Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Service?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Canada (25k), Hyatt (Globalist), Marriott (Platinum)
Talking Customer Service?

This is the automatic response I received from an email to Air Canada customer service. I was asking them to refund me the $100 for extra baggage that they charged me because my extra bag arrived two days later than I did

"Thank you for contacting us.

This is to confirm that we have received your correspondence and there is no requirement to re-submit your information. Our processing time is currently 15 business days for general customer concerns, 20 business days for baggage related issues and up to 4 weeks for baggage tracing. We will make every effort to respond sooner.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as you await our response.

***Please do not reply to this email, it is an automated response.***"

Can AC really offer this level of service and expect to survive?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mars1982

Can they really offer this level of service? Apparently yes. They must be swamped with complaints of all sort, so in a way it's understandable.

Expect to survive? Do they? In what shape?

After Calin gets his next bonus, do they still need to survive?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:55 pm

This is the automatic response I received from an email to Air Canada customer service. I was asking them to refund me the $100 for extra baggage that they charged me because my extra bag arrived two days later than I did

This is to confirm that we have received your correspondence and there is no requirement to re-submit your information. Our processing time is currently 15 business days for general customer concerns, 20 business days for baggage related issues and up to 4 weeks for baggage tracing. We will make every effort to respond sooner.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as you await our response.

***Please do not reply to this email, it is an automated response.***"

Here is their response from Nov 2010.

This is to confirm that we have received your message and there is no requirement to re-submit your information. Our current processing time is 20 business days for general customer concerns and 7 business days for baggage related issues. We will make every effort to respond sooner. We appreciate your patience and understanding as you await our response."

So I guess they're doing better on the general customer service issues. But Luggage...eh..

Do airlines refund bag charges if late or lost? I didnt think they did.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Canada (25k), Hyatt (Globalist), Marriott (Platinum)
Originally Posted by simba8
Here is their response from Nov 2010.

This is to confirm that we have received your message and there is no requirement to re-submit your information. Our current processing time is 20 business days for general customer concerns and 7 business days for baggage related issues. We will make every effort to respond sooner. We appreciate your patience and understanding as you await our response."

So I guess they're doing better on the general customer service issues. But Luggage...eh..

Do airlines refund bag charges if late or lost? I didnt think they did.
Doubt they will refund it but I figure they should so I decided to write in.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Porter is not much better, they sent me the same thank you for your letter, and took 20 days to get back to me. WS hardly ever responds. Will AC survive
as long as the other two sked carriers don't do any better-Yes they will.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
On the other hand, if you write in with a compliment they will usually send you some cookie-cutter BS about being the Skytrax "Best in NA" and that AC is the best thing since sliced bread. Turnaround time on average for me has been 1 business day.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stranger
Can they really offer this level of service? Apparently yes. They must be swamped with complaints of all sort, so in a way it's understandable.

Expect to survive? Do they? In what shape?

After Calin gets his next bonus, do they still need to survive?
Put the cheque in checked luggage and send it on a Rapid-air flight
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Baggage Refund

THEY may not refund the charge willingly, but I have found that my c/c company has processed a "service not provided by vendor" charge reversal...in effect, forcibly effecting them to refund the moneys paid for not providing the service in a timely fashion.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dunderhead
THEY may not refund the charge willingly, but I have found that my c/c company has processed a "service not provided by vendor" charge reversal...in effect, forcibly effecting them to refund the moneys paid for not providing the service in a timely fashion.
That has worked for me in other cases where service was no provided and the cc refunded the amount. Good Idea!!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC-E

IME, the turnaround time can be significantly shorter than they indicate: On several occasions, when I had to deal with CS regarding EUpgrade credit issues, they have responded within 2-3 days and resolved the issue.

Might, however, be different for you since you are asking them for a cash refund. I guess you don't have any tier status with AC (since you had to pay for extra luggage)? Otherwise, you could try playing the "loyal customer" card...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.