Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jamie2k9
It may of being covered already but why aren't DUB and BCN part of the loco. I remenber AC managment makeing specific referance about these tow being part of the loco.
Rouge is only starting off with 2 767 planes. IMHO they likely wanted to show new destinations so that they can show Rouge as being an expansion instead of cannibalizing existing routes (that would help keep some peace on the labour relations front even though this is allowable under the new agreements).

I'm sure that DUB and BCN will eventually go to Rouge, although didn't AC start using Executive First pods on DUB last year? Who knows, maybe DUB will stay mainline.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YEG USER
Rouge is only starting off with 2 767 planes. IMHO they likely wanted to show new destinations so that they can show Rouge as being an expansion instead of cannibalizing existing routes (that would help keep some peace on the labour relations front even though this is allowable under the new agreements).

I'm sure that DUB and BCN will eventually go to Rouge, although didn't AC start using Executive First pods on DUB last year? Who knows, maybe DUB will stay mainline.
I can't believe they call this an "airline". With two planes, it's more like a hobby or diversion. Total joke.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Allvest
I can't believe they call this an "airline". With two planes, it's more like a hobby or diversion. Total joke.
Hmm, kinda like Virgin Atlantic then, except Rouge starts with twice as many planes as VS did. Total joke indeed.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest

WS started with 3

AC is starting Rouge with 4, for the record
Old Dec 24, 2012, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by xLuther
WS started with 3

4 then. good for them. It's annoying to see all these "low price" offerings from AC, such as Rouge and 10% off Asia etc etc, and it turns out to be some stupid Tango or less fare which doesn't do diddly for anyone loyal enough to always fly with AC. Simplicity, I suppose, doesn't sell anymore.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I am hoping for a leisure traveler to come on and tell why he/she will buy an expensive latitude fare on a LCC for vacation travel to Europe.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:12 pm

WS started with 3

Don't muddle things up with facts.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Lllahim
I am hoping for a leisure traveler to come on and tell why he/she will buy an expensive latitude fare on a LCC for vacation travel to Europe.
Ummmmm.....cheaper fares sold out???
Old Dec 25, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
When is someone going to ask about status miles.... oh wait... I just did....

How can I get status miles on this new Rouge? Will they count for MM?

Could it be a new T+++ fare category?
Go to AC.com and book a flight to anywhere. Then click on all the fare categories - they now display the mileage earning amounts on Rouge. All flat rates and sad.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Go to AC.com and book a flight to anywhere. Then click on all the fare categories - they now display the mileage earning amounts on Rouge. All flat rates and sad.
My original question was answered many many posts ago. Thanks though and Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
A couple of services a week were XM'd but I presumed this was more just due to fleet needs than anything else.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:43 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by colmc
A couple of services a week were XM'd but I presumed this was more just due to fleet needs than anything else.
Outside of the two Rouge planes, there is only one non-standard 767. It will be interesting to see where this aircraft flies, or even if it sticks around.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
But who goes to plces like Edinborough, Lisbon, Dublin for vacations? Everyone I know heads SOUTH to the sun destinations. @:-)

This little adventure will end up like Zoom's, Canada 3000's, Skyservice's.

Even Transat is bleeding over the past few years.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:11 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by Tangoer
But who goes to plces like Edinborough, Lisbon, Dublin for vacations? Everyone I know heads SOUTH to the sun destinations. @:-)

This little adventure will end up like Zoom's, Canada 3000's, Skyservice's.

Even Transat is bleeding over the past few years.
They go south in the summer? How rare. I suspect that these aircraft will go south in the winter season (looking at you, Hawaii).
Old Dec 25, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
But with slim seats the hard plastic back means knees in your back are no longer a factor.
You've got to be kidding. You can feel the knees in your back even more on these seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.