Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Change fee question...booked before LH fuel surcharge...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Booked *A flights before the fuel surcharge for Lufthansa was being charged. I'm looking to change a flight from LH to US although I still have a LH leg in my trip.

So now would my change fee need to include the new fuel surcharge because they're now charging it?
Old May 3, 2012, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Anyone have any thoughts as to whether I'll be charged fuel charges upon changing a flight around?
Old May 3, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: A Few
Yes...any voluntary change is subject to recalculation of fees and taxes.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
Yes...any voluntary change is subject to recalculation of fees and taxes.
i haven't confirmed it myself (yet) but there have been reports that changes made after departures will not incur YQ (for legs flown and not flown)
Old May 3, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: *void
As I reported in the "J class RTW reward ticket: some AC segments in Y" thread, a simple change involving movement from Y to J seat on same flight (no change in date/route), incurred a recalculation of fees...but, wasn't much.

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
AS A RESULT OF THE ITINERARY CHANGES YOU REQUESTED,
ADDITIONAL TAXES WERE CHARGED TO YOUR CREDIT CARD IN THE
AMOUNT OF: CAD5.60

Broken down as:
Canada Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) $0.60
Canada Airport Improvement Fee (SQ) $5.00
Old May 3, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by wwtsang
i haven't confirmed it myself (yet) but there have been reports that changes made after departures will not incur YQ (for legs flown and not flown)
My response assumes the OP is asking about a pre-departure voluntary change.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
My response assumes the OP is asking about a pre-departure voluntary change.
yup, but just pointing out depending on how much impact ($$$) this change will cause OP might want to try and adjust accordingly

i guess we're all drawing assumptions since JJonahJ commented about moving from Y to J but i think that's AC metal
Old May 4, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by wwtsang
yup, but just pointing out depending on how much impact ($$$) this change will cause OP might want to try and adjust accordingly

i guess we're all drawing assumptions since JJonahJ commented about moving from Y to J but i think that's AC metal
Yes...the leg I upgraded was AC metal to AC metal (same flight).

A couple of months ago, a UA flight with J reward seats opened up at the Classic level (which I need), but that would have incurred a $90 change fee, and at THAT time, the AP agent said NO recalc of points or fees were required for this change...I declined. The $90 not deemed worthy enough for upgrading such a short flight.

But now, with my recent change request, AC to AC (actually same flight), during the discussions with the AP agent, I sensed a feeling that they have reached a 'mature' point in their knowledge of the glitch bookings, and are going to do the recalc of points and taxes for all change requests related to these bookings (done during the promo glitch)....don't ask me why, but I just 'sensed' it.

Would be happy to hear if people are still finding otherwise (no recalcs) for their change requests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.