Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will they show mercy?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: meh
Originally Posted by jazzsax
I had an agent in YWG ask me (not me asking) if I wanted to change from my YWG-YOW-YYZ flight straight to YWG-YYZ, no fee, nothing.

"why send you the long way, the planes are empty"

had booked the flight on rewards.

it does happen, just gotta be nice and friendly to the agent and they often make the changes!
Have had the complete opposite too though. Connecting in YVR from a reward flight to a paid Z fare. Asked the agent at the international connections desk about being put on an earlier flight and was told that I'd have to pay as I "wasn't on a full J fare". It had been a long day so I just paid the 75x2. Still sucked when we boarded to a less than full flight in J.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AE, HHG
Originally Posted by YEG USER
On the day of travel once it becomes obvious that the seat won't sell, AC changes tactics to try enhance their revenue by alternate methods!
questions:

1.Can this change only be made at the gate or can I phone aeroplan at 00:01on departure day requesting change?
2. I have an upcoming reward flight YYZ-SRQ, although I had wanted YYZ-TPA. Will they allow an aiport change for $75 on departure day?

thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
1. Must be made at the airport.

2. Only if TPA and SRQ are considered Co-Terminals, like YYZ/YTZ. Check the fare rules on your ticket (i.e. call Aeroplan).
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by DaveTO
1. Must be made at the airport.

2. Only if TPA and SRQ are considered Co-Terminals, like YYZ/YTZ. Check the fare rules on your ticket (i.e. call Aeroplan).
How about this one. I am going YYZ YVR HNL on a flight pass ticket and my wife is going YYZ SFO HNL on a J reward ticket on Continental. Departure and arrival are withing 30 minutes of each other. Will they let her do a same day change at the airport to my flight?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by allbrosca
How about this one. I am going YYZ YVR HNL on a flight pass ticket and my wife is going YYZ SFO HNL on a J reward ticket on Continental. Departure and arrival are withing 30 minutes of each other. Will they let her do a same day change at the airport to my flight?
No - she is on a CO flight. You will need to find award space on the AC flights in order to move her - and you will incur change fee + fuel surcharge.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by DaveTO
No - she is on a CO flight. You will need to find award space on the AC flights in order to move her - and you will incur change fee + fuel surcharge.
I thought so. Sometimes they can do almost anything at the airport if they want so it never hurts to ask (best one ever - 5 US Air North Ameican style business class seats from YYZ to BCL through PHL got changed to F seats on LH through FRT when the YYZ PHL flight got cancelled).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.