Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Best 767-300 Business seats for couple?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find anything when I searched.
Booked BCN-YUL for a friend and his wife.
Looks like FK since they are angled towards each other.
Any row/seat recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
With the 763, it is not ideal for couples as it is still a bit "far" apart and you would have to talk loud. Your other option is to take 2 seats back to back.

On the 777, the 2 middle is ideal since the wall in the middle can go down, but you still have to both turn your neck inwards.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
With the 763's operated to BCN it's less than "not ideal" since you will probably get a Dirty Bird. No lie-flat, expect essentially the same as Air Transat's "Club" seating with no IFE but maybe a bit more pitch. See the fine print here: http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...7-300erxm.html

Get a refund if you can.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Souvlaki
With the 763's operated to BCN it's less than "not ideal" since you will probably get a Dirty Bird. No lie-flat, expect essentially the same as Air Transat's "Club" seating with no IFE but maybe a bit more pitch. See the fine print here: http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...7-300erxm.html

Get a refund if you can.
Not necessarily. Based on this years experience, BCN-YUL started up with a non-xm'd 763, but operated from June right through till September with an XM'd 763 offering Executive First & Economy service.

Getting back to the OP - "F/K" seats would be your best bet. While not illustrated in seating charts the "A" seat is separated by a partition running the length of the cabin.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC 75K

Get a refund if you can.
Not that it couldn't change, but if Executive First is available/for sale that means the aircraft operates with proper J equipment.

They've been moving around the flights and there we're some Amigo destinations operated with XM'd equipment this year.

To the OP's question, I usually go for one seat in front of the other.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Not necessarily.....
OK, but it's unforgivable IMO that you can't count on the product, and that the price is the same no matter what hard J product you get.

I'd still get a refund or change itinerary to go via FRA, MUC, ZRH, GVA or anywhere else you can go so as not to go long-haul on AC out of BCN.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K
OK, but it's unforgivable IMO that you can't count on the product, and that the price is the same no matter what hard J product you get.
No it's not. Comfort Plus is not sold as a J class product. For those flights, J is zeroed out. So, if a J fare is purchased and the equipment is changed, a refund would be due.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I'll do 2FK or 3FK for them.

OK, but it's unforgivable IMO that you can't count on the product, and that the price is the same no matter what hard J product you get. I'd still get a refund or change itinerary to go via FRA, MUC, ZRH, GVA or anywhere else you can go so as not to go long-haul on AC out of BCN.
It's a LifeMiles award ticket, not for me and the only convenient return option available on that date. They've never flown anything but Y, so even the old J will be a treat, I guess. On the other hand I booked them YUL-ZRH in LX Business and then MXP-BCN in SQ 77W Business. So they may be spoiled by the time they get to AC.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport

I'd still get a refund or change itinerary to go via FRA, MUC, ZRH, GVA or anywhere else you can go so as not to go long-haul on AC out of BCN.
Completely incorrect. Flights with Comfort Plus are not sold as J and priced accordingly at Y levels with a premium for the big seat option.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
As a couple would you not prefer to snuggle up on either side of the plane in the two seats. Raise the middle arm rest and enjoy a pleasant flight, watch the "air" submarines races and perhaps join the mile high club?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Completely incorrect. Flights with Comfort Plus are not sold as J and priced accordingly at Y levels with a premium for the big seat option.
Apologies then. I recall some problems not that long ago with amigos being put on some routes at J pricing but either I'm mistaken or it's old news.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by SFO777
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find anything when I searched.
Booked BCN-YUL for a friend and his wife.
Looks like FK since they are angled towards each other.
Any row/seat recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry to sound unkind.. but is it so difficult to sit one behind the other? Do they need to sit facing each other or next to each other during the entire flight?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:37 pm

We prefer 2 'A' seats (i.e., 1A/2A or 2A/3A).
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Sorry to sound unkind.. but is it so difficult to sit one behind the other? Do they need to sit facing each other or next to each other during the entire flight?
Scenario # 1 (Outbound flight)
(Them) "But we're not really sitting together, we're a couple you know!"

Scenario # 2 (Return flight)
(Me) "I see you're separated by the wall. May I assist in getting you seating in closer proximity to one another??"

(Them) "Naw. We've been on a two-week Mediterranean Cruise together. It's fine. Don't worry. It's only 9 hours"!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I'll do 2FK or 3FK for them.

It's a LifeMiles award ticket, not for me and the only convenient return option available on that date. They've never flown anything but Y, so even the old J will be a treat, I guess. On the other hand I booked them YUL-ZRH in LX Business and then MXP-BCN in SQ 77W Business. So they may be spoiled by the time they get to AC.
Hmm, you should have booked the reverse route if you want to stay friends with them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.