Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blocked seats for SEs and ACMM

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM,*G,HH Diamond,
Agree this would be an amazing way for AC to acknowledge SE's and E's and give us something at zero cost to AC.
Old May 2, 2012, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
OK, say there are 3 empty seats on a flight, and 8 SE's in Y.
Boy are you going to hear a lot of grousing from the 5 who didn't get the empty
one.
Or should the seat assignments all be re-arranged at the last minute so the empty
seats are netween 2 SE's?

This would open a whole can of worms, maybe best if AC avoids it.
Shut up.

Seriously, try and shoot down a brilliant idea over a squable of a point?

Backfill the damn plane! Block the middle seats in the ''priority'' section (first few rows of economy) then. Backfill the plane and as seats are needed filled these last seats back to front. Members could also call in and have them opened up if they need a seat next to their loved ones. This would be a great benefit for us, and require almost no work on AC's part, and most of the flying general public would never even be the wiser!

Last edited by hearna; May 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm
Old May 2, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC*ACMM, Marriott*Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by jlisi984
I created a petition for us to sign and then send alon to direct contacts from the ACTT team. We need to demonstrate demand!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...da-seat-block/

You can hide your name.

Put in your status in the comments box!

Share on FaceBook, Twitter, MilePoint!
Thanks to jlisi984 for doing this. I have signed in the petition. Wish more FTers could sign in as there are only 5 signatures.
Old May 2, 2012, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by acpccl
Originally Posted by jlisi984
I created a petition for us to sign and then send alon to direct contacts from the ACTT team. We need to demonstrate demand!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...da-seat-block/

You can hide your name.

Put in your status in the comments box!

Share on FaceBook, Twitter, MilePoint!
Thanks to jlisi984 for doing this. I have signed in the petition. Wish more FTers could sign in as there are only 5 signatures.
If I thought it would actually do anything I would. I'm happy to be shut down though.
Old May 2, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by getaround
If I thought it would actually do anything I would. I'm happy to be shut down though.
If we get around 50 signatures I'll write a letter linking to this thread and the petition to the two guys responsible for ACTT.
Old May 2, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I signed it.
Old May 2, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
From what I can remember, LH does not do this on the long hauls. But for sure LX does.

If you look at the seat charts on EF, they are even recorded there as blocked.

Seat blocking would stop the whining on upgrades. OK maybe only a little. From me yes.
Pretty sure they still do. I was flying DEL-FRA a few days ago and I was confirmed in 1K. The gentleman at the airport wanted very badly to move me somewhere else. I was having a horrible day and just wanted a quiet out of the way seat to sleep in so I was relatively emphatic on keeping that seat. In the end I did, but only because I showed him my earlier confirmation of the seat on my iPhone. On board, there was somebody next to me, and the guy he was traveling with was in 1A (with an empty seat next to him). I can think of no other good reason for those seats to be empty when J was almost entirely full.

On a complete unrelated note, the concierge in FRA (Alexandra) is an absolute star and provided service way above and beyond on that trip. Thank you Alex, you rock.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I signed (I think).
Old May 2, 2012, 11:17 pm

Here is what I received from senior management last year on the issue:
We are aware of the "seat block" product desired by customers, and the fact that how it works by design today isn't always ideal. As you mention, when we have looked at it, there are some complicated implications within our Departure Control System that make this a bit more complicated than it looks at first glance. That being said, it's not an impossibility, it just needs to be slotted in within our laundry list of product enhancements.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Well, contrary to many other "enhancements" we have seen in the past, this would indeed be a real enhancement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.