Search

How does AC get away with stuff?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
A gf instead your gf?

Eh, be happy it's not a boyfriend.

But seriously, isn't this precisely what girlfriends (plural) are about?
Old May 3, 2012, 1:49 am

could be

Originally Posted by tommy99
Okay I'm no expert on how AC operates but the dates I looked before the promo showed every departure time coming out to $890, now they're $1069. You are telling me that in two days, all the $890 flights were purchased? When I checked before the promo, I checked all Tuesday to Tuesday flights in October and they were all $890. They are all $1069 now. All these seats were purchased in two days? That doesn't sound right to me at all. Again, I'm no expert, just someone who looks at this logically as an outsider.
Madonna concerts sell out in one hour....I am just saying.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by tommy99
Okay I'm no expert on how AC operates but the dates I looked before the promo showed every departure time coming out to $890, now they're $1069. You are telling me that in two days, all the $890 flights were purchased? When I checked before the promo, I checked all Tuesday to Tuesday flights in October and they were all $890. They are all $1069 now. All these seats were purchased in two days? That doesn't sound right to me at all. Again, I'm no expert, just someone who looks at this logically as an outsider.
tommy, I haven't been following the promo....is it over now. And if so, have you noticed if the cheaper fares have now come back into 'play'?

I think we can all agree that if the cheaper seats are sold before you can get to them during the promo, and thus only higher fares are left for sale, why then is that so VERY often I see the lower fares re-appearing, say a week or 2 later?

Yes, I do believe that there are some legitimate savings when these promo codes appear.

Yes, I do understand that the cheaper fares are quickly scooped up during the sales.

No, I do not believe that so many of these cheaper fares on so many different flights, but within a similar travel window, can be so quickly sold out when I have been monitoring them so ardently before/after the promo codes are announced.

No, I do not understand then, why so many cheaper fares then reappear AFTER the promo codes are finished. Cancellations? Sure, but across all so many flights that I'd been monitoring?

So, tommy, if you're still here, have you noticed the cheaper fares returned after the promo has ended (give it a week or 2 or 3).

Sham me once, shame on you, AC. Sham me twice? Shame on ME.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:16 am
Original Poster

I completely forgot about this. Just checked same details and now it costs $1177. Unfortunately what really adds to the costs are the UK fees - $161. I though I read they have already gone up this year or are going up later this year. LHR is an expensive airport to deal with it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.