Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by dudie0
I've since forgotten where to look up the flight class availabilities...

I'm willing to risk it if you are okazon :-)
I am okazon, but no, I am not willing to play that game. Sorry....

(Commas are important.... )
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I've since forgotten where to look up the flight class availabilities...

I'm willing to risk it if you are okazon :-)
KVS or GDS
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:05 am

I have a Trip on sunday yyz-gru if you are able to help out that would be great

Cheers
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: AC E, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by okazon69
I just ran into that problem....

In your scenario, everything should be fine, as long as Charlie sponsors her after she arrives in PEK.

In my case, I tried upgrading someone who had already used his own credits for the yet-to-be flown outbound flight, and the system wouldn't let me. AC confirms I can only do this after the outbound has been flown, but were not even sure whether it can be done online or if you have to call in.

What happens if instead of Charlie, Alice meets Christine and takes a liking to her?
It can be done, you just have to call in to reservations, they have to do it on a separate ref #. I was in the same situation, upgraded my outbound flight this week with my own credits, my friend nominated me and upgraded the return segment..but we had to do everything through AC reservations..and it took a little time.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by KeithC
I have 47 eupgrade credits and 2 nominee spots for a FlyerTalk member to use prior to the end of the month. I saved them all year in case I had to fly internationally, but instead ended up flying a ton of domestic instead and never really used any other then during the promotions.

Please let me know if anyone could use them on an international flight(s) for themselves and another friend/colleague/spouse. Not exactly sure how the nominee works, but would prefer that upgrade space be confirmed prior to using the credits (for a confirmed upgrade not a wait listed one).
Nominee spots filled and credits gone = 3 international flights upgraded for a couple of strangers! Sorry to those that I couldn't help.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles and More
Originally Posted by okazon69
I am okazon, but no, I am not willing to play that game. Sorry....

(Commas are important.... )
You are, of course, correct. As the holder of a graduate degree I should have done better!

In any case, if you happen to be sitting around Saturday morning with credits to spare and are thinking of taking a chance, I'd be honoured.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:09 pm

You are, of course, correct. As the holder of a graduate degree I should have done better!

Sorry, all gone now. The last 14 went for a CDG-YUL at R8, which I thought was a worthy cause....
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Thanks KeithC Really Appreciated it..
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Talking 8 eUpgrade Credits to Give

The past year has been a fantastic year for me. I was able to score upgrades on all my 3 TPACs, 1 TATL and 4 Transcontinental flight. I will be taking my last flight PVG-YVR-EWR this benefit year on Feb 27th and will have 8 eUpgrade credits left. Instead of letting them expire, I'd rather give them away! Please PM me if need them. First come first served!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:02 pm

Trade = eupgrade for good karma

Hey there! I'm taking a flight from Montreal to Calgary tomorrow on Air Canada and would be so excited to be upgraded!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
20 eUpgrade credits available

Well... things didn't work out for nobody-elite (lost at aero-lotto), and I now have 20 e-upgrade credits available again (AC was quick about re-depositing them^). Only one nominee slot left (although MG indicated in another thread that with a call to AC I can get that restored to 2 slots).

PM me if you need to be upgraded and you have a reasonable chance of success.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC Elite, OneWorld Sapphire, Delta
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
Thanks KeithC Really Appreciated it..
Thank you KeithC
Greatly appreciated
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:24 pm

Thanks so much for your generous offer of 17 e-upgrade credits.

Not only did GJS-yow offer upgrade credits but updates on how many J seats were left on each segment.

In the end, we didn't win a seat up front.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: AC*E
More goodwill

Two family members and I have one nominee spot available and remaining credits (18, 18 and 22). All of us are Elite members and so are within the 4 day window for most flights. Like other donors in this thread, we would favour people flying long haul where seats are confirmed so that the credits don't come up one spot short on a waitlist.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: AC*G Altitude 50k
Hi! Is there anyway I could use 17 of your expiring eUpgrade credits for a flight between PEK-YVR? Would be much appreciated! I could even give you a little cash for your troubles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.