Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Best 767-300 Business seats for couple?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 767-300 Business seats for couple?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Scenario # 1 (Outbound flight)
(Them) "But we're not really sitting together, we're a couple you know!"

Scenario # 2 (Return flight)
(Me) "I see you're separated by the wall. May I assist in getting you seating in closer proximity to one another??"

(Them) "Naw. We've been on a two-week Mediterranean Cruise together. It's fine. Don't worry. It's only 9 hours"!
^^ Too funny!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by todd-r
We prefer 2 'A' seats (i.e., 1A/2A or 2A/3A).
+1

This is our preferred arrangement on the XM'd aircraft. Less traffic than on the starboard side and easy to stick one's head over the partition for a quick word if needed.

That said - to me the Pods are all about isolation and privacy.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:54 pm

Best Exec. First seats to London?

Two of us flying on miles exec. first on AC 767-300 Toronto to London late May, returning early June on same plane type.

What would be the best seats for a couple? I understand there's a new design coming?

I'd like to select the seats early so we can be close, but the seat-guru layout looks strange.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: A Few
I would choose 8FK (assuming 8K is not blocked for pilot rest) for a couple. Row 8 on the 767 has extra space and privacy. The pods are not the best for couples.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:08 pm

No new design will go onto the 763s, they are starting to pull even the XM'd 763s to Rouge starting in January.

If anything, your flight could become something non-763 - 333, 787?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
One in front of the other is probably best. 767 pods are not made for couples.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
One in front of the other is probably best. 767 pods are not made for couples.
I think AC's seat chart is wrong as it show seats on either side of the aisle are side by side and good for couples. I think they are staggered.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...7-300erxm.html

It seems the left row would give more privacy as you face the back of the centre row so perhaps sitting behind each other is better.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
We fly the XM'd 767 pods often , and as a couple prefer the "A" seats mid cabin.....say3,4 A
The traffic is less so to the Lav.....as it is just usually the couple of folks directly behind you.
The seats/pods are actually not as angled as they appear on the seat map chart. They are rather forward facing.
I don't agree with the last row in J as potentially quiet. There has been many a flight when there have been some wee ones in the first row in Y....in some distress. A few rows into the J cabin provides a bit of a buffer.
ALWAYS brings ear plugs regardless of seating. They can block out the drone of the engines....even if everyone is mute around you.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by pwrshift
I think AC's seat chart is wrong as it show seats on either side of the aisle are side by side and good for couples. I think they are staggered.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...7-300erxm.html

It seems the left row would give more privacy as you face the back of the centre row so perhaps sitting behind each other is better.
There is a wall running along the backs of the seats to the right of the left aisle,
so that the A side is completely isolated - no direct access to the other seats.

The right aisle serves the right window seats and the middle seats.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:36 pm

Thanks for your input...to get a better sleep I booked A 2&3 for the night flight to London and 3 F&K for the return daytime flight.

I noticed that these seats on UA miles would cost $10,000 each if booked online with AC. Does anybody really pay 10 Grand to go to London on AC?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Hi All,

Flying in C with my partner soon. What would you guys recommend as the best two seats from the options below? My preference was to take two seats in A but they are all occupied. Would two seats one behind each other in K be best or should I take 8F and 8K? Most important thing to me is privacy from other passengers, I would prefer not to be able to see any passengers other than my partner from my seat. it is a night flight so talking to my partner is not really important and seemingly not really an option with air canada business anyway.

Old Oct 9, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Hi All,

Flying in C with my partner soon. What would you guys recommend as the best two seats from the options below? My preference was to take two seats in A but they are all occupied. Would two seats one behind each other in K be best or should I take 8F and 8K? Most important thing to me is privacy from other passengers, I would prefer not to be able to see any passengers other than my partner from my seat. it is a night flight so talking to my partner is not really important and seemingly not really an option with air canada business anyway.

Row 8 is very private. 8FK are aligned and look at each other. Based on your stated preferences, 8FK is the way to go.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Flying YYZ-IST as a couple. 8K is blocked (presumably for pilot rest). I booked 7/8A for now. Is that a good option or should I go for FK in another row?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by doctor15
Flying YYZ-IST as a couple. 8K is blocked (presumably for pilot rest). I booked 7/8A for now. Is that a good option or should I go for FK in another row?
Depends how close you want to be to your travel companion. In F/K one row is slightly ajar tothe other so you're not directly across from each other.
Personally, I prefer A, one in front of the other (or maybe a seat or two depending on the day!).
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by doctor15

Thanks!
8K is indeed blocked for Pilot crew rest. 2 windows (7A/8A) or 2 across from each other (F/K)? Only you can decide. 8A seems to be a preferred J/C seat on this aircraft amongst frequent travellers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.