Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of r is making me so mad

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Lack of r is making me so mad

Yes, I know there are threads about this (one started by me) but I AM GETTING SO PISSED OFF!!!!!!

I buy J, C or Z for all my business travel.

For my (last minute) leisure travel I want to purchase something I can upgrade.
It has all virtually disappeared. The system has changed SO much with no word from AC (yes, I know, typical).

This really infuriates me.

That is all.
Old May 1, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by Dorian
Yes, I know thee ae theads about this (one stated by me) but I AM GETTING SO PISSED OFF!!!!!!

I buy J, C o Z fo all my business tavel.

Fo my (last minute) leisue tavel I want to puchase something I can upgade.
It has all vitually disappeaed. The system has changed SO much with no wod fom AC (yes, I know, typical).

This eally infuiates me.

That is all.
Hey Doian, we undestand you fustation.... And fo the hack of it, let me emove all lette and see if you can still ead it...
Old May 2, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Lol

But seriously makes SE pretty worthless
Old May 2, 2012, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Hey Doian, we undestand you fustation.... And fo the hack of it, let me emove all lette and see if you can still ead it...
Too funny. I must be slow this morning. I had to read it twice before I caught on, which made it even funnier.

Anyhow, I sympathize with OP.
Old May 2, 2012, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I know there are threads about this (one started by me) but I AM GETTING SO PISSED OFF!!!!!!

I buy J, C or Z for all my business travel.

For my (last minute) leisure travel I want to purchase something I can upgrade.
It has all virtually disappeared. The system has changed SO much with no word from AC (yes, I know, typical).

This really infuriates me.

That is all.
I travel a lot of NA. I wanted to book YWG for tomorrow and find lots of space available for instant u/g.
Personally have hit every one of my ugs for 2012 on NA routes and frankly 1 TPAC,1 Caribbean r/t all hit as well.

Where are you looking to travel last minute?
Old May 2, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have had incredible "luck" with UG over the last year. On only one segment I did not get an U/G, most others have cleared at the gate. Only once did I get a confirmed U/G at T-4 days online. I even managed to upgrade my wife and daughter on the way back from MIA.

The reason I think I have been lucky is because almost ALL my success stories are on flights that happen to fall on days with low J demand and days when there a likely to be few SE competing with me.

But I will agree, there is now hardly ever any displayed R seats, and if there is they go long before the 7 day mark. They may as well abandon this fare/booking class now.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
No issues getting upgrade with R6 7 days out this morning. SE works for me.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Too funny. I must be slow this morning. I had to read it twice before I caught on, which made it even funnier.
Glad I make you laugh. (see, no "R"s and still OK)

And yes I sympathize with OP too.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: AC*ACMM, Marriott*Platinum Elite
The lack of r also applies to me as I have been on waitlist for a month on my TPAC flight this Sat (PVG -> YYZ). My fellow FTer told me that for TPAC flight, AC now releases r seats only T-2. If this is the case, what is the benefit of being SE and apply for UG T-7?
Old May 2, 2012, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Dorian R is not a given value in the equation, Revenue Management has the upper hand here. Profitability is the airlines first priority.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by acpccl
The lack of r also applies to me as I have been on waitlist for a month on my TPAC flight this Sat (PVG -> YYZ). My fellow FTer told me that for TPAC flight, AC now releases r seats only T-2. If this is the case, what is the benefit of being SE and apply for UG T-7?
It is training to be patient, so one day when SE/E is no longer reachable, you will not feel so bad.

Beside that, UG T-7 doesn't even applies if SE buy Tango fare or unless willing to fork up over double the base fare.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by acpccl
because you're higher on the waitlist then those who are T-4.

So far this year I'm 7/9 on Tango Plus including SYD to YVR. The two that didn't clear are YVR to SYD and YYZ to PHX.

YQR to YMQ for this sat. cleared at T-7
Old May 2, 2012, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by acysb87

Where are you looking to travel last minute?
TPAC and TATL. I don't know the R situation within NA, irrelevant to me.

Almost all R dies at T-7 with VERY few exceptions.

Finally, I'm not talking about gate upgrade or clearing prior to departure people....that is not the story here, I'm talking about T-7, T-6, T-5, T-4, T-3.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Dorian R is not a given value in the equation, Revenue Management has the upper hand here. Profitability is the airlines first priority.
Sure, that is fine...BUT they are missing out on $2000-5000 revenue from me monthly due to R being zeroed. This is a fact.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Sure, that is fine...BUT they are missing out on $2000-5000 revenue from me monthly due to R being zeroed. This is a fact.
As an SE your chances to score an upgrade are pretty good. ^
I call this Upgrade Angst, we all get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.