Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket - Stopovers in Asia 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Award ticket - Stopovers in Asia 1

Does anyone know if this is legitimate for an award ticket under Asia 1 to Asia 1 band, 30K business class:

SIN-PEK-ICN-SIN
(stopovers in Beijing and Seoul)

Two weeks ago,when I called Aeropan, the lady said yes and 30K. I tried to book today but the tune has changed. Stopover not permitted, but open jaw is possible.

Before I give in, just want to know who is actually correct.

Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
No stopovers in Asia1 to Asia1 rewards.

However, there are a lot of not-so-smart AP agents who don't know this. And you may get lucky. Keep calling until you find one.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:30 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I believe you are allowed either a stopover or an open-jaw for Asia1 rewards but YMMV.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jarusoba
No stopovers in Asia1 to Asia1 rewards.

However, there are a lot of not-so-smart AP agents who don't know this. And you may get lucky. Keep calling until you find one.
Haha...I did just that and got exactly what I needed.

But I rather regard the second AP agent as a smart one - because she gave what the customer wanted. That's what makes a business tick! ^
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:22 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
You are fortunate. Stopovers are normally only permitted on intercontiental travel.

Aeroplan Terms and Conditions
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by sllee
Haha...I did just that and got exactly what I needed.

But I rather regard the second AP agent as a smart one - because she gave what the customer wanted. That's what makes a business tick! ^
Inconsistency in applying rules while appears positive can actually generate a whole lot of issues down the road.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Thanks for reminding me of intra-Asia awards, I totally forgot LOL. I'm looking to fly ICN-YNJ to visit family for a day or two but the price is a little high to justify for just a 1-2 day personal visit. Forgot about the 30k C award which is a good value. The only problem is while CA and OZ both fly to YNJ... OZ has no availability and CA stupidly classifies domestic C as F, even for awards. And after last year's enhancement, we have to pay F miles to get it. Ugh... I think I'll just book a revenue ticket.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
How about Asia 1 to Asia 2

I was checking on the following in C and have gotten different answers, last one stating I could not return via stopover city...

I want NRT - BKK stop a few days KTM return KTM- NRT (1 stop through BKK) was told I would have trouble going through BKK on return. Other routes through China take much longer although I once managed a PEK- Xining Lhasa - BKK to include an open jaw and a stopover in KTM and could visit China again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.