Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Another downgrade - no noodle bowls in J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP

On AC25 yesterday. Not that I miss those bowls all that much

Old Jun 16, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE HHgold
The noodle tastes better!

I'd prefer this than the noodle in AC015, with or without the bowl.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
This noodle variety is an upgraded (yes we use that term in the noodle world as well) over the variety it replaced. On sight, it looks like the contents might be too large for the lacquered noodle bowl.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
This looks/tastes better than the old stuff. Had it on AC15 as well.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I can get this for >$1.20 most of the time including HST at T&T.....
But on AC for devaluing J!!!!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
The Lindor chocolate next to it is also available for about the same price at the grocery store, is this really relevant.

How much did the old bowls cost? It's just noodles and a snack option. How is this a significant devaluation?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Or you can switch to fly UA TPAC, they do not serve noodle soup and you will not be offended. You get a sandwich wrapped in tin foil.

The new AC one is definitely a better variety than the old one. The old one is exactly the same as the one AC sold BOB in North American flights. The challenge is overcoming the lazy FA who would invariable try to convince you that the 2nd meal would be served momentarily. Did I really want a bowl of noodle soup with some dim sum to go with it?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Clipper801
The challenge is overcoming the lazy FA who would invariable try to convince you that the 2nd meal would be served momentarily.
Come on - on 10 tpac J flights on AC I've never been discouraged from hot snack service once... Most of the time many passengers are sleeping so the FAs are happy to chat in the 777 galley/lounge while preparing it.

I am however pissed that both times I had upgraded YYZ-HKG during the partnership with Lah Wah Heen for catering I was downgraded because of the A340 being swapped down.

It would be nice to have some more creative J catering back on long-haul routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.