Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

International Flights from Edmonton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Flights from Edmonton

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by tcook052
Two posts actually:here and here if we're being accurate.
Well said. ^
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What I find odd about AC is that they do zero marketing here and somehow expect results. I see AC marketing when I travel to other places like Sapporo Japan of all places in their subway but not here in Edmonton. Why do they expect planes to just fill themselves? Their competitors are marketing their European flights by various means incl social media. AC, nothing. They give us more service to their hubs so we can connect to everywhere. I am flying AC to London in March because it's non stop and it was a good value. If it meant connecting I would have flown non stop to Europe and connected there (Icelandair at that time of year).
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Any locals in EDM hearing rumblings KLM will keep summer freq on YEGAMS at 3*w (i.e., not add the 4th weekly in June). And the possibility W16 ops will be suspended entirely?

Service cuts to any Canadian city are never a good thing. Just wondering if the locals are hearing anything similar?
Just the opposite as I heard KL was in the process of hiring a rep. who'll be based in YEG which you wouldn't think they would do if they were altering their service plans.
Sales Manager Central and Western Canada for Delta Air Lines/KLM/Air France/Alitalia I lunched with this week simply laughed at this rumour you keep repeating. No truth to it whatsoever he said.
Track record of local EDM gang predicting YEG pull-downs isn't all that accurate anyways.
Nah, I was thinking more about the hundreds of millions in project spending cuts/deferrals, the associated reduction in headcount, the shrinking numbers at YEG YoY
Two posts actually:here and here if we're being accurate.
No truth to the rumour eh tcook052?
You and the long-title guy Sales Manager Central and Western Canada for Delta Air Lines/KLM/Air France/Alitalia had a big dismissive laugh at my notion KLM were contemplating reducing/culling some of the YEG service? Classic.
Guess the Sales Manager Central and Western Canada for Delta Air Lines/KLM/Air France/Alitalia is not as keyed into internal rumblings and route reviews at KLM as some guy in Ontario.
Thinking you'll be the one picking up the tab at your next lunch with the Sales Manager Central and Western Canada for Delta Air Lines/KLM/Air France/Alitalia
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Thinking you'll be the one picking up the tab at your next lunch with the Sales Manager Central and Western Canada for Delta Air Lines/KLM/Air France/Alitalia
Lol ^
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
No truth to the rumour eh tcook052?
This is a delay in the start of the route, not downgauging.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch...tml?rel=847766

“We regret this delay, and together with Edmonton International Airport, remain fully committed to a successful launch of the Edmonton-Amsterdam route,” Jean-Noel Rault, vice-president and general manager of Air France KLM Canada.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:09 pm

This is a delay in the start of the route, not downgauging.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch...tml?rel=847766

“We regret this delay, and together with Edmonton International Airport, remain fully committed to a successful launch of the Edmonton-Amsterdam route,” Jean-Noel Rault, vice-president and general manager of Air France KLM Canada.
Yeah .... for now it's a delayed launch. I was waaayy off. So silly. Thankfully you were quick to point out how crazy the notion was.
Still can't believe the internal discussions at KLM about the risks and viability of YEG never came up at your lunch with long-title-guy a couple months ago. Hope the laugh was good ... Is he still laughing now?

Thinking you won't be posting any lunch time laugh stories on this going forward. Can't wait to see the spin if KLM scraps W16 plans to YEG
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Yeah .... for now it's a delayed launch. I was waaayy off. So silly. Thankfully you were quick to point out how crazy the notion was.
Still can't believe the internal discussions at KLM about the risks and viability of YEG never came up at your lunch with long-title-guy a couple months ago. Hope the laugh was good ... Is he still laughing now?

Thinking you won't be posting any lunch time laugh stories on this going forward. Can't wait to see the spin if KLM scraps W16 plans to YEG
Your keen interest in both my dining plans and future KLM service is appreciated.

Last edited by tcook052; Mar 18, 2015 at 10:44 pm
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: AA DL LH BA KL AM
Confirmed by KLM it was just a delayed start by a couple of weeks as a result of the union dispute. Start date is confirmed for May 19/15 and increasing to 4 on June 22/15.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I am pleased to see that KL has settled things with the union. ^
Old May 7, 2015, 12:59 pm

I wonder if Greater MTL Airport Authority will follow the trailed blazed by EIAA when announcing FI's new service to YUL?

Believe YUL is confirmed for FI now. Not sure of frequency if anyone is aware? Assuming 4-5/wk
Old May 18, 2015, 12:47 pm

They announced Chicago but not Montreal. Usually they announce all of their new destinations at the same time.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA DL LH BA KL AM
Nope, FI has not announced YUL I don't expect them to aswell.

Looking at the GDS it looks like the KLM flights are overselling? I thought the carrier was going to up gauge the aircraft based on demand?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by 7E7
As much as I would like to it I am doubtful. I understand they have spent lots of money courting Asian carriers and lots of trips to developing routes and Port Alberta over the last decade. Nothing to show for it yet.

While YYC consistently gets new service, including cargo and has the momentum, including well developed industry around airport to support it.
Air China Cargo will start 777 service to Edmonton.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...622/story.html
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:22 am

From the Edmonton Journal link....
“Air China Cargo’s confidence in Edmonton, as its inaugural Canadian entry market, ....”

The truth....
ACC has been flying to YVR for about a month now.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:48 pm

Your keen interest in both my dining plans and future KLM service is appreciated.
And I just spit my water all over my computer screen.

Thanks for that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.