Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in YVR: NZ to AC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Connecting in YVR: NZ to AC

Next week I am scheduled to fly AKL-YVR with NZ then connecting to AC (Jazz) YVR-SEA. The NZ flight arrives YVR at 12:00pm and the AC Jazz flight leaves at 3:05pm. These two flights are the all under the same ticket. Assuming my luggages are tagged to SEA, do I need to clear Canadian Immigration & Customs in YVR or do they have an airside path that will allow me to proceed directly to the US Preclearance? I assume 3h 5min is more than enough for this connection? Also does anyone know if NZ arrives at C, D, or E gates? What about the AC Jazz flight (C, D or E)?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
You wont need to Canadian customs and immigration, you can directly proceed to US preclearance. At YVR you dont even have to collect your baggage making the process much more convenient.

3h is more than enough.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Like Jasper says, 3 hours is lots of time. NZ usually arrives at the D gates, AC to SEA usually leaves from the E gates.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:12 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Although I wouldn't say that there is 3 hours worth of entertainment / things to do on the secure side of the US departure area.

Suggest clearing Canadian Customs, and walking around the airport for a bit.

The Fairmont Airport Hotel Restaurant (above the US departures area) offers a nice lounge where great drinks can be had for not so cheap prices. It is a nice way to spend 90 minutes though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.