Community
Wiki Posts
Search

free upgrade on other *A airlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:30 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Yeah, op-ups are super-rare on AC/LH and most other *A airlines. EK, on the other hand... If you have any status with them, you are even likely to get an op-up.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
The First Class bit, by an SE makes the whole thing unbelievable.
There is no way a SE doesn't understand the difference between first and business.
Well, I'm an SE, and have never once been in first - anywhere, on any airline. I've read many disparaging comments on FT about the difference between first and business, and I know there is a difference between LH's business (which I know is lower than AC J) and LH's first (which, from a distance, looks very similar to AC's J) ... does that mean that I don't understand the difference between first and business? I'm just happy to get an AC J.

(Right now I'm in the SHA lounge, about to board a CA flight to PEK with nothing but Y to look forward too...)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canopus27
... I know there is a difference between LH's business (which I know is lower than AC J) and LH's first (which, from a distance, looks very similar to AC's J) ... does that mean that I don't understand the difference between first and business?
Sure. Very similar to AC's J.

Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by mileageking
TG601 or 607?
TG601
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA (G), AA(P),AP (SE), hhonors (D), marriott rewards (G), Priority Club (G),National Emerald(EE)
:-) sorry for using wrong terminology. I guess I have to be more precise.

So, on AC yyc-nrt, I got invited to the section where the seats converts to bed, the food is free and better then in economy, and where there is little to no waiting line for restroom. Funny thing is I tried to use eUpgrades before the flight and my fare class didn't allow for it. No, the flight wasn't full at all.

On LH, the upgrade I got was from economy to business. Not first.

I hope this add clarity. Anyway, I just wanted to see if this was frequent for *A partner to upgrade member of a partner program. Thanks for those who answered!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Oh TreeHug you are so lucky!!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:14 am

I have been E for a little over a year (got early E last summer). Since then I have been op-uped on SK, US (TATL), and AC (twice, although once to Comfort Plus). On two of those occasions I was travelling with Mr yyzdub who was also upgraded.
FWIW 3 of those flights were into or out of DUB, a city that doesn't see a lot of *Gs (relative to other cities of its size, I mean)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I received an op-up to first yesterday afternoon, on an oversold UA flight. Too bad it was only a shortie (ORD-YYZ).
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:35 am

Had an upgrade on LX Zurich / Montreal last week to F.

Was flying a super low P fare
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Symmetre
I received an op-up to first yesterday afternoon, on an oversold UA flight. Too bad it was only a shortie (ORD-YYZ).
You must have gotten a free beverage at least and some chips perhaps?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
You must have gotten a free beverage at least and some chips perhaps?
Depends on the crew and whether the latest Us or People just came out.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
i have flown out of NRT 4 times in the last year. I used e-ups twice. been given complimentary u/g the other 2 times, including once on a Tango ticket. once on the ground and once in the plane.

never been op-upped on star alliance . .count that as your lucky day.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
You are SE and don't know that AC doesn't have First Class?
I used to think this way too. After talking to more colleagues and clients that are also SE's they don't know as much as us "airline buffs" if we can call ourselves that. A colleague of mine has been E for 15 years and I showed him to use an e-upgrade two weeks ago..he never used it, had no idea how or that he even had them. My boss is an SE who never choose any priviliges, took the default cuz he didn't look or have the time too. I've talked to SE's and asked them which aircraft they are on and they said the one with 3 seats on each side...
I guess my point is that not all SE's are freaks like us and some have no clue what's going on around them, they're just getting from A to B, unlike us who dissect every single second of the airport, airplane and hotel experience...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by SFO777
Sure. Very similar to AC's J.
LOL!!! Perhaps he was being sarcastic???!!!!

Or maybe I should be flying AC J more often? Why bother looking for LH F and LX F when AC J can be had for 30% less?? With tons of availability to LHR too

Thanks for the laugh

EDIT: That picture with a mountain full of caviar made me lol even harder
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by canopus27
(Right now I'm in the SHA lounge, about to board a CA flight to PEK with nothing but Y to look forward too...)
I was at the CZ lounge at SHA new terminal on Sunday and I was thoroughly impressed, is the CA lounge also amazing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.