Wiki Posts
Search

Is this Reward Booking Legal?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Is this Reward Booking Legal?

I keep trying to input this into the Aeroplan booking engine but it tells me the itinerary is not possible to book. It is:

LHR-ATH (Aug 25)
ATH-HER (Aug 27)
HER-LHR (Sep 1)

All in economy. Lots of options for just LHR-ATH-LHR for these dates but what about the ATH-HER?

Thanks!
Old May 3, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Looks ok.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Yes, it's OK.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Thats what I thought...looks like I am going to be forced to call in! The new redesigned interface on Aeroplan.com doesn't seem to work very well. It won't let me proceed to make the booking and says "NA" for number of miles required.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
Originally Posted by seegs
I keep trying to input this into the Aeroplan booking engine but it tells me the itinerary is not possible to book. It is:

LHR-ATH (Aug 25)
ATH-HER (Aug 27)
HER-LHR (Sep 1)

All in economy. Lots of options for just LHR-ATH-LHR for these dates but what about the ATH-HER?

Thanks!
I don't have access to the paid tools (KVS, ExperFlyer) but when I plug in both legs separately in the ANA tool (Air Nippon - www.ana.co.jp FREE) I can get flights for each of these leg (With Agean).

LHR-ATH
ATH-HER

But not for :
HER-LHR (No Direct Flight)

I suspect you will have to call in to Aeroplan and they should be able to process HER-ATH-LHR for your return.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by InsaneTravel
I don't have access to the paid tools (KVS, ExperFlyer) but when I plug in both legs separately in the ANA tool (Air Nippon - www.ana.co.jp FREE) I can get flights for each of these leg (With Agean).

LHR-ATH
ATH-HER

But not for :
HER-LHR (No Direct Flight)

I suspect you will have to call in to Aeroplan and they should be able to process HER-ATH-LHR for your return.
Yep, there are no direct between HER-LHR. It will be A3 to MUC and LH to LHR or A3 to ATH and connect to A3 to LHR. I think its an IT issue more than anything.

Thanks for checking because I knew this itinerary was legal but the AE site just kept rejecting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.