Wiki Posts
Search

Missing flights on BMI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude 35K
Missing flights on BMI

Anyone else finding it's a real struggle to get credit for flights when they don't show up at first? I took 2 flights on British Midland in January (LHR-BHD and back). I entered my Aeroplan number when I made the booking, and my boarding passes show AC*G (I presume this means Air Canada - Gold) so I'm sure it got into the system. When the flights had not shown up on my statements after a few weeks, I sent in absolutely clear and legible scanned copies of my BMI itinerary, boading passes, even baggage claim checks. The name is exactly the same as the one on my Aeroplan profile. Now I keep getting letters from Aeroplan saying "There is no record with the airline for the passenger name submitted". An Aeroplan agent told me that it is BMI saying that they can't match the name. Is it worth trying to take this up directly with BMI?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Which booking class was it? I have only ever had a problem with BMI when the booking class was not valid. You have to check the footnotes on APs website since a lot of classes became ineligible in April 2011.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

The fare basis was TSOWBMI outbound and KSOWBMI return.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

And I just noticed on my letter from AP the booking class is given as Z for both flights, which is supposed to be eligible for 100% of miles flown, so I don't think that's the problem.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
http://www1.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...do?Partner=bmi
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
This exact same thimng happened to me-I fly January LHR-EDI-LHR one way claimed but other (more expensive ticket did not). I entered my AC # at time of booking and presented my card at check in and my boarding pass showed AC*G. I sent the electronic ticket and scanned BP to Aeroplan and was told I had already credited that to another *A account, I do not have another account with *A so asked which one as I do not hold one and my AC details were obviously used as it reflected on the BP. The points after my challenging have been loaded. AP had advised it was bmi who had rejected the claim.

Be persistant if you rightfully are due the points!

Good luck

SYD/YYZ
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Same issues with BMI posting to United Airlines. Just sent in credit request this past weekend.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rhopa
Anyone else finding it's a real struggle to get credit for flights when they don't show up at first? I took 2 flights on British Midland in January (LHR-BHD and back). I entered my Aeroplan number when I made the booking, and my boarding passes show AC*G (I presume this means Air Canada - Gold) so I'm sure it got into the system. When the flights had not shown up on my statements after a few weeks, I sent in absolutely clear and legible scanned copies of my BMI itinerary, boading passes, even baggage claim checks. The name is exactly the same as the one on my Aeroplan profile. Now I keep getting letters from Aeroplan saying "There is no record with the airline for the passenger name submitted". An Aeroplan agent told me that it is BMI saying that they can't match the name. Is it worth trying to take this up directly with BMI?
Similar experience. Purchased through AC LATITUDE fare. So far, only 3 of 4 flights came through. I sent in a request several weeks ago, but still not posting. I assumed if I purchased a LATITUDE fare, they would all be eligible for points/status flights. Ah well..they'll soon be out of *A. Not much point in spending a lot of time trying to get what I deserve.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Its a pain in the butt! This time around its taking longer. Last month YYZ to MUC and we left late as most AC flights at the time. We missed our connection and they rushed us onto a TP flight instead of a LH flight but they are still both Star Alliance carriers, however they claim they have no proof we were on board! They have my lost bags claim from the flight they cant find us on! Then the route LIS to LHR on TP is taking a long time to show up also. I paid $83 to make sure I am one class above what I need too. If I do not received points, I can fly on cheaper carriers and save that money!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
crediting BMI flights on AP

I called the AP call centre about a missing segment, and received a good suggestion! You can e-mail your scanned travel docs to:
[email protected]
My call was about a missing UA segment, and the agent suggested that AP must wait to hear from UA before crediting!
I also asked (he was very helpful!) about crediting BMI flights after April,2012. The agent suggested (much to my surprise) that AP will continue to provide BMI flight credit, since this was the arrangement when the ticket was purchased! (I will believe it when I see it, my BMI flight is in August!).

Last edited by Antonio8069; Apr 17, 2012 at 5:43 am Reason: missing year
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I called the AP call centre about a missing segment, and received a good suggestion! You can e-mail your scanned travel docs to:
[email protected]
Yup, that's how I sent in my documents. It still got rejected.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
Originally Posted by nowinyow
Similar experience. Purchased through AC LATITUDE fare. So far, only 3 of 4 flights came through. I sent in a request several weeks ago, but still not posting. I assumed if I purchased a LATITUDE fare, they would all be eligible for points/status flights. Ah well..they'll soon be out of *A. Not much point in spending a lot of time trying to get what I deserve.
Again, similar, travelled YYC-LHR-EDI on an AC LATITUDE fare during Feb 2012.
Due to a re-route arranged by AC at YYC my connecting LHR/EDI flight with BD as AC code-share 'fell-out' of the system. AC advised me to have this re-instated by BD at LHR during transfer as AC could not do it!! - this done with no problem including a boarding pass endorsed with AC*G!

AC flights posted to AP OK but NIL for BD. - I have now mailed my BD boarding pass to AC E at YUL and wait on the result!!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
[email protected]
My call was about a missing UA segment, and the agent suggested that AP must wait to hear from UA before crediting!
I also asked (he was very helpful!) about crediting BMI flights after April,2012. The agent suggested (much to my surprise) that AP will continue to provide BMI flight credit, since this was the arrangement when the ticket was purchased! (I will believe it when I see it, my BMI flight is in August!).
Better do it soon.. as BMI leaves *A by the end of this month !

AFAIK its when you fly that the flights get credit. Not when you bought your ticket.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Better do it soon.. as BMI leaves *A by the end of this month !

AFAIK its when you fly that the flights get credit. Not when you bought your ticket.
Nobody actually knows when BD will leave *A. They have announced that the IAG acquisition will likely go through "around April 20th" and have indicated that BMI Diamond Club Members can still earn/burn miles on *A partners excluding LH Group Airlines. According to the BMI forum page, best guesses are an official leave from *A end of May but nothing official.

I was reading the Terms and Conditions on the BMI Aeroplan earnings page and it does not reference any term which allows Aeroplan or BMI to rescind earning rights on listed eligible flights with no notice for any reason. So I'm not sure what sort of notice must be given and how that effects tickets previously purchased.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

This is getting ridiculous. Not one but two more letters in today's post to say "regrettably we are unable to credit your flight(s)".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.