FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   free upgrade on other *A airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1382076-free-upgrade-other-airlines.html)

tremhug Aug 28, 2012 6:49 pm

free upgrade on other *A airlines

I recently flew to Tokyo NRT on Air Canada on a fare that could not be used for upgrades. Since there were empty seats in 1st class, the flight director came to see me and asked if I'd like to get an upgrade...which I of course accepted. Since this is AC, I supposed my SuperElite status made me the lucky one that day.

Now, this weekend, I came back from Chennai on LH. MAA-FRA was on economy seats, but, while waiting at the gate, the LH agent called me and asked if I would like to get an upgrade. Is that something common to get upgrade from a *A partner on which I have no status other than star-alliance gold?

Thanks

djjaguar64 Aug 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Good to hear that you got upgraded but we can only speculate as to why.

lcohen999 Aug 28, 2012 7:07 pm

My guess is he stuck a horseshoe in a very uncomfortable place before his flight. (Post security, of course)

djjaguar64 Aug 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 19212692)
my guess is he stuck a horseshoe in a very uncomfortable place before his flight. (post security, of course)

LMFAO

OMG I almost pissed in my shorts,.

:D:D:D

Cozmo456 Aug 28, 2012 7:35 pm

LH is very stingy with their upgrades. They reached low in their OP-UP list to get to you.

Your lucky day.

FlyerTalker683455 Aug 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by tremhug (Post 19212574)
I recently flew to Tokyo NRT on Air Canada on a fare that could not be used for upgrades. Since there were empty seats in 1st class, the flight director came to see me and asked if I'd like to get an upgrade...which I of course accepted. Since this is AC, I supposed my SuperElite status made me the lucky one that day.

Now, this weekend, I came back from Chennai on LH. MAA-FRA was on economy seats, but, while waiting at the gate, the LH agent called me and asked if I would like to get an upgrade. Is that something common to get upgrade from a *A partner on which I have no status other than star-alliance gold?

Thanks

Does your cologne contain pheromones? keep using it!

hearna Aug 28, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks

Upgrade to first? So this story was from 15 years ago? :P

-AC does not have a first class; and if an op-up is to be had; yes it would be your SE status that got it.

SFO777 Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm

You are SE and don't know that AC doesn't have First Class?

mendy7511 Aug 28, 2012 9:08 pm

It seems to be a Cardinal sin calling AC's executive first cabin "first class".
FT should really update their T&C to first offense you get a warning and if you do it again, you get booted from FT.

IluvSQ Aug 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Last week I was flying TG HKG-BKK in J class, I was nicely surprised to get called
aside on boarding and be presented with a F boarding pass. The flight was overbooked,
so op-ups were in order, it was nice to see the *G counted for something with Thai.

mileageking Aug 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 19213683)
Last week I was flying TG HKG-BKK in J class, I was nicely surprised to get called
aside on boarding and be presented with a F boarding pass. The flight was overbooked,
so op-ups were in order, it was nice to see the *G counted for something with Thai.

TG601 or 607?

deadinabsentia Aug 28, 2012 10:56 pm

The First Class bit, by an SE makes the whole thing unbelievable.
There is no way a SE doesn't understand the difference between first and business.

mileageking Aug 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Now, this weekend, I came back from Chennai on LH. MAA-FRA was on economy seats, but, while waiting at the gate, the LH agent called me and asked if I would like to get an upgrade.

Being an SE, where you upgraded from Y to F?

DJ Bitterbarn Aug 29, 2012 3:07 am

I want to believe that this happened, as I've also been op-upped on a *A partner for an oversold flight (along with a +1 who had no status).

But the flight really was oversold, right? Please tell me the flight was oversold. Because otherwise an image macro is probably in order...

HyperDude Aug 29, 2012 3:57 am

I have been flying about once a month between BLR and YYZ with LH/AC for the last two years. I have been upgraded exactly once on the LH legs.