Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by PeteO
As a YUL based SE who spends a fortune to fly each year (with my own $), I find your comment and others thinking like you bordering on racist, at least bigoted, definitely ignorant.
Q
PeteO...you need to lighten up my friend and maybe you need to actually read and think a bit before feigning indignant.

I didn't say it was true or untrue, just that another poster here alluded to this tendency when discussing Canadian travel patterns and Rouge marketing specifically aimed at Quebec travelers' purchasing decisions (although in fairness, it may have been on the High Density B773 thread)

BTW How is this in anyway racist or even bigoted? Are you implying that Quebecer's are a different race from the rest of Canadians? And, are you not a bigot then, because you pay more? And since when is it an ignorant statement if the company is specifically marketing "cheap" flights to this market?

Gotta love people who make truly inane comments like this. You are the one being offensive by throwing around terms like these!

BTW, my original reply was actually meant ironically, but I guess you have no idea what that is either.
Good grief indeed!

Last edited by sp4294; Mar 15, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by drdrma
Biggest get-sloshed folks I see are from Calgary.
Heck yes. It amazes me the amount of booze travellers from here can go through, especially if the flight ends somewhere warm. The only flights I've ever been on where they ran out of liquor are SMD3/5 and sun-bound flights from Calgary.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Flew recently on AC rouge to MBJ from YYZ. Original booking was made almost a year ago and we chose the exit row in Y. AC switched it to a different plane and rouge and rebooked us in a non exit row and refunded the $$ for the exit row seats but.......well you know
The good : seating was 2:3:2 so as a couple we had 2 seats window isle and no middle seat so much better than the typical charter or other carrier choices which are usually 3:3
Entertainment is your own iPad and wifi for crap tv and movies. And I mean there wasn't a movie more recent than 1983

That's it for the good
The bad: crew were useless. Pathetic. No one checked our seat belts were done for departure. There was no inforcment of the seat belt on stay seated in turbulence. Food and Bev service: was one trip up that's it,

All in all for a 4 hr daytime it really didn't matter a darn. We brought food and drink, we have tv and films on our iPads and as for seat belts and safety and the rest of it all I can say is whatever....I'd never consider Y on a flight longer than 6 hrs and especially for night time but for a day time 4 hours who cares
The 2 across seating in a fairly comfortable chair is just fine. In fact have booked for next year already. Good price and snagged the two exit row seats in 26 or 27 can't remember but checked the seating out before we landed. It's close to the toilet but it will be fine !! And there is several more inches and more recline but again we are short and it's just fine
Compared to the odd flight I've had on WJ and regular Y on AC it's not much different. We fly J or F on BA or AA for most of our travel but for a less than 4 hour daytime I'd repeat (as we have) on rouge. It's just fine !!! And we are J and F travellers
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@aircrashsurvivor:

I am intrigued by your FT handle. Is there a story there ?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by airbus320
@aircrashsurvivor:

I am intrigued by your FT handle. Is there a story there ?
There is. Sole survivor of an "incedent" (airplane crash) many years ago. I don't talk about it much - try to not remember it. It's one of the reasons I fly upfront in F or J - it gives me the sense I'm not in plane and makes it easier. Took a while to be able to fly again - big surprise. Don't ask why we flew rouge and not J in AC to MBJ ( it wasn't rouge when we booked)and it was Mrs ACS idea to give Y a go for a short flight. Wasn't half bad. In fact was such bad service

Last edited by aircrashsurvivor; Mar 16, 2014 at 8:13 am
Old Mar 16, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
There is. Sole survivor of an "incedent" (airplane crash) . I don't talk about it much - try to not remember it. It's one of the reasons I fly upfront in F or J - it gives me the sense I'm not in plane and makes it easier. Took a while to be able to fly again - big surprise. Don't ask why we flew rouge and not J in AC to MBJ ( it wasn't rouge when we booked)and it was Mrs ACS idea to give Y a go for a short flight. Wasn't half bad. In fact was such bad service
I appreciate your sharing......
.....if you wish to remain anonymous perhaps editing the date of the incident would make it more difficult to identify you. Just an observation.

Last edited by airbus320; Mar 16, 2014 at 8:18 am
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:32 pm

IIRC there was some discussion that YVR-HON may go to Rouge next year. At this time flights are still showing mainline B767 for spring 2015. Anyone know more?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by sp4294
IIRC there was some discussion that YVR-HON may go to Rouge next year. At this time flights are still showing mainline B767 for spring 2015. Anyone know more?
Rouge has had job postings for YVR base for some time now so I expect them to get a number of flights in the not too distant future.

Next winter Rouge will have 6 763s, so I'm not sure what they'd do with them if not Hawaii. (This winter/spring is/was/will be YYZ-LAS, YUL-LAS, YYZ-CUN, YYZ-MBJ with 763) so the extra fins they will have by next winter would fit nicely with transitioning all Hawaii ops. However other destinations in the winter like SXM, FLL and MCO could easily take extra 763 capacity so perhaps Hawaii won't switch over end of 2014. Who knows.

On a related note, the first Rouge winglet 763 fin 633 was ferried QPG-ICN-YYZ and landed this morning... surprised no pics of it yet.

EDIT: Found one. Photo @TomPodolec

Last edited by winnipegrev; Mar 16, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I found the same thing with YVR-OGG. I booked on WS because I don't trust them to not go Rogue this route. And WS has afternoon flights on the way back.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:56 am

[QUOTE=winnipegrev;22536048]
On a related note, the first Rouge winglet 763 fin 633 was ferried QPG-ICN-YYZ and landed this morning... surprised no pics of it yet.

Are they all being refurbished (so to speak) with the winglets? Why just now? Mainline could have realized some significant cost savings had this been done earlier, no?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:12 am

Are they all being refurbished (so to speak) with the winglets? Why just now? Mainline could have realized some significant cost savings had this been done earlier, no?
I would imagine that before the Rogue concept was hatched the plan was to get rid of the 767s as the 787s arrived - not much point refurbishing them if you are just going to get rid of them.

Now that AC has decided to keep the 767s (and take a huge gamble adding massive amounts of capacity to their ops) - then the decision was made to go with the winglets / cramped interiors etc
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by winnipegrev

On a related note, the first Rouge winglet 763 fin 633 was ferried QPG-ICN-YYZ and landed this morning... surprised no pics of it yet.......
IIRC, was Fin 633 not one of the first,if not the first 763 that AC refurbished to the pod configuration?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Sopwith
I found the same thing with YVR-OGG. I booked on WS because I don't trust them to not go Rogue this route. And WS has afternoon flights on the way back.
Interesting perspective - the many times I've gone to the islands, I've always appreciated the redeye return as it gives a final entire day in paradise. Also, afternoon exHawaii really limits connections for anyone east of YYC, no? (Outside YYZ, of course)

Has to be weighed against the real cost, install, and maintenance of them. It's not a gimme - or we'd see all operators lining up

Originally Posted by BrotherBranwell
Now that AC has decided to keep the 767s (and take a huge gamble adding massive amounts of capacity to their ops) - then the decision was made to go with the winglets / cramped interiors etc
Can't remember the Rouge routes but any added efficiency the winglets deliver to these (now) heavier 767s would be welcome on ATHYYZ, CDGYVR (if announced) etc
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:37 am

Deleted - wrong thread.

Last edited by Clipper801; Mar 17, 2014 at 8:40 am Reason: Deleted - wrong thread.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:28 am

In 2013 Aviation Partners Boeing announced AC placed orders for 8 sets of winglets with options for 12 more, so likely the 20 763s going to Rouge will all have them. I'd expect 691/692 will get winglets when they go in for mods at the end of summer (adding seats with power/USB to match the others etc).

I believe the 763s were supposed to get winglets/new 777-style interiors as part of the 777/787 deal in 2005 but with the failed ACPA contract negotiations, Boeing reworked the contract when AC signed the 2nd time.

The 763s were supposed to start leaving in 2010... the creeping delays on the 787 are probably the reason AC never installed winglets. Who would have known they would get the plane 4 years late - and Rouge is a relatively new idea too.

Originally Posted by acysb87
IIRC, was Fin 633 not one of the first,if not the first 763 that AC refurbished to the pod configuration?

Probably among them, 636 was first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.