Search

AC response to a complaint letter

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2001, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*P
AC response to a complaint letter

Hi all,

I had written a complaint letter to AC on July 24th, re: some bad service, misinformation, and strange choices by the AC staff flying from YUL to YVR. Today, I received a response letter dated August 1st. The response noted that they've assigned a file number to my letter, and sort of imply that they haven't looked at it yet. However, they included a $50 travel certificate with their letter, although they make no reference to it in their letter.

Does anyone know if I can expect any further response from them? I wasn't necessarily expecting compensation, but rather answers about the bad service/misinformation/bad choices by AC staff on my flight. Any views on this would be appreciated.

Richard
Old Aug 13, 2001, 8:54 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Hi ry13, sorry I can't answer your qestion as I'm not an expert here, but anyway, welcome to FT!
Old Aug 13, 2001, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Interesting. A $50 voucher inside of the standard Customer Solutions acknowledgement letter? I have yet to hear back on 2 letters I sent - one in early June and the other in July. Consider yourself lucky and cross your fingers that someone made an error - it pays the Fuel Surcharge for almost 2 tickets nowadays.
Old Aug 13, 2001, 9:38 pm

I think AC deliberately ignores some letters, even if they raise legitimate complaints and concerns. I can't imagine how it could take them months to reply to an Elite member's letter.
Old Aug 13, 2001, 9:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I actually have no idea why Elite members are given a contact fax number for an 'Elite Centre' because I truly believe it doesn't exist in any real form. Since April I have contacted them on 3 separate occasions and have not received a reply of any kind. The address should instead be:

Air Canada Non-Super Elite Members That We Really Could Care Less About Cause Who Else Are You Gonna Fly With?
PO Box 1,000,001
Somewhere on the Island of Montreal, QC
HAH AHA

OK, I really should head home it's getting late and I'm getting a bit punchy.
Old Aug 13, 2001, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You'll get a response in 6 ot 8 weeks to your specific complaint(s), either by mail or by phone [if they have a contact number, or you provided your Aeroplan number]. Remember there is a large backlog, and each concern has to be referred to the appropriate department, then comments returned to the person doing the letter. I suppose the voucher was to placate you until the final letter is sent. Whether you'll get more depends upon the nature of your complaint(s)/problem(s).

I always get a call within a few days of receipt of my letter at AC HQ, followed up by a letter addressing the matter from the appropriate department manager. My last two problems were responded to in about three weeks by letter.

I suspect with all the catering problems of early July, there is quite a backlog, and the $50 MCO has been a standard enclosure.

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 08-19-2001).]
Old Aug 14, 2001, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PointWeasel:
I actually have no idea why Elite members are given a contact fax number for an 'Elite Centre' because I truly believe it doesn't exist in any real form. Since April I have contacted them on 3 separate occasions and have not received a reply of any kind. The address should instead be:
</font>
I faxed the Elite number 4-5 times asking for my Elite package to be couried to me. They never got back to me but they did courier the package...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PointWeasel:

Air Canada Non-Super Elite Members That We Really Could Care Less About Cause Who Else Are You Gonna Fly With?
PO Box 1,000,001
Somewhere on the Island of Montreal, QC
HAH AHA
</font>

[This message has been edited by Goldlust (edited 08-14-2001).]
Old Aug 14, 2001, 4:31 pm

I sent in a letter in January and never received a response. So I sent it again a few months later, and I still have not received a response. One of these days I'll send it again and they'll probably tell me that they can't deal with something that happened more than 6 months ago.
Old Aug 14, 2001, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*P
Hmmm... it would be nice to think that they'd be offering $50 certificates as a token of good faith until they get detailed letters out. But it's probably just a marketing scheme! Now that I've got one of these, I better go use it...

As for response times to other peoples' letters, I don't know why they got to mine so quickly. I'm not Prestige, Elite, or Super Elite. I just sent this by fax to their Calgary Customer Solutions # (866-584-0380).
Old Aug 14, 2001, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
All Goldlust's future letters to Air Canada will be sent by fax to Calgary Customer Solutions.
Old Aug 14, 2001, 9:44 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I always send my letters to the SE desk email and then they will forward it to the appropiate department. So far this year, I have received a response to my letters within 10 days.
Old Aug 17, 2001, 5:30 am

My partner sent in a letter to cpomplain about lost luggage (MXP-YZ, lost for 4 days) and rec'd the usual letter with the file # and "we're looking into it" and she rec'd the $50 voucher. She is still pi**ed about the luggage but the $50 made her feel better.

In light of recent results announced by AC plus the catering fisaco, how many of these do you suspect the airline has been sending out?
Old Aug 17, 2001, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Well, since these MCOs aren't really cash, and are intended to both placate and "encourage" the recipient to buy anothe AC ticket in the coming 12-months, they will not cost the airline anything, and will certainly generate several thousand sales from travellers who might have otherwise defected to C3K or another carrier.
Old Aug 18, 2001, 12:36 pm
ALW

Are the $50 vouchers personalized? Transferrable? Just wondering.

andrew
Old Aug 18, 2001, 1:57 pm

MCO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.