Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada In flight entertainment on 767 in Coac

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 7:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive, AmericanAdvantage Gold

Hello,

I am trying to decide whether to fly DEN-EZE on UA or Air Canada. I was really impressed with Air Canada North American service 2 years ago so I would love to fly them if I have to sit in coach abroad. I am wondering though about the 767s and their inflight entertainment. Is it overhead monitors of personal AVOD. If it is the monitors I will probably just go with United as they have personal screen in coach and I can get E+.

Otherwise I would like to book with AC. I read on the website their planes have avoid except some 767s. Do these 767 fly to EZE? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2012, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by TWATWA
Hello,

I am trying to decide whether to fly DEN-EZE on UA or Air Canada. I was really impressed with Air Canada North American service 2 years ago so I would love to fly them if I have to sit in coach abroad. I am wondering though about the 767s and their inflight entertainment. Is it overhead monitors of personal AVOD. If it is the monitors I will probably just go with United as they have personal screen in coach and I can get E+.

Otherwise I would like to book with AC. I read on the website their planes have avoid except some 767s. Do these 767 fly to EZE? Thanks.
They should. I think the non-AVOD planes are sent only to a handful of low-yield European destinations (there's only 2 of them left, I think).

You'll get a PTV with AVOD and 72 movies (150 if they've updated the system).
Old May 2, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
XM'ed 763s, AVOD on EZE route. That flight stops in SCL outbound and inbound. 777 flies during the peak southern hemisphere's summer (~Dec-Feb, unsure of exact start/stop dates).

More miles (and travel time, and likely $$$) on AC over YYZ than going through IAH/MIA. Note, miles are calculated on YYZ-EZE, not YYZ-SCL-EZE because same flight # (~500 mile difference).

Safe travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.