE ARE CHEAP in Quebec. Yes, doesn't that feel better?
Because it's mean to make fun of Newfies for their accents, does it make that accent less true?
Because we make fun of farmers from the Prairies for being hicks does that make it less true?
Of course not. Own up to our status as the cheapskates of Canada and move on.
And don't be indignant, not all Quebecers are cheapskates, that's why it's called a GENERALIZATION. On the whole though, this province is not going anywhere good economically, and the few generous, intelligent, industrious people still here aren't enough to push this ship.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Can't remember the Rouge routes but any added efficiency the winglets deliver to these (now) heavier 767s would be welcome on ATHYYZ, CDGYVR (if announced) etc
I would connect to avoid rogue personally...
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: TK *A Gold, VA Silver
Air Canada Rouge - lounge access for *G?

Howdy - and apologies if this is a question that gets asked regularly. I've searched but failed to find it.

I'm flying on AC1851 ("operated by Air Canada Rouge") from YYZ-LAS next month, in economy. As a *G status holder through TK, am I eligible to use the AC lounge before this flight?

(I've been stung before with a SG-coded flight on SG's budget airline, which I discover didn't include lounge access, which was slightly frustrating: hence why I'm checking here.)
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: AC 75K
Yes - *G benefits apply to Rouge operated flights.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
At the airport, Rouge is treated the same as mainline Air Canada. At MCO, for example, the check in and gate signage and uniforms are all "Air Canada".
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:40 am

Yes...

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Yes - *G benefits apply to Rouge operated flights.
Yes, but for how long...?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by willflyforfood
Until Rouge is profitable enough to be sold off as a separate entity and it leaves the Star Alliance.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Don't give them ideas... hopefully they do not look at Germanwings as an example of where/how to go.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by todd-r
Until Rouge is profitable enough to be sold off as a separate entity and it leaves the Star Alliance.
Yes, but then once that happens, AC will just create a new LCC and the two will duel to the death. cf. the Aeroplan, Altitude, Distinction ripsaw.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 11:15 am

New photos posted at http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/me...ge/photos.html

Premium Rouge on the 763 now seems to be the same seat as domestic J, with colour differences and perhaps a padding contour change. Perhaps they are re-purposing the J seats being ripped out of the 319s?

Also from this article it seems the new config is 24/28/228 for 280 seats total, yet it is 47kg lighter than the mainline 763s despite the additional seats and winglets. Those pods must weigh a ton.

Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Rouge from air canada is awfull

With more seats for anyone over 5' 9" it is impossible to sit in the seats. It was the most uncomfortable 5 hours I have ever flown. Avoid rouge at all costs
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Also from this article it seems the new config is 24/28/228 for 280 seats total, yet it is 47kg lighter than the mainline 763s despite the additional seats and winglets. Those pods must weigh a ton.
The Y seats are also slimline and seatback IFE has been removed throughout the aircraft, so that's some additional weight savings.

Looks like the first 4 rows of Y are rouge Plus (28 seats), but there are also a couple emergency exit rows that are marked as preferred seating. So plenty of seats available to avoid the 30" seat pitch without paying for J. The exit rows wouldn't have any USB power though.

Premium rouge: USB power and standard power at every seat
rouge Plus: USB power at every seat and standard power at 1 per double seat; 2 per triple seat
rouge: Standard power at 1 per double seat, 2 per triple seat

Last edited by yvr76; Mar 22, 2014 at 7:41 pm
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by ikelon
With more seats for anyone over 5' 9" it is impossible to sit in the seats. It was the most uncomfortable 5 hours I have ever flown. Avoid rouge at all costs
Welcome to FT!

Unfortunately those who fly with AC will find it harder and harder to avoid these cramped, painful aircraft in the coming years as the Rogue fleet grows and mainline AC aircraft also increase "passenger density".
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Anybody have experience flying the Rouge 763s on North American routes in J? Is it comparable to NA J in terms of food & service?

Considering the Florida+ pass for travel to Vegas but now that YUL-LAS is operated by a Rouge 763 it seems like a better experience than on the 319.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 9:38 am

Hosed!

Originally Posted by ikelon
My sentiments exactly, but the Sun Pass I bought to go YUL-LAS was only good for one mainline AC flight before I got Rogued...talk about a hose, buying 6 credits in J to learn that 4 are really in Rogue-J...ugh...buyer beware!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.