Search

BRU - YYZ flight query

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:35 pm
awn
Original Poster

BRU - YYZ flight query

Hi,
I have flight books from Brussels to Toronto next September. I didn't realize the flight operates via Ottawa. When arriving in Ottawa are you required to de-plane and clear customs/immigration? Also, does the flight from Ottawa to Toronto continue on the B767?
Many thanks!
awn
Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Via Montreal, not Ottawa.

Yes, you need to deplane and go through immigration and customs. Yes, the same plane continues to YYZ.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
AC833 operates via Montreal, not Ottawa. You will need to get off, clear customs/immigration, claim and recheck your luggage, and then go through security. 99% of the time you will be on the same plane departing from the same gate.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:32 pm

Yes, the BRU plane stops in YUL, and you'll have to clear customs. Two things that we learned:
- any Duty-free items you bought over the Atlantic will now have to go into your checked luggage to clear security (so carry bubble-bags); and
- there will be a remarkable service change from TATL to Rapidair attitude, with the same folks you appreciated so much on the first leg.

BTW in my last trip they actually moved the plane to a different gate - so check the screens.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: AC
Have done this route a couple of time sin both directions. It is actually really good.

Have had no complaints. It was even better during the summer when they were operating a 333 on the route. I believe they are back down to 4 days per week with a 767 now.

You will enjoy it. Remember though that on the YUL - YYZ route, if you want a beer or something in Y, just show them your boarding pass. You are still entitled to alcohol at no charge on that portion of the trip, as you are on an international flight still.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC*E50k, AvisFirst, HHonors Diamond
Yes, its a 767 now. I'm waiting nervously in the lounge to board this very flight now...when I booked, the AC was listed as an XM model, so I paid for J class. Today, seatguru reports it is one of the old clunkers.

Ain't gonna be impressed if I paid $5k for Comfort Plus. My BP says 6A, so that suggests its an XM model, so hopefully it works out.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by beef
Yes, its a 767 now. I'm waiting nervously in the lounge to board this very flight now...when I booked, the AC was listed as an XM model, so I paid for J class. Today, seatguru reports it is one of the old clunkers.

Ain't gonna be impressed if I paid $5k for Comfort Plus. My BP says 6A, so that suggests its an XM model, so hopefully it works out.
All Europe flights except certain summer leisure destinations (ATH/BCN/DUB/MAD) are operated with XM aircraft, without exception. The non-XM aircraft are flying in Hawaii during the winter.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC

Looks good on AC.com. I think you will be fine on the flight, pretty sure it will be an XM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How can seatguru report that?

AFAIK Seatguru just shows both types. Does not tell you which is on your route today?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC*E50k, AvisFirst, HHonors Diamond
You select the specific departure/arrival time and seatguru gives you the specific seatplan. In this case, it did not present the XM plan as an option.

But...it's a moot point. I'm presently in the YUL MLL doing the waiting for the next segment and it was in fact an XM
Old Nov 20, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Seat Guru is not completely up to date.

767-300ER (763) is representative of the last remaining Amigo fin 687 -
24J/223Y. Surprised that a thread wasn't dedicated to it, but we've said adios to fins 689/690. They have been replaced by the two former HA fins 691/692 which are actually very decent aircraft - flew on 691 regularly through the Summer.

AC's website displays the seat chart for the 3 remaining non-XM'd aircraft. Lets get the terminology straight. There 3 Amigo's are no longer. There is 1 Amigo and a Pair of Pineapples

763 Layout 4 (Original Cabin Interior) is Fin 687 24J/223Y
763 Layout 5 (Original Cabin Interior) are fins 691/692 18J/242Y

**Layout 4 is the Winter Configuration

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Nov 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.