Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The future SE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by tyberius
If AC kicks out its own SEs for not flying enough, then this puts the burden on the other carriers and they have to do the same. Next thing you know, no, or diluted, benefit to there being a Star Alliance for the members. And that means people go to Oneworld.
Actually with the way things are right now and my travel plans... I hate to admit that I'm actually considering moving to SkyTeam. I know, I've probably lost it but I think it might work for me.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:34 pm

They already have a class above SE. It is called VIP, and it is similar to GS on UA.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I doubt well see such drastic changes. Main reason being ACs financial situation and competitive environment is much more similar to that of UA and AA who both offer a competitive 100k status miles program to SE.

AC already is more restrictive when it comes to upgrades as T+ fares can only be confirmed within the 7days window.

ACs major goals should be to:

1) encourage pax to choose AC vs. a competitor airline
2) encourage pax to pay a higher fare than neccessary (i.e. buy up from T to T+ or T+ to Lat or even T+/Lat to Z/J)

IMO AC isnt doing a particularly good job at either right now.

Unless they want to get rid off half their SE members, I think the following changes would make much more sense:

1) 100% miles for T+ fares, 125% miles for Lat fares, 150% for Z fares, 200% for J fares ONLY on AC metal while keeping the current rates for *A partners
2) possibly requiring 50% of status miles to be earnt on AC metal to earn SE status
3) possibly creating a tier above SE (while not alienating the current SE base) similar to UA GS; not a huge amount of added hard benefits, but a higher service standard (e.g. an e-mail address which responds within 24h AND is empowered to deal with pretty much anything; open-doors lounge access policy)
4) rewards for flying AC metal, e.g. one gift for every 100k AC lifetime miles: wouldnt have to be much, maybe choice of 30 upgrade credits, 25k award miles, 1 free hotel night at any of ACs partners - basically something that reinforces the idea that AC cares about the pax
5) more special events for SEs: the feedback re: the recent 787 event was very positive and many SEs even took a day off from work. Why not have more events and make sure each SE (or if you prefer: each SE with x status miles flown on AC metal) is invited to an event once a year
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA PP, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PC
Just food for thought: To reward those flying AC in paid J/C/D/Z they could consider a similar approach to LAN: There you get Comodoro status (their highest status) with either 130k km on LAN and/or Oneworld carriers or 80k on LAN only in paid J fares with a minumum requirement of 6 medium or long haul flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.