Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Aeroplan Flight Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 8:42 am
Original Poster

New Aeroplan Flight Search

Flight search has changed...I'm sure I'll get used to the new layout but it's annoying right now. My eyes don't know where to look

One nice new feature is to only show flight options that are exclusively in J/F

Unfortunately it still shows phantom LH/LX F availability. I'd rather IT work on that..
Old May 3, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
I noticed the chance too, but you quickly figure things out.

Some quick observations on pluses and minuses, IMO.

+
New look (meh, take it or leave it, but it is fresh for whatever that's worth)
Search and compare up to 5 destinations up front ^
Sort search results by miles, duration, stops, departure or arrival ^
Once selected, the summary on the right show total points and price - no need to click through to $ ^
Ability to change flights selected

Neutral
Availability calendar is still there
Flex date search option (simply brings up availability calendar with results)
Results shown can be toggled between economy and business/first with a drop-down menu
Outbound and inbound flights are shown stack versus side-by-side

-
Cannot select and search by all cabins, must select one or the other (but the drop down toggle fixes this)
Cannot view alternate destination on sidebar (e.g. nearby, sun, adventure, etc.)

I needs to be played around with a bit, but it might make the search experience a bit cleaner. (Notice I don't mention anything about availability or surcharges )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.