Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

International Flights from Edmonton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Flights from Edmonton

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:10 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by tracon

The truth....
ACC has been flying to YVR for about a month now.
Are you sure? There is no press release on YVR's website announcing it. A google search for Air China Cargo Vancouver also doesn't reveal any announcement regarding this. The Air China cargo website shows YVR as a shipping point only (likely for cargo to travel on the passenger aircraft) but not a specific cargo route destination. Correct me if I'm wrong... I'm interested to know if a news article got that point wrong.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:31 pm

I've seen it with my own eyes.
It may have been a few extra flights during berry picking season.
I'll try and find some route information on the flights.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jbb
Are you sure? There is no press release on YVR's website announcing it. A google search for Air China Cargo Vancouver also doesn't reveal any announcement regarding this. The Air China cargo website shows YVR as a shipping point only (likely for cargo to travel on the passenger aircraft) but not a specific cargo route destination. Correct me if I'm wrong... I'm interested to know if a news article got that point wrong.
Originally Posted by tracon
I've seen it with my own eyes.
It may have been a few extra flights during berry picking season.
I'll try and find some route information on the flights.
I'd trust tracon on things like this
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA DL LH BA KL AM
ACC does serve YVR, but these are only seasonal cargo charters primarily to deliver Cherries to China.

These are now over for the season.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:32 am

The activity in this thread when airlines slash/cut YEG flying seems a lot quieter than it is when incentivied airlines add service to YEG.
Odd.

Perhaps AC's decision to pass on T/B and reduce TATL flying exYEG wasn't as dumb and short-sighted as some might like us to believe.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
The activity in this thread when airlines slash/cut YEG flying seems a lot quieter than it is when incentivied airlines add service to YEG.
Odd.

Perhaps AC's decision to pass on T/B and reduce TATL flying exYEG wasn't as dumb and short-sighted as some might like us to believe.
Nothing better to do than pretend to know what's going on here?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PlanetYYZ
ACC does serve YVR, but these are only seasonal cargo charters primarily to deliver Cherries to China.

These are now over for the season.
Seriously? A few cargo charters to delived cherries to China?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by ProudEdmontonian
Nothing better to do than pretend to know what's going on here?
I'll keep pretending I know what's going on out there.
And you keep pretending you locals know yield and demand for flights exYEG better than AC ....... (and, for that matter, UA and AA).

Guess you only come around here to tell the forum about all the new services YEG is getting and all the $ AC are leaving on the table . . .
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:08 pm

YEG's international numbers are 15% YTD. Even with AC's reductions.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by TheGreatestX
YEG's international numbers are 15% YTD. Even with AC's reductions.
Up from 13% increase in 2014 and AC flights that are left are packed,

A friend and his wife wanted a direct flight to LHR and I explained AC decided to reduce YEG to 3 a week. They decided if nothing on the Wed, Fri, Sun they would go KLM or Iceland .

They ended up booking AC on Sept 16th, Flex out Tango return on Oct 2 ( no tango outgoing fares left )

$ 2,940 for the 2 of them. Just out of curiosity checked Biz class, only 4 seats left on that flight

So I guess AC decided to reduce seats for YEG while demand grew but at least their planes are full. Must be some sort of new business math
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:09 pm

I'll keep pretending I know what's going on out there.
And you keep pretending you locals know yield and demand for flights exYEG better than AC ....... (and, for that matter, UA and AA).

Guess you only come around here to tell the forum about all the new services YEG is getting and all the $ AC are leaving on the table . . .
I don't come here often because I don't patronize the Central Canadian Carrier and have better things to do than read nonsense from know-it-alls.

Last edited by ProudEdmontonian; Aug 17, 2015 at 4:16 pm
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:02 pm

and have better things to do than read nonsense from know-it-alls.
So, you're saying you know how AC reps must have felt reading the threads here about AC's conspiracy/nefarious approach to YEG service.

Last edited by CloudsBelow; Aug 17, 2015 at 6:08 pm
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:13 pm

KLM has boatloads of inventory of YEGAMS for $1,900 (incl tax) each way in Business.
That's not good.
Eh? AC was selling YYZ / YUL / YOW-DEL J on AC/LH for less than $1700 each way a couple of weeks ago. Might still be selling them for that much. If they're making money, why would KL need $1900 for YEG-AMS each way for it to be 'good'?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yulred
Eh? AC was selling YYZ / YUL / YOW-DEL J on AC/LH for less than $1700 each way a couple of weeks ago. Might still be selling them for that much. If they're making money, why would KL need $1900 for YEG-AMS each way for it to be 'good'?
As noted here AC is selling biz seats all the way to S. Africa for $4400 ex YYC so guess they must have "boatloads" of inventory to sell which can't be good.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I don't come here often because I don't patronize the Central Canadian Carrier and have better things to do than read nonsense from know-it-alls.
I don't patronise it either, but I do believe their arguments are stronger than a simple desire to have more air service.
(I mean, if you wanted to live somewhere where there is direct air service to 5 different continents, you could live in LON/HKG/PAR/FRA/LAX/NYC/ZRH or DOH/DXB/JNB if you wanted nonstop service to all 6-by the way, at least in LON, there are people who still do ex EU flights and don't use this 'privilege'.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.