Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: eupgrade credits to gift to a new friend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:10 pm

Big thanks to GJS-yow who requested an upgrade for my husband. He is wait listed for both segments, so keeping fingers crossed.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
I too am crossing my fingers for some generosity. SCL-YYZ-YVR on the 28th.

Pretty please?

I am in the YYZ Domestic MLL right now if you want to see me beg in person!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:19 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
25 eUpgrade credits to give away

No more travel through the end of Feb and I am sitting on 25 soon-to-expire eUpgrade credits. We don't want that to happen now do we?

PM me if interested.

(Would be preferable if your itinerary has R space availability so you can use the points right away.)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC E
Joining the Shameless Request Lineup

Flying YOW-YYZ-SFO on Feb 29 which is now in the SE upgrade window. R7 availability. If anyone can help that would be outstanding. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:19 pm

Talking 21 credits... come 'n get 'em!

Thanks, it's been fun. I managed to give away all but one of my 2011 credits.

For the last one, the back and forth between the requester and me was a bit slow, and I didn't get the person's booking reference. So I called Air Canada, and despite only having a name and Aeroplan number, they gave me the booking reference! Strange that they would do this, but it means a free upgrade on AC871 tomorrow. Enjoy!

Last edited by okazon69; Feb 23, 2012 at 5:08 pm Reason: Game over... thanks for playing.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles and More
Just noticed this thread, maybe a little late. I have a flight this Saturday (2/25) YUL>GVA going skiing for a week. Arriving there Sunday morning after a red-eye and would love to arrive well-rested so I can ski all day.

Only possible hitch is that my fare is class "K" which might be a problem...let me know and I'll bake whoever comes through a cake!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:48 pm

Apparently I haven't been active enough on FT (member for quite a while) and can't send you a PM. I could use about 14 credits for an upgrade on my flight this Saturday (2/25) from YUL>GVA. Arriving Sunday morning after the redeye and want to get straight on the slopes, feeling rested.
Since we're both based in YUL I'll even take you out to coffee as thanks (or bake for you)!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by dudie0
Apparently I haven't been active enough on FT (member for quite a while) and can't send you a PM. I could use about 14 credits for an upgrade on my flight this Saturday (2/25) from YUL>GVA. Arriving Sunday morning after the redeye and want to get straight on the slopes, feeling rested.
Since we're both based in YUL I'll even take you out to coffee as thanks (or bake for you)!
YUL GVA is showing J1 C0 D0 Z0 Y4 B4 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 N0 G0 P0 A0 R0

Looking really bad, and I just seem to have wasted one nominee spot on someone who already had used their own eUpgrades on the outbound, so I couldn't do the inbound.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:28 pm

Hmm, thanks anyway :-|. My inbound is 3/4 GVA>YUL so I don't know if it's worth mentioning.

Would that J1 cost 14 credits or 17?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by dudie0
Hmm, thanks anyway :-|. My inbound is 3/4 GVA>YUL so I don't know if it's worth mentioning.

Would that J1 cost 14 credits or 17?
It's not just the J1 that's the problem, but also the R0. Your chances of using an upgrade on this flight are very slim.

It is 14 credits, however, for the distance covered.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:35 pm

eupgrades

I'm all set.. Thanks!

Last edited by OfficeGlenn; Feb 23, 2012 at 1:23 pm
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by okazon69
YUL GVA is showing J1 C0 D0 Z0 Y4 B4 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 N0 G0 P0 A0 R0

Looking really bad, and I just seem to have wasted one nominee spot on someone who already had used their own eUpgrades on the outbound, so I couldn't do the inbound.
Does AC only allow one e-up "sponsor" per reservation? The example on their website lists an SE and P travelling together trying to e-up each other, but not someone travelling alone.

What if Alice buys a round-trip ticket to Beijing from Toronto? Bill, married to Alice, sponsors her on an outbound flight as she goes to teach English in Beijing? While there, Alice meets another gentleman, Charlie. She breaks off her relationship with Bill and Charlie wants to sponsor her on the flight home. Is Charlie able to do that, or is her only hope that Bill loves her enough to upgrade her on the flight home even if she's with another man?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:42 pm

I've since forgotten where to look up the flight class availabilities...

I'm willing to risk it if you are okazon :-)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Does AC only allow one e-up "sponsor" per reservation? The example on their website lists an SE and P travelling together trying to e-up each other, but not someone travelling alone.

What if Alice buys a round-trip ticket to Beijing from Toronto? Bill, married to Alice, sponsors her on an outbound flight as she goes to teach English in Beijing? While there, Alice meets another gentleman, Charlie. She breaks off her relationship with Bill and Charlie wants to sponsor her on the flight home. Is Charlie able to do that, or is her only hope that Bill loves her enough to upgrade her on the flight home even if she's with another man?
I just ran into that problem....

In your scenario, everything should be fine, as long as Charlie sponsors her after she arrives in PEK.

In my case, I tried upgrading someone who had already used his own credits for the yet-to-be flown outbound flight, and the system wouldn't let me. AC confirms I can only do this after the outbound has been flown, but were not even sure whether it can be done online or if you have to call in.

What happens if instead of Charlie, Alice meets Christine and takes a liking to her?

Last edited by okazon69; Feb 22, 2012 at 8:56 pm
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by mabramovich

Why make it so complicated?

The answer to your question is, for a round-trip ticket, if the outbound is sponsored by one person, the inbound has to be sponsored by the same person, until the outbound has been flown. Then you can change the sponsor.

Before the outbound is flown, you can't even use your own credits for the inbound, if the outbound was upgraded by some other person's credits.

Another AC IT stupidity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.