Wiki Posts
Search

iphone app

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
iphone app

So I just downloaded the AC iphone app and added an AE reward flight I have from YVR to YEG in a few weeks. I was checking it out, and wanted to see my seat, and when i clicked "select seat", all i got was the J cabin, even though I'm in 17D, and on a Y ticket...It seems to let me select a J seat. Is this an IT error or what?? Any ideas?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
Lock in that seat! Mistake or not, may work in your favor.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Continental250K
Lock in that seat! Mistake or not, may work in your favor.
I agree! Lock in the seat and see what happens. act quick!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
Just tried- lets me pick a seat in J, and then says there's some "error" and my request cannot be processed. Meanwhile, I'm still in my original seat in Y....

I think I'll try again tomorrow....wouldn't mind if it worked
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
I believe it is a known error with AE Y bookings. There is another thread in the forum with more detail.

The same has happened to me a few times. I tried for days and days, without success, to swindle a J seat...
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by nave888
So I just downloaded the AC iphone app and added an AE reward flight I have from YVR to YEG in a few weeks. I was checking it out, and wanted to see my seat, and when i clicked "select seat", all i got was the J cabin, even though I'm in 17D, and on a Y ticket...It seems to let me select a J seat. Is this an IT error or what?? Any ideas?
I had the same scenario, since Feb. In my case, I redeemed for J ticket, but this one leg was in Y.

I read on here, in another thread, that you can view the reward seats, but cannot re-select seats...you can only change seats on revenue tickets. Didn't stop me from trying anyway...so, attempted it several times over a period of 3 months, but it never worked for me, always resulting in the error message.

I stopped trying when I finally found an upgrade to J seat when it became available...paid $5 in additional surcharges.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
Actually - i have been noticing this with waitlisted segments on paid tickets. I had a LAX >> YYC >> YYZ routing (it was a cheaper routing when i booked and got the 763 for YYC >> YYZ ) My LAX - YYC segment was confirmed - no problems moving seats, etc. But with the waitlisted segment it game me the J seat chart - i clicked to move seats and even said confirmed seat change...but looked at aircanada.com and no seat change was done...eventually did get the upgrade at the gate though....AC should take tips from the UA app - very useful in every respect....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.