Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Announcing Air Canada Altitude

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nave888
3- When you want a meal from J, the FAs will usually come through the first few rows of Y and offer J meals for purchase. Some nights, that means the difference between a chicken meal or a snack mix for dinner....
Huh! I didn't know this occurs but that would explain seeing Y FAs come up to J and bring back some J meals into Y... how much do they sell for in Y?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 5:41 am

AC boarding system is pretty good and simple now, I'm guessing it's going to be how they do it with new levels as well

Silent pre-board People who have advised they need assistance.

E and higher, *G, & J
People with SMALL children, ( not freaking 10 year olds to teenagers )
By Row
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Other Suggestions for Changes

1. Aeroplan booking fee through agent be deleted - if not for all customers, than at least for a high tier of customers. For complex itineraries, one needs an agent. Even for simple itineraries, not all flights display on the web site, and one needs an agent.

2. On My Way - perhaps it should be made free for the higher tiers.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Huh! I didn't know this occurs but that would explain seeing Y FAs come up to J and bring back some J meals into Y... how much do they sell for in Y?
This was introduced months ago. If there are surplus J meals FAs are supposed to make an announcement to solicit their sale. Though I've never been in the back cabin when this happens, a friend of mine visiting a few weeks ago mentioned she had one on her way to YYZ.

Wish AC would be more revealing of what that additional selection benefit will be. I know UA Plats and 1Ks get 5 or 10 (respectively) inflight alcoholic drink vouchers each year. And AA ExecPlats if not upgraded to F or C, get free alcoholic drinks and items from the BoB when seated in coach. Is this where AC is heading...including surplus J meals? Not sure I'd select this given the two other more valuable (to me) options.

Of course, Plats, 1Ks and ExecPlats in those programs don't pay fees for booking with an agent, making changes or cancelling award tickets. However, given the split between AC and AE, such a benefit would cost AC a huge amount of real money, so don't look for that benefit. (A real downside of the corporate split is that AC cannot offer much flexibility when it comes to awards since it costs real dollars, unlike other airlines/programs who see it as a ledger transfer.)
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by maradori

I can definitely foresee AC doing priority boarding with 50k/75k/SE/J/*G, then followed by 35k/25k/*S
There will be no changes to priority boarding (at least not in 2013). The recorded announcement doesn't even need to change.

"Business Class, Super Elite, Elite and Star Alliance Gold members are invited to board now or at their leisure using the priority boarding lane."

That covers all Elite levels (35, 50, 75).
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mileageking
priority boarding should first be elderly and family with children, followed by SE/J, followed by all E/*G.
Not really. That was the old system and the new one seems to work better.

They now silently board people who need assistance, than priority, then families with *SMALL* children.

The one point that I would agree with is, first SE/J then other priority.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
i like the new system, I just wish the priority lane went all the way down the jetway to the aircraft door for those times i am not at the gate when the announcement is made.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by MQS007
i like the new system, I just wish the priority lane went all the way down the jetway to the aircraft door for those times i am not at the gate when the announcement is made.
+1, and we deserve priority disembarkation too!!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: AC*E 50K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
They charge $13 for a J meal in the back. I was sitting in the 2nd row of economy last week LAS-YYZ, I asked the FA if they had meals available, she went forward to check and came back with an offer for any of the three choices. You only get the hot meal portion, not the salad/bread/dessert, but still worth it compared to the other things on the menu. They do list this (with price) on the menu card.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
2. On My Way - perhaps it should be made free for the higher tiers.
SE concierges almost give this, with the exception that they won't readily book you on non *Alliance flights.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by skemsley
They charge $13 for a J meal in the back. I was sitting in the 2nd row of economy last week LAS-YYZ, I asked the FA if they had meals available, she went forward to check and came back with an offer for any of the three choices. You only get the hot meal portion, not the salad/bread/dessert, but still worth it compared to the other things on the menu. They do list this (with price) on the menu card.
I've never taken advantage of this offer myself, but I'm a little surprised they don't give you the salad/bread/dessert as well. How much can that stuff (especially the bread and small salad) really cost? I feel like a full "Executive Class meal" could be marketed as a much better product to sell. Charge $15 if they have to; still seems like better value.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Probably because they board the exact number of trays, that include the
bread/desert/salad, and only have excess main courses.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by maradori
+1, and we deserve priority disembarkation too!!
I think Air Canada should team up with some evangelical movement, as I am always amazed how people who require wheelchairs to get on the plane hop up and rush to the door to get off. It's a miracle. Maybe spending a few hours at 32,000 feet puts one closer to their creator helps with the cure.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:12 am

Only after posting the above did I see this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-legally.html

Maybe it was a miracle that I found it.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Probably because they board the exact number of trays, that include the
bread/desert/salad, and only have excess main courses.
That makes perfect sense...haha.

Originally Posted by MQS007
Only after posting the above did I see this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-legally.html

Maybe it was a miracle that I found it.
Once, while waiting to board AC8 at HKG, I saw a fleet of ~20 wheelchairs lined up for priority boarding. I suspect that more than one of those would fit the description above. The scene looked so ridiculous I actually found it quite amusing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.