Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lapsed Super Elites keeping their old baggage tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lapsed Super Elites keeping their old baggage tags

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dorian
^ Thank you.

Just to give another example of how absurd this is...I am SE and have an Elite tag on one bag from a year I didn't make the cut.....so forget the DYKWIA crap.
^

Many here have tags that are long past their best before date. I still have the hard En-route bagge tag on a piece of checked luggage sitting in the closet
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by YOWzer
I'm relatively new to this forum. It made me realize that as a passenger, I am observed/judged by other fellow passengers that I didn't know before. Threads like these has made me self-conscious of being an SE, as I find ppl tend to view SEs more negatively than positively...
This may just be my experience, but the few arrogant passengers I've ran into over the last couple years have all been Es (a couple to the point of shouting at check-in or gate agents). All the SEs I've met have been a lot more easy going, especially when things go wrong.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
This may just be my experience, but the few arrogant passengers I've ran into over the last couple years have all been Es (a couple to the point of shouting at check-in or gate agents). All the SEs I've met have been a lot more easy going, especially when things go wrong.

Seen bad behavior out of both groups, slight edge to SE, but in my travels UA 1k as group seem to have greatest number of douches
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by yvr76
Amen. I'm usually over-tired or just can't be bothered to expend the energy to get riled up. Crap happens...just gotta role with it.

Another way to look at it...if an SE got worked up over every little thing....they'd go completely bananas eventually. There is simply too much volume to manage getting mad that often.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:40 pm

Maybe I should be more careful-- I still use the Canadian Airlines Executive Platinum baggage tags as I have not removed them-- I can recognize my bag by it!! With those tags I cannot use the DYKWIA excuse!!or stop flying as the airline is not flying!!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
To paraphrase Dr. King. :

I have a dream that my four little children will one day board commercial aircraft and enter lounges where they will not be judged by the colour of their FFer program status tags, but by the content of their character.

I have a dream.

Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:00 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by airbus320
Naturally posted by one who is SE.....
Unless they just haven't yet changed their FT profile.

Seriously, who are they trying to fool?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
What the heck....

Apologies to the Bard :

I am a FFer program top-tier member. Hath not a top-tier status member eyes? Hath not a SE hands,
organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same
food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases,
heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter
and summer, as a non-status member is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If
you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?
And if you wrong us, do we not revenge? If we are like you in the
rest, we will resemble you in that.

Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by NordsFan:18200491
To paraphrase Dr. King. :

I have a dream that my four little children will one day board commercial aircraft and enter lounges where they will not be judged by the colour of their FFer program status tags, but by the content of their character.

I have a dream.

Best reply!

For the record, I was just posting my observations. I personally keep my old tags on my small carry on for when I fly AC or UA Express)

I am sorry for actually looking at other Pax while waiting in the security line. No judgment intended, just filling the time.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:28 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mendacious7511
Best reply!

For the record, I was just posting my observations. I personally keep my old tags on my small carry on for when I fly AC or UA Express)

I am sorry for actually looking at other Pax while waiting in the security line. No judgment intended, just filling the time.
You may claim there was "no judgement intended" but what you posted (in part) was
Seriously, who are they trying to fool with the old (ugly) SE tags?
Nobody thinks you are SE anyway!
which very clearly indicates that you think some ex-SEs are trying scam the system by falsely implying they are Super Elites when in fact they are not, and then implying that they are somehow lesser persons"!".

Any rational person reading that could quite reasonably infer sneering disdain for those you consider "beneath" your claimed Super Elite status. So you probably shouldn't be surprised if that sneering disdain was reflected.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by unvlad:18199416
Wow, I thought people are trying to be kind to each other at FT, and now there are folks ranting about those who rant about the OP's rant

Just by observing how many replies were posted, the OP seems to have the finger on the pulse of time... I COULD imagine that there are pax keeping their status tags in the hope of obtaining some recognition, even if it was just that a FA or a luggage handler, in a spontaneous reaction, treats their bag with more care.

I personally kept my last year's Elite tag (am Elite again this year) because I liked the leather strap more, and in particular since AC, when asking whether we wanted just our name on the tag or also the address, didn't tell us that there would be no way to write / put a label with your address under a protective cover like was the case with the 2011 edition. I am likely going to move this year and didn't want my address printed permanently on the tag.
My original post was definitely NOT a rant.
If I ever do rant on FT, you will know it is a rant.
I guess there are so many pissed off people here that people assume everybody is being negative!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:29 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by NordsFan
What the heck....

Apologies to the Bard :

I am a FFer program top-tier member. Hath not a top-tier status member eyes? Hath not a SE hands,
organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same
food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases,
heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter
and summer, as a non-status member is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If
you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?
And if you wrong us, do we not revenge? If we are like you in the
rest, we will resemble you in that.

In a word, no.

That's the whole point of being SE.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
did we not have another thread that discussed on the exact same topic?
I am surprised a recent topic from maybe a month or 2 ago is once again being enthusiastically "discussed", with the same old arguments.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by KenHamer
You may claim there was "no judgement intended" but what you posted (in part) was

which very clearly indicates that you think some ex-SEs are trying scam the system by falsely implying they are Super Elites when in fact they are not, and then implying that they are somehow lesser persons"!".

Any rational person reading that could quite reasonably infer sneering disdain for those you consider "beneath" your claimed Super Elite status. So you probably shouldn't be surprised if that sneering disdain was reflected.
I'd like to award the March 14th prize to KenHamer. KenHamer wins 2 e-upgrade credits on AC with an expiry of end of March 2012. Happy upgrading KenHamer and thanks for playing!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:39 pm

"Those who wish to be SE
Must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination
The real relation
The always flying theme"

Anyone guess the song/band ?

From the same album: "YYZ"......

I need to get back to work now !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.