Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

time to lobby AC on erosion of Aeroplan E/SE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2001, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Just floating an idea here:

There are so many smart people on this board. The discussions -- not just limited to AC, but Canadian travel issues -- are intelligent and helpful, making it possibly the best board in FT. (Everyone take a bow.)

That said, is there a way we can organize an electronic/paper campaign to target AC and convice it to stop eroding E and SE benefits?

Surely, the group here represents an important customer for the airline.

As many have already said, you gotta wonder if it's worth it anymore.

Thoughts anyone?
Old Dec 19, 2001, 7:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Judging by the failure of 1000s on FT to rescind US carriers changes, I don't think we would have any success with an even more intransigent head office. I think the only solution is the bottom line one--vote with your feet.

If Aeroplan is seen more as a profit center than a loyalty center then AC will lose more on AC operations but may gain more on Aeroplan operations. If that's what they want, I think the overall effect for AC will be negative. They probably think otherwise and are feeling invincible now.

The only thing that will change that is flying/driving/training by alternate means. I started this already with a business charter for 8 people this week and I will be driving rather than flying to Edmonton tomorrow. It all adds up.

[This message has been edited by BlondeBomber (edited 12-19-2001).]
Old Dec 19, 2001, 7:39 am

Air Canada isn't going to do a **** thing if their customers scream and yell. You think they give a ****? They really don't care....c'mon, we all know that. Their arrogance is stunning. People can jump up and down all they want, but AC really doesn't give a ****, because *arrogance* is the defining attribute of their corporate culture.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 7:40 am

Wow! Reminds me of that line from 2001: A Space Odyssey -- "Look at all those stars!"

Didn't realize I cussed so much. Sorry!
Old Dec 19, 2001, 8:07 am

It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy . .. . look at how bad things are, lets cut more and more.

Old Dec 19, 2001, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A useless venture...AC doesn't listen to its customers. It's time to lobby with your feet and walk down to WS if it is available.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 10:37 am
Original Member

I have not been on a revenue AC flight since Nov 26th, and have none booked into the future yet.

Where I would have normally flown, I have or will travel by the following means:
Kingston-Toronto twice in Via Rail First Class
Toronto-Salt Lake City for Olympics with America West Airlines

I plan to continue such action for 2002
Old Dec 19, 2001, 11:35 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Some publicity in the media showing former loyal frequent AC pax trying (and liking) Westjet might be an innovative way to get back at AC.

Headline: "Air Canada changes drive away frequent flyers".

Anyone know any travel reporters?

1D
Old Dec 19, 2001, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Anyone know any travel reporters?

1D[/B][/QUOTE]

I suspect our friend from the Globe lurks here frequently so such an article may get published. I also think we have to have the changes in writing first and not just in the form of rumour and speculation.

Old Dec 19, 2001, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Part of the reason I favoured the Onex proposal for the AC/CP merger was that it would have really shaken up the management in Air Canada.

Maybe there needs to be some shuffling done to introduce some fresh perspective to the company.

FewMiles..

------------------
[ FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web ]
[ Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage ] [ Unofficial oneworld Info Desk ]
Old Dec 19, 2001, 12:06 pm
Suspended

For those of us stuck in a city with NO alternative... we have to fly AC. YHZ is down to one carrier between it and YYZ. If we don't like it, drive 2.5 hrs and catch Westjet to Hamilton. Sigh!

AC knows they have a monopoly and works it to their advantage.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 12:08 pm

Not for long ... West Jet is planning to expand into Halifax next year.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 12:09 pm

Air Canada is ruining it for themselves. I spent close to 80k for travel on AC in 2000 and am at approximately 40k for this year - another 20k going to other carriers. Like many others, I am exploring new ways and I hope that any lurking brass sits back and thinks about they could have done with this money. But, alas my FT friends, we can not all make a mass exodous from Air Canada. If we do, the taxpayers will get stuffed with the bill and I can not afford to pay any more taxes!
Old Dec 19, 2001, 1:40 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Don't waste your time & efforts!! It's not going to change anything. It's better to spend your precious time researching what your options are for next year.
Old Dec 19, 2001, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are right Empress. Energies are best invested finding options for next year. b****ing may make me feel good but getting even with an alternate solution makes me feel even better.

[This message has been edited by airbus320 (edited 12-19-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.