Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lapsed Super Elites keeping their old baggage tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lapsed Super Elites keeping their old baggage tags

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mendy7511
Foolish me, trying to start a discussion on FT without being branded a complainer and DYKWIA.
Will not happen again. Lesson learned.
Mendy you are not a complainer, there are some FT'ers who have become jaded so just ignore them.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I put them on all our bags, so when the whole family travels, we will have as many as 10 bags with my old tags on them (all elite though - never made it to SE). Just for luggage ID,not status. Finally retired my old Westin Premier tags because they were in shreds!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: AC-E
Wow, I thought people are trying to be kind to each other at FT, and now there are folks ranting about those who rant about the OP's rant

Just by observing how many replies were posted, the OP seems to have the finger on the pulse of time... I COULD imagine that there are pax keeping their status tags in the hope of obtaining some recognition, even if it was just that a FA or a luggage handler, in a spontaneous reaction, treats their bag with more care.

I personally kept my last year's Elite tag (am Elite again this year) because I liked the leather strap more, and in particular since AC, when asking whether we wanted just our name on the tag or also the address, didn't tell us that there would be no way to write / put a label with your address under a protective cover like was the case with the 2011 edition. I am likely going to move this year and didn't want my address printed permanently on the tag.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even though it is March already and presumably everyone has received their new welcome packages already, I still see lots of last year's SE tags.
I used to think these people where just too busy to change them, but today I see someone at YVR with last year's tags pull out his elite card for the lounge and his BP states E. Seriously, who are they trying to fool with the old (ugly) SE tags?
Nobody thinks you are SE anyway!
Naturally posted by one who is SE.....
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:44 am

did we not have another thread that discussed on the exact same topic?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
did we not have another thread that discussed on the exact same topic?
I recall we did but a different poster.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Foolish me, trying to start a discussion on FT without being branded a complainer and DYKWIA.
Valid discussion so don't listen to the chastity police. Noticed someone at the SE AC 75th Do with about a half-dozen older tags clustered on the case he was shouldering. I use the current one on the work bag I carry most days, last year's on checked bags. Doesn't really matter if I am travelling by plane or train or bus, or subway. These are given to us to ID bags should they get lost so why not use them? (If I feel retro, I can go back to my maroon enRoute and a brass CP Air tags. Or my silver Concorde tag.)
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
^ Thank you.

Just to give another example of how absurd this is...I am SE and have an Elite tag on one bag from a year I didn't make the cut.....so forget the DYKWIA crap.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
I don't think that it was foolish to ask the question, it was the implied DYKWIA in your last sentence! As I said earlier, don't sweat it - you know that they aren't SE, so take comfort in that. But, as others have pointed out, beware that someone with an old tag may very well be SE but they just don't care enough to ensure they are using the most up to date tag!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: *void
Even though it is March already and presumably everyone has received their new welcome packages already, I still see lots of last year's SE tags.
I used to think these people where just too busy to change them, but today I see someone at YVR with last year's tags pull out his elite card for the lounge and his BP states E. Seriously, who are they trying to fool with the old (ugly) SE tags?
Nobody thinks you are SE anyway!
Mendy, I don't mind reading most of your posts...but, with some of them, and this being one of them, you have GOT to give your head a BIG SHAKE!

What business is it of yours anyway, peeking at the other person's BP?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Some of my old E tags I give away to my family (who are kettles).
I entered the YVR MLL with a CX tag and got weird looks from some of the people inside.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I'm relatively new to this forum. It made me realize that as a passenger, I am observed/judged by other fellow passengers that I didn't know before. Threads like these has made me self-conscious of being an SE, as I find ppl tend to view SEs more negatively than positively...
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:43 am
Suspended

They are tags. I just replace them when they fall off.

Incidentally my mom just told me she used a four year old Elite *G card to gain entry into the TK IST lounge a couple of months ago! I dont approve of that practice but was amazed they let it go Btw she loved the lounge.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWzer
I'm relatively new to this forum. It made me realize that as a passenger, I am observed/judged by other fellow passengers that I didn't know before. Threads like these has made me self-conscious of being an SE, as I find ppl tend to view SEs more negatively than positively...
The whole point of this forum is to judge the actions of others, whether those others may be airlines, pax, or the employees of the airline.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:48 am
Suspended

Smile

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
The whole point of this forum is to judge the actions of others, whether those others may be airlines, pax, or the employees of the airline.
SEs suck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.