Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by 172pilot

Yes. Your *G status flying internationally gets you access.
Thanks, that's what I thought. But saw some conflicting information somewhere.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Not a good day for Rouge-operated flights out of YQB July 10

Not a good day for YQB-YYZ Rouge flights today July 10. All three were cancelled. I did not check the fin number so it could very well be the same aircraft. Each flight was replaced by mainline though.

And according to ExpertFlyer "BRD/OFF POINTS REQUIRED THIS FLIGHT".
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by DNAwizard

And according to ExpertFlyer "BRD/OFF POINTS REQUIRED THIS FLIGHT".
That's a common default comment on EF for many IRROP'd flights.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
That's a common default comment on EF for many IRROP'd flights.
Indeed. And totally useless IMO !
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:48 pm

Does anyone know if economy seats on the international 767-300s have actual (non-USB) power ports? I need to use a heating pad for an injury.

The draw is only 50V, 0.5A, so much less than a laptop, and I’ve used em before, so I know that’s not an issue, but I don’t know if they have actual plugs or just USB ports on these planes and whether I might need to bring a splitter to share with my neighbour.

I would really prefer not to use a thermacare wrap if i can avoid it as they’re really not as good but I will pack one just in case.

thanks so much.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by marktwothousand
Does anyone know if economy seats on the international 767-300s have actual (non-USB) power ports? I need to use a heating pad for an injury.

The draw is only 50V, 0.5A, so much less than a laptop, and I’ve used em before, so I know that’s not an issue, but I don’t know if they have actual plugs or just USB ports on these planes and whether I might need to bring a splitter to share with my neighbour.

I would really prefer not to use a thermacare wrap if i can avoid it as they’re really not as good but I will pack one just in case.

thanks so much.
First I hope it’s 5V and not 50V . The preferred seats at the front of Y definitely have proper power sockets as well as USB. I’m not sure about the rest of Y.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:56 pm

Whoops. I meant, 50W
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I was on TXL-YYZ recently. PE was almost empty so I had several opportunities to chat to the 2 FAs serving the cabin. They told me that AC is considering (or has decided?) to terminate all rouge flights in YVR and switch the routes back to mainline. Is that true? Has anyone heard about this as well?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I can't imagine them being too happy about you plugging in a fire source, even if they did offer wall power.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by totti
I was on TXL-YYZ recently. PE was almost empty so I had several opportunities to chat to the 2 FAs serving the cabin. They told me that AC is considering (or has decided?) to terminate all rouge flights in YVR and switch the routes back to mainline. Is that true? Has anyone heard about this as well?
AC has already significantly reduced its Rouge presence in the west, I believe they closed the Airbus pilot base and soon will close the 767 and FA bases completely (if not already - anyone please feel free to correct me).

The Hawaii flights switch back to mainline from Rouge 767s to 737 MAX at end of October.

LAS seems to still be Rouge as the planes follow and East-LAS-West pattern (i.e. YYZ-LAS-YVR).

KIX will resume next year as Mainline.

NGO and DUB are still on the schedule next year as Rouge, but that could change.

PSP is resuming this season as mainline. PHX will be mainline when capacity is needed, otherwise Express.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by D582
AC has already significantly reduced its Rouge presence in the west, I believe they closed the Airbus pilot base and soon will close the 767 and FA bases completely (if not already - anyone please feel free to correct me).
Thank you for the confirmation. I am particularly happy to hear that Hawaii will be back to mainline as both business can preferred Y seats are significantly better than Rouge.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Re: Boeing 767 Premium Rouge:

Bin sizes: Are they more in line with mainline bin sizes for relatively new 767s, or more in line with the very old ex CP 767s with the pathetically small bins? I almost feel this is a redundant question given how old Rouge aircraft is, but I don't know if Air Canada "invested" with upgrading the bins to contemporary sizes. I believe they did so with the 319 hence the question in regards to the 767s.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Re: Boeing 767 Premium Rouge:

Bin sizes: Are they more in line with mainline bin sizes for relatively new 767s, or more in line with the very old ex CP 767s with the pathetically small bins? I almost feel this is a redundant question given how old Rouge aircraft is, but I don't know if Air Canada "invested" with upgrading the bins to contemporary sizes. I believe they did so with the 319 hence the question in regards to the 767s.
It's a mixed bag. I don't think they've done any conversions, but some of the 767s that came from other airlines (ex HA for example) have the new style bins.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by D582
Correct. Very little Rouge presence out of YVR and YYC beginning winter. They appear to be consolidating Rouge in YYZ and YUL.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
I can't imagine them being too happy about you plugging in a fire source, even if they did offer wall power.
like I said, it’s 50W and .5 amps. A laptop is rated at 70+ Watts. So it’s less than a light bulb, and no more a fire source than a laptop or cell phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.