Wiki Posts
Search

Dash-8 A/C?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACA 35K, Omni Select Guest Black
Dash-8 A/C?

Does anyone know, do the dash-8s that AC Jazz flies have the ability to air-condition the passenger cabin? The other day it was near 30C and humid on the ground and the cabin was like a sauna. Once we were up at altitude it was better but that's not the point, in fact we spent more time in the cabin on the ground than in the air if you count boarding, taxiing, and waiting at the arrival gate for ground crew. We were all covered in sweat when we exited the aircraft. Not a nice way to start one's day nor a long trip.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They can set up a ground unit to either air condition or heat the aircraft.
A common occurence at YYZ.
Pilots are worse off once cabin door closes before engine startup,IMO
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:35 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
THey rarely do though...end up sweating it up prior to take off or freezing my arse off in the winter.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:43 am

You freeze or sweat, Dash 8 on tarmac = Bus at terminal. At least the bus driver can leave engine running
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by acysb87
They can set up a ground unit to either air condition or heat the aircraft.
A common occurence at YYZ.
Pilots are worse off once cabin door closes before engine startup,IMO
I was on a DH3 once when they hooked up the ground unit and powered it on before opening the door (thus pressurizing the aircraft). Ears popped, and when they did open the hatch, the cockpit door popped open rather violently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.